talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your World Cup Bracket

I didn't make the template, but here is my bracket.

My father sent it to me, I'll ask him where he got it from so I can include a link.

9aba56e35dd9c8691780cf364d13a9bd.png

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Dan said:

image.thumb.png.234dcc1e3a89faff0ef4f8cd84b07da5.png

That bracket is wrong. The final will be a group of 3 according to FIFA, meaning you need to add Mexico to the mix.

Round Of 16
(A1) Uruguay vs. Portugal (B2)
(C1) France vs. Croatia (D2)
(E1) Brazil vs. Sweden (F2)
(G1) England vs. Poland (H2)

(B1) Spain vs. Egypt (A2)
(D1) Argentina vs. Peru (C2)
(F1) Germany vs. Switzerland (E2)
(H1) Colombia vs. Belgium (G2)

Quarter Finals
Portugal vs. France
Brazil
vs. Poland

Spain vs. Argentina
Germany vs. Colombia

Semi Finals
France vs. Brazil

Spain vs. Germany

Final
Brazil vs. Germany

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/03/2018 at 01:47, Storts said:

I reckon England will make the QF's minimum.

I'm not even sure we'll beat both panama and Tunisia. I think we'll beat one but maybe not both. We do have a very good record against Poland and Columbia but s terrible record in knock outs

On 04/03/2018 at 15:58, Blue said:

That bracket is wrong. The final will be a group of 3 according to FIFA, meaning you need to add Mexico to the mix.

Puru is the only team I would fancy England against in a knock out :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Iran ahead of Portugal?

You can't underestimate them mate. Had Messi not scored a screamer from nothing against them in the last world cup, then Iran might have gone through their group as they didn't make it easy for their opponents.

Then again, against Portugal they may find their nemesis there as one thing I've gathered with Iran is that they are at their best when defending against possession based teams. Portugal aren't one of those so it may make for a very different game to what we will see from Iran against Spain, for example, who may find it difficult against them. Breaking them down when they defend with 11 is some test! If they can find a few goals in them then they have a chance.

To be honest, I don't think  they will actually get through their group in the end and I don't even know why I predicted them to. But one thing I will say is that they won't be an easy team to face if they are anything like they can be.

6 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

You can't underestimate them mate. Had Messi not scored a screamer from nothing against them in the last world cup, then Iran might have gone through their group as they didn't make it easy for their opponents.

Then again, against Portugal they may find their nemesis there as one thing I've gathered with Iran is that they are at their best when defending against possession based teams. Portugal aren't one of those so it may make for a very different game to what we will see from Iran against Spain, for example, who may find it difficult against them. Breaking them down when they defend with 11 is some test! If they can find a few goals in them then they have a chance.

To be honest, I don't think  they will actually get through their group in the end and I don't even know why I predicted them to. But one thing I will say is that they won't be an easy team to face if they are anything like they can be.

I'd live to see how to see it happen. For some reason I'm not that keen on Portugal

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Iran will finish last in their group. Spain 1st. Portugal or Morocco for 2nd. 

I'd agree with that, although given Portugal's pragmatic style, I do feel this was one of the worst draws for them. They face a superior Spain, and 2 sides they will struggle to break down. Morocco are better offensively than Iran as well.

I just noticed we could face one of Croatia or Iceland in the round of 16 if we finish first in the group. Argentina would also be a familiar foe. Interesting.

I'm not going to rule out Nigeria though. Match by match I'm getting convinced that they are actually a decent side.

Group stage

1. Uruguay/Egypt
  2. Spain/Portugal
  3. France/Denmark
  4. Argentina/Croatia
  5. Brazil/Switzerland
  6. Germany/Mexico
  7. Belgium/England
  8. Colombia/Poland

RO16

Uruguay v Portugal

Spain v Egypt