talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Musa: Nigeria Aiming for Semis

Though they face stiff opposition in Group D, Nigeria are looking to improve on their run to the last 16 at Brazil 2014.

Discussing their objectives, Musa said: “We need to set our sights high. Nigeria want to do more than just get past the group phase. We want to make the quarter-finals and even the semis. Why not?”

Musa knows what to expect in Russia, having spent four seasons with CSKA Moscow. The forward scored 53 goals in 169 appearances for the club between 2012 and 2016, the best years of his career to date.

So what does he make of his return to the scene of his finest exploits? “I hope I get selected. The World Cup is a very important event for any player.”

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you think this is bad, Raul Ruidiaz said "no one said Peru can't win the World Cup"

There is a level of optimism and ambition, and yes you always have to try but the wording was totally wrong as I think most people even here have written us off part the quarter final stage at most.

• Subscriber

Musa was pretty shocking for us. Couple of decent goals but his general game was appalling. He just looked so utterly bereft of any confidence it was unreal. I don't think there's anything wrong with aiming high.

Archived