2. 2. First Goalscorer

• Christian Benteke
    • Romelu Lukaku
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Administrator

Kick-off -  20.00
Coverage - sky.PNG

821px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png     VS     1200px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.pn

Last 5
Crystal Palace 0-1 Tottenham
Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace 1-1 Newcastle
West Ham 1-1 Crystal Palace
Arsenal 4-1 Crystal Palace

Man Utd 2-1 Chelsea
Sevilla 0-0 Man Utd (Champions League)
Huddersfield 0-2 Man Utd (FA Cup)
Newcastle 1-0 Man Utd
Man Utd 2-0 Huddersfield

Top Scorers
Crystal Palace - Luka Milivojevic (7)
Man Utd - Romelu Lukaku (21)

Top Assists
Crystal Palace - Andros Townsend (5)
Man Utd - Paul Pogba (9)

Match Info
Crystal Palace have not won in 5 matches, losing 3 and drawing 2. 
This fixture last season saw Man Utd run out 2-1 winners.
Crystal Palace have only lost 2 of their last 10 home games
The last time Crystal Palace beat Man Utd at home was in May 1991.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-0 or 2-0 boring dull win for United. They won't need to get out of second gear, and people will say "oh well Palace defended well and put in the effort". Whilst throughout the entire game I'll be cringing at the thought of somebody going down injured. 

• Administrator

When Manchester United travel to Crystal Palace on Monday evening, a club record will be under threat.

Jesse Lingard's winning goal against Chelsea last Sunday was the 10th that a United substitute has scored this season.

This is only one goal off Man Utd's record. In three seasons, United have scored 11 goals from the bench: 1998/99, 1999/00 and 2010/11.

Four of the 11 in 1998/99 came in one match, all scored by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after coming on in the 72ndminute as they won 8-1 at Nottingham Forest.

Four of this season’s goals have been struck by Anthony Martial, while Lingard has contributed three off the bench, with Marcus Rashford adding two and Marouane Fellaini the other.

No team this season have had their substitutes score as many as United’s 10, with Manchester City next on nine.

Jose Mourinho’s team are some way off the record in a season by one team.

Arsenal (2009/10), Liverpool (2015/16) and Man City (2011/12) lead the way with 15 goals in total.

Team Season Sub goals 
Arsenal 2009/10 15
Liverpool 2015/16
Man City 2011/12
Chelsea 2003/04 13
Spurs 2007/08
Arsenal 2005/06 12
Chelsea 2004/05
Reading 2012/13

https://www.premierleague.com/news/630242?sf183646847=1

• Subscriber

Crystal Palace 0-2 The Process

I need a shocker from Lingard for fantasy league purposes. I'm in a league at work where we all do it with a round robin format, I'm 2nd, against 1st, he's bench boosted and I'm still beating him, and will win providing Lingard does nothing.

I might just stick money on him to score. It's so blatantly going to happen. At least profit from having to put up with that smugness.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Crystal Palace 0-2 The Process

I need a shocker from Lingard for fantasy league purposes. I'm in a league at work where we all do it with a round robin format, I'm 2nd, against 1st, he's bench boosted and I'm still beating him, and will win providing Lingard does nothing.

I might just stick money on him to score. It's so blatantly going to happen. At least profit from having to put up with that smugness.

I'd rather lose 5-0 than see him do one of his stupid celebrations with a winning goal.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Pogba is exactly the type of player who belongs either at PSG or in the Chinese super league.

Or MLS. 

3 minutes ago, Marc said:

Sanchez shit too. I've got to say i've got it in for Pogba and i'm loving how shit he is. 

This, too. Can't stand him at all given how arrogant he is and barely does anything for this side recently. It's one glimpse of brilliance and talent hidden within total mediocrity and underwhelming performances.

• The title was changed to Monday 5th March - Crystal Palace 2-3 Man Utd
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived