8 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

2. 2. First Goalscorer

• Christian Benteke
    • Romelu Lukaku
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, LFCMike said:

We'll batter them and De Gea will have his usual worldie against us and we'll draw or lose narrowly. You just know it

I know, I know. Praying that DeGea gets caught nicking doughnuts again and had to do community service on Saturday instead.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to write an essay on how great MacArthur is, how undervalued PVA and Schlupp can be as squad players, how pleasing it is to see Bissaka doing so well and how Sorloth could become a cult hero, but to lose in that fashion is absolutely gutting.

• The title was changed to Monday 5th March - Crystal Palace 2-3 Man Utd
  • Subscriber
18 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I was going to write an essay on how great MacArthur is, how undervalued PVA and Schlupp can be as squad players, how pleasing it is to see Bissaka doing so well and how Sorloth could become a cult hero, but to lose in that fashion is absolutely gutting.

Was going to say the same about McArthur, thought he was the best player on the pitch. PVA much better than I remember, and thought the young lad did really well. Not sold on Sorloth though mate - really slow, clumsy, don't think he's going to score many in this league. Could be wrong but personally not impressed .

Just now, Storts said:

Was going to say the same about McArthur, thought he was the best player on the pitch. PVA much better than I remember, and thought the young lad did really well. Not sold on Sorloth though mate - really slow, clumsy, don't think he's going to score many in this league. Could be wrong but personally not impressed .

He's limited for sure but he will cause problems with his figure and give 100%. Not at the cost of £30,000,000+ either.

Hennessey is the one that really grates me. His clean sheet ratio is something like 1 in 5 which shows how out his depth he often is. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:$The goat Jose Mourinho MOTM!

Nicholas I just sent you a snap of the mess I left all over my coffee table. :$ *for you eyes only* my pants were unzipped as soon as matic scored the winner. I believe some landed on my drink but fuck it.

Hahahahaha incredible. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He's limited for sure but he will cause problems with his figure and give 100%. Not at the cost of £30,000,000+ either.

Hennessey is the one that really grates me. His clean sheet ratio is something like 1 in 5 which shows how out his depth he often is. 

Hennessey is awful, worst starting keeper in the league by a considerable distance. Thing is this has been obvious for so long I just don't get why it hasn't been addressed. Will spend 30+ million on Benteke, Sakho etc. but won't buy a half decent goalkeeper 

• Subscriber

Palace could have mitigated that better imo but its over now and they have to look forward. Keeping the ball a bit more and not allowing United so much possession isn't terribly hard when you saw the interplay on show today. Shame really as it was looking really good for Palace too. They also looked a lot more fatigued as the game went on due to the faster pace in the first half which is what actually gave United more problems. 

• Subscriber

Never ever doubt the process eh!

Crystal Palace exist solely to piss Liverpool off.

I think Palace are going now. I feel like tonight was a huge opportunity blown.

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I was impressed by Schlupp tonight. He could play well occasionally.

14 minutes ago, Dan said:

Never ever doubt the process eh!

Crystal Palace exist solely to piss Liverpool off.

I think Palace are going now. I feel like tonight was a huge opportunity blown.

I've gone the other way. This game was a dead rubber before kick off and any result would have been a bonus. We have shown an intensity, motivation and tenacity combined with a structure all under a manager the players believe in. We have very good players in Wilfried Zaha, Mammadou Sakho, Yohan Cabaye and Ruben Loftus-Cheek who should all return shortly. The combination of this attitude along with their quality should see us through against lesser opposition.

Once we get Chelsea and Liverpool out the way I imagine we will sprint. I think we were 15th or something by the nineteenth game mark and that was after giving everybody else a seven game no goals head start.

We're better than the teams around us when everybody's fit, and with Roy at helm they're all playing for him. It's when he retires and Wilfired Zaha leaves that we will drop. Which will more than likely be next season.

23 minutes ago, Storts said:

Hennessey is awful, worst starting keeper in the league by a considerable distance. Thing is this has been obvious for so long I just don't get why it hasn't been addressed. Will spend 30+ million on Benteke, Sakho etc. but won't buy a half decent goalkeeper 

We have tried. We bought Steve Mandanda who had all the qualities to be a legend but once Marseille got funding again he never wanted to be here. We then rather foolishly spent all of last summer trying to entice Jasper Cillessen here even though he made it abundantly clear near the start of the window he wasn't interested. In January we persuaded Vicente Guaita to join us but Getafe would not let him leave before the end of his contract and rejected all compensation amounts. He'd fit in well here as he's currently injured. 

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

We have tried. We bought Steve Mandanda who had all the qualities to be a legend but once Marseille got funding again he never wanted to be here. We then rather foolishly spent all of last summer trying to entice Jasper Cillessen here even though he made it abundantly clear near the start of the window he wasn't interested. In January we persuaded Vicente Guaita to join us but Getafe would not let him leave before the end of his contract and rejected all compensation amounts. He'd fit in well here as he's currently injured. 

I reckon Jamal Blackman might be worth a look. Really impressed with him here a few weeks ago for Sheff Utd. Dominated his box and a good shot-stopper. Based off little more than that though but he looked a natural talent.

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

I reckon Jamal Blackman might be worth a look. Really impressed with him here a few weeks ago for Sheff Utd. Dominated his box and a good shot-stopper. Based off little more than that though but he looked a natural talent.

Completely agree. I genuinely don't see any reason why we shouldn't just pander to Chelsea consistently to get some of there second and third team players when they're ready to sell them. Cobham to Beckenham is not a million miles away, theyve grown up with a winning mentality, they all have sell on value, they end up going eventually from Chelsea for a reasonable price, they dont demand obscene wages and they're all good enough to play for us as it is.

Palace REALLY do manage to get on my wick. Hopefully we batter you as punishmemt for this shit show and the last few annoying AS FUCK results you've got against us. I liked palace until they started becoming a real pain in the arse for us. 

7 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Palace REALLY do manage to get on my wick. Hopefully we batter you as punishmemt for this shit show and the last few annoying AS FUCK results you've got against us. I liked palace until they started becoming a real pain in the arse for us. 

So you've hated us since 2001? :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Storts said:

They had a half decent goalkeeper but sold him to Southampton.

Alex McCarthy would be Palace's Number One if he was still there now. Very good 'keeper.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived