talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Is This Man City Team The Best Ever In the Premier League?

football forum

football forum

pep-guardiola-man-city-vs-arsenal.jpg

It's fair to say we've all got a semi on for City at the moment as they completely dismantle Arsenal at the Emirates. The question is however, are they the best team to ever play Premier League football? Better than the Invincibles or SAF's United?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are having one great season and that's all it is at the moment.. I mean well played and great to watch no doubt but lets see what happens over the next 4 to 7 seasons before people trip over their own feet rushing to give them the crown... 

• The title was changed to Are This Man City Team The Best Ever In the Premier League?
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

They can't win back to back titles, they will always be behind United and our 2004-06 side. 

Why? The question is for one season. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No it's not. Read the title and first post

Are city the best ever in the premier league. The could be the best ever then make a few bad signings  and not be next season. For me next season has no bearing

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Are city the best ever in the premier league. The could be the best ever then make a few bad signings  and not be next season. For me next season has no bearing

If you are going on just this season then yes they are the best in the league but then so many teams before them have been great for just one season in the league... Consistently great is another matter altogether a crown only held by United in my book... It may be some time before that feat can be replicated by City..  

It doesn't matter if right now it's only one season. The future in unimportant where the question is concerned... For me at least this is the strongest team I've ever seen in the English game by a long shot.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It doesn't matter if right now it's only one season. The future in unimportant where the question is concerned... For me at least this is the strongest team I've ever seen in the English game by a long shot.

I beg to differ... Its asking if they are the best EVER in the Premier League... that would cover a broader spectrum than just one season... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I beg to differ... Its asking if they are the best EVER in the Premier League... that would cover a broader spectrum than just one season... 

But that spectrum concerns only this season so far because it’s all we have on the question concerning this team right now mate. 

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

But that spectrum concerns only this season so far because it’s all we have on the question concerning this team right now mate. 

Cannabis needs to stop posting shit and causing trouble between members that's what I really think.... B|

43 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's what I think.Generally when the question is asked who is the best premier league team ever people answer with a team and a year. Out of interest mate you really think this city side is better than man utd sides with scholes' Beckham Giggs Keane Jap Stan ect?

4 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Remember that crazy 15 mins this season where we COMPLETELY destroyed them. No team apart from us is doing that.

I remember the crazy 90 minutes when they destroyed you. No team apart from them is doing that this season xD

I've never seen a team that was so much better, just in terms of quality of play, than the rest of the league. 

Obviously to truly judge we'll need to see how much this squad achieves over its playing lifetime, but I've never seen a team in England against whom basically 90% of the league shits itself. 

If they perform at this level for a few seasons and win a couple of titles, they will be the best imo. 

If. 

Have to remember only Spurs maybe are better than what they were during English clubs European dominance 05-09

Liverpool have more bite up front, but as a balanced side I'd fancy their 07-09 team. 

32 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Have to remember only Spurs maybe are better than what they were during English clubs European dominance 05-09

Liverpool have more bite up front, but as a balanced side I'd fancy their 07-09 team. 

That team didn't even win the league

Chelsea in Mourinho's first era were game changers to the effect that Manchester United had to improve tenfold to better them and the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham had to improve to keep up. Two years later we ended up having the best league in the world and Manchester United produced in my opinion the greatest team they ever had under Ferguson in the late naughties. Then obviously Ronaldo was sold, Tevez was sold, and the general quality of the league gradually declined year upon year.

I think in terms of their quality, movement and organisation this Manchester City are similar game changers. We can already see a movement in Europe with how many English teams look likely to make the quarter finals of the Champions League. This Manchester City are the best team of all time in terms of quality, and all you have to do is look at how the game has evolved in the last ten yeats to recognise that.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the top five react to keep up and try and better them over the next year or two.

Archived