talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - Prediction League 2018 - Nudge's Biergarten

football forum

football forum

Lights out and away we go...

Interested in the very first TF365 F1 Prediction League? You should be. With a grand prize of £10,000 and a lap-dance from @nudge it's well worth winning. Will you fly high like Lewis Hamilton? Will you end up at the back of the pack like Marcus Ericsson? Will you end up crying like a little bitch like Seb ''@Tommy'' Vettel? You'll never know if you don't take part. 

tumblr_oo3x1aCIuU1t7lhlwo1_400.gif

All are welcome, the more the merrier :).

Details:

Code to join is 5a999060be0b172e77e9b961. We are going to be using GP Predictor https://gppredictor.com/ to play :friends:

Rules (as per the 2017 season which I'm sure will still be relevant): 

Grand Prix Predictor is based on the 2017 FIA Formula 1 World Championship. The game is free to play and offers you the opportunity to predict the top 10 finishers, and more besides, before each race of the season. You will compete in a global league. You can also challenge friends in private leagues, play the game on Facebook or mobile device. The game commences with the Australian Grand Prix on March 25 2017, and runs through to the final grand prix of the season in Abu Dhabi on 26 November. You will score points for your predictions at every race.

How to Play:

Playing the Grand Prix Predictor is easy. Just predict the top 10 finishing order of the upcoming grand prix using the simple tool on the 'My Predictions' page. Click on the image of the driver you want to choose from the driver list and drag and drop it into the box that denotes the position in which you think he will finish. Positions 1-3 are denoted by the podium at the top of the page, with positions 4-10 shown underneath.

You can also predict which driver you think will get pole position, which driver will set the fastest lap and which driver will gain the most positions during the race. To select your driver simply scroll through the list of drivers for each category until you have found your chosen candidate.

As with the top 10, you will score points based on these predictions.

Scoring System: 

Points will be awarded as follows:

• 10 points - Correctly predicted finishing position.
  • 5 points - Prediction one place away from actual finishing position.
  • 2 points - Prediction two places away from actual finishing position.
  • 0 points - Prediction more than two places away from actual finishing position.
Extra points can be scored under the following criteria:
  • 5 points - Correctly selecting the driver on pole position.
  • 5 points - Correctly selecting the driver with fastest race lap.
  • 5 points - Correctly selecting the driver who gained the most positions.
Bonus Points:
The bonus points system is simple and based on individual race performance. Bonus points will therefore be awarded for achieving the following landmark sequences or predictions in any race as follows:
  • 100 bonus points - Correctly predict the top 10 finishers in position in the same race.
  • 60 bonus points - Correctly predict six of the top 10 drivers in position in the same race.
  • 30 bonus points - Correctly predict the top three finishers in position in the same race.
  • 20 bonus points - Correctly predict the driver on pole position, the driver with the fastest lap and the driver who gained the most positions, all in the same race.
  • 10 bonus points - Correctly predict the winner of a race.
  • These bonus points will be awarded each time you make the corresponding correct prediction during the season.

Confirmed Drivers:

1. Cannabis (My Heart Will Grosjean)
  2. nudge (These Cars Should Be Lauda)
  3. Tommy (Vettel's Gonna Rattle)
  4. Stan (Pedal To The Vettel)
  5. bozziovai (Sloth)
  6. Batard (Batard Bappackers)
  7. The Palace Fan (Haas ta La Vista)
  8. Rando (SEX: The Breakfast of Champions)
  9. Anton (Ferrari Roche) 
  10. BartraPique (Mercedes 'Even Hamilton Can't Win' Benz)

The Teams: 

1. nudge & Tommy
  2. Toinho & bozziovai
  3. Stan & Batard 
  4. The Palace Fan & Cannabis 
  5. Batra & Rando

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was pinned
  • Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

I would, but a court injunction states that you can't :what:

i got that rescinded. Please treat my request with the utmost respect. 

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

@Tommy @Stan @DeadLinesman @Storts @bozziovai @Eco @RandoEFC @BartraPique1932 @The Palace Fan @Batard @JOSHBRFC @Kitchen Sales  I've just had a flick through the F1 thread and you seem to be the ones that post frequently (with the exception of the extra staff). Let me know if you're interested. 

I'm also thinking about having a ''Constructors'' title for this aswell. You'll each get paired up at random to make a team and your points are added together like they would in the F1 to crown an overall winner. I think this could actually be a really good addition if everyone's game :).

i'm in ......... we'll be waiting to who'll be my partner and the "rules" of our little game :P 

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'm also thinking about having a ''Constructors'' title for this aswell. You'll each get paired up at random to make a team and your points are added together like they would in the F1 to crown an overall winner. I think this could actually be a really good addition if everyone's game :).

Good idea, sounds fun!

Joined.

done.

simple name - sloth

who's that My Heart will Grosjean ??? hahahahahha   and that  these cars should be Lauda hahahaha

i should have named mine Senna Ma'Bitch, but too disrespect to the great man .. i just went with sarcasm to speed :P 

Just now, Cannabis said:

Grosjean is yours truly. 

These Cars Should Be Lauda is fucking genius @nudge

both are facking great ......... when i read My Heart Will Grosjean i sang Celine Dion's Titanic theme hahahahahah

but talking about "Lauda" .. did they pursue with that gadget that will make the engines "Lauda" ??

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Grosjean is yours truly. 

These Cars Should Be Lauda is fucking genius @nudge

Haha, thanks xD 

Just now, bozziovai said:

both are facking great ......... when i read My Heart Will Grosjean i sang Celine Dion's Titanic theme hahahahahah

but talking about "Lauda" .. did they pursue with that gadget that will make the engines "Lauda" ??

the exhaust microphone? I think they only trialed it, but not implemented it. Not yet, at least...

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Fuck all of you with your creative names. I saw that you can still change it. Gives me something to think about :35_thinking:

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You are allowed three name changes per season, any more and you take a grid drop penalty.

Go for Formula Pun.

If you're not gonna take it, that should be the name of the league if @Cannabis can change it. 

• This topic was unpinned and pinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived