talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Is This Man City Team The Best Ever In the Premier League?

football forum

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Chelsea in Mourinho's first era were game changers to the effect that Manchester United had to improve tenfold to better them and the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham had to improve to keep up. Two years later we ended up having the best league in the world and Manchester United produced in my opinion the greatest team they ever had under Ferguson in the late naughties. Then obviously Ronaldo was sold, Tevez was sold, and the general quality of the league gradually declined year upon year.

I think in terms of their quality, movement and organisation this Manchester City are similar game changers. We can already see a movement in Europe with how many English teams look likely to make the quarter finals of the Champions League. This Manchester City are the best team of all time in terms of quality, and all you have to do is look at how the game has evolved in the last ten yeats to recognise that.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the top five react to keep up and try and better them over the next year or two.

Good post but did you end that with "top 5 reaction" just to get Arsenal in there? xD

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Chelsea in Mourinho's first era were game changers to the effect that Manchester United had to improve tenfold to better them and the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham had to improve to keep up. Two years later we ended up having the best league in the world and Manchester United produced in my opinion the greatest team they ever had under Ferguson in the late naughties. Then obviously Ronaldo was sold, Tevez was sold, and the general quality of the league gradually declined year upon year.

I think in terms of their quality, movement and organisation this Manchester City are similar game changers. We can already see a movement in Europe with how many English teams look likely to make the quarter finals of the Champions League. This Manchester City are the best team of all time in terms of quality, and all you have to do is look at how the game has evolved in the last ten yeats to recognise that.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the top five react to keep up and try and better them over the next year or two.

I was thinking that only yesterday... Chelsea started with it all spending silly amounts of money and setting the trend then as others have done the same we have dropped off keeping pace it seems... Like that runner who celebrates just a tad too early before crossing the finishing line only to be overtaken by the bloke who is more focused on finishing than the adulation of the crowd... 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Good post but did you end that with "top 5 reaction" just to get Arsenal in there? xD

I think it's not even harsh to suggest when you consider Arsenals decline over time in contrast with how the other sides have improved over the previous two years to believe that Arsenal would do very well to make the top five unless there's an overhaul in regards to objectives, transfers, principals etc. 

I definitely don't think they'e in a position to be aspiring to be better than City under Guardiola.

40 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

Ever ???   Nope.    

the treble winning team of United is much better .......

the invincible Arsenal too ...

I think you're being led by statistics and trophies with that statement and seeing as the coach in question (Guardiola here) is just over 1 and a half seasons into his Premier League career, you can't use stats or numbers to judge.

The question I put to you is if you've seen better football played in the Premier League?  Football where one team seems to be light years away from the rest.

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think you're being led by statistics and trophies with that statement and seeing as the coach in question (Guardiola here) is just over 1 and a half seasons into his Premier League career, you can't use stats or numbers to judge.

The question I put to you is if you've seen better football played in the Premier League?  Football where one team seems to be light years away from the rest.

well, the initial question was "best team EVER".    so,  i'll always go with the team that has no losses ( arsenal ) and the team with the most trophies ( united )

but as for your question.   As of the moment.   City is playing fluid and effective football.       United's defense is abysmal.   Chelsea is clueless sometimes.  Liverpool is inconsistent and so is Spurs and nevermind Arsenal coz they're trash right now.  City is the best team in the EPL this season.

Archived