• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - Prediction League 2018 - Nudge's Biergarten

football forum

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

I don't appear to have been given 30 bonus points for predicting 6 drivers in the top 10.

Predicted Vettel, Hamilton, Raikkonen, Ricciardo, Verstappen and Hulkenberg in the top 10.

Yet have only been given 10 bonus points for correctly predicting the winner of the race. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

That's six of the top 10 drivers in correct position.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

they should clarify that!

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Well it does say "correctly predicting six of the top 10 drivers in position" xD 

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

Just now, Cannabis said:

AUSTRALIA - ROUND ONE

Hello there and welcome to a brand new Formula One season! The sun is shining brightly and the drivers are rearing to go. We'll go through more twists and turns that @Bluetrying to justify Paulo Guerrero's cocaine overdose but at the end of the season we will only have one winner. Who will it be? Stay tuned to find out!

The race started well for most of our drivers and when I say ''most'' I'm obviously excluding @Batard and @DeadLinesman. Batard himself got a bit too heavy handed in the bar last night, after a world record seventeen bottles of Jim Beam Double Oak our resident Frenchman started seeing things that weren't actually there. Groping @Any O'Brien's saggy breast area mistaking it for Keely's famous TFF rack. For Phillip on the other hand, the sun was shining that hard down under that for healthy and safety reasons he couldn't step outside. He tried it in the early hours of the morning but the current bun bounced off his shiny, bald head blinding Bernie Ecclestone and causing a major fracas. 

Anyway, onto the track it was a poor start for @bozziovai, a great bit of pace out of the traps but coming into the final sector poor old Bozzi remembered that he'd left his Chicken Tikka Masala in the oven... or did he? Well, the momentary lapse in concentration cost him as he slammed into the wall and brought out the Safety Car. 

Next, it was a coming together between @nudge and @The Palace Fan. The latter blasted past nudge at great speed before backing off and pulling alongside. No matter what nudge did, The Palace Fan just wouldn't budge driving alongside and shouting what sounded like profanity out of the car. As it turns out, he was just demanding nudes and wouldn't take no for an answer. Unfortunately, nudge was only too happy to oblige but as she unzipped her race-suit to show our good man a glimpse at the crown jewels the pair collided and slid into the gravel, yet another DNF. 

@RandoEFC and Cannabis come over next, they probably could have put in a better shift in truth but spent the final 10 laps moaning about Sam Allardyce and about how much Sammy Lee is a Rednosed gobshite. Had they concentrated on the race, they could well have come higher up the pecking order. 

@Toinho is next, one step from the podium in his home race which isn't bad at all. Rumour has it that there was some cheating going on with his curly hair actually being disposable nitrous oxide but we'll never know. For now, he sits with a respectable score of 44 (@Tommy's favourite number).

Anyway, onto the podium. @Stan used his IT help-desk skills to program into the car on a level above the others, leading for the full race before getting a text message from Brian, reading it and swerving off into the grass. Luckily, he managed to re-join the chasing pack and come home in a respectable 3rd, one place behind Tommy who crossed the line in 1st but started to celebrate a lap too early. Too keen to do the ''Vettel finger'' Tommy finds himself sparing his blushes as he thinks what could have been.

On the top of the pile is @BartraPique1932 with a stunning score of 175 - congratulations :drunk:!

Excellent read, mate!:congrats:

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Next, it was a coming together between @nudge and @The Palace Fan. The latter blasted past nudge at great speed before backing off and pulling alongside. No matter what nudge did, The Palace Fan just wouldn't budge driving alongside and shouting what sounded like profanity out of the car. As it turns out, he was just demanding nudes and wouldn't take no for an answer. Unfortunately, nudge was only too happy to oblige but as she unzipped her race-suit to show our good man a glimpse at the crown jewels the pair collided and slid into the gravel, yet another DNF. 

xD at least we went out in style, no regrets B|

Brilliant write up, Martin!

47 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Too keen to do the ''Vettel finger'' Tommy finds himself sparing his blushes as he thinks what could have been.

I did what I had to do, and I'm not ashamed of it. 

tumblr_oyk09g5tMb1wssrvyo3_1280.gif?w=60

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

AUSTRALIA - ROUND ONE

Hello there and welcome to a brand new Formula One season! The sun is shining brightly and the drivers are rearing to go. We'll go through more twists and turns that @Bluetrying to justify Paulo Guerrero's cocaine overdose but at the end of the season we will only have one winner. Who will it be? Stay tuned to find out!

The race started well for most of our drivers and when I say ''most'' I'm obviously excluding @Batard and @DeadLinesman. Batard himself got a bit too heavy handed in the bar last night, after a world record seventeen bottles of Jim Beam Double Oak our resident Frenchman started seeing things that weren't actually there. Groping @Any O'Brien's saggy breast area mistaking it for Keely's famous TFF rack. For Phillip on the other hand, the sun was shining that hard down under that for healthy and safety reasons he couldn't step outside. He tried it in the early hours of the morning but the current bun bounced off his shiny, bald head blinding Bernie Ecclestone and causing a major fracas. 

Anyway, onto the track it was a poor start for @bozziovai, a great bit of pace out of the traps but coming into the final sector poor old Bozzi remembered that he'd left his Chicken Tikka Masala in the oven... or did he? Well, the momentary lapse in concentration cost him as he slammed into the wall and brought out the Safety Car. 

@RandoEFC and Cannabis come over next, they probably could have put in a better shift in truth but spent the final 10 laps moaning about Sam Allardyce and about how much Sammy Lee is a Rednosed gobshite. Had they concentrated on the race, they could well have come higher up the pecking order. 

@Toinho is next, one step from the podium in his home race which isn't bad at all. Rumour has it that there was some cheating going on with his curly hair actually being disposable nitrous oxide but we'll never know. For now, he sits with a respectable score of 44 (@Tommy's favourite number).

Anyway, onto the podium. @Stan used his IT help-desk skills to program into the car on a level above the others, leading for the full race before getting a text message from Brian, reading it and swerving off into the grass. Luckily, he managed to re-join the chasing pack and come home in a respectable 3rd, one place behind Tommy who crossed the line in 1st but started to celebrate a lap too early. Too keen to do the ''Vettel finger'' Tommy finds himself sparing his blushes as he thinks what could have been.

On the top of the pile is @BartraPique1932 with a stunning score of 175 - congratulations :drunk:!

just like a martin brundle commentary ..................  very nice.   next time i'll try to remember if i left the oven on :P  :P 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Done mine. Predicting F1 is hard work though, especially specific finishing positions for the top ten.

We should see how this goes then maybe next season try something different like predict the following:

- Race Winner (5 points)

- Podium Finishers (3 points)

- Fastest Qualifier (3 points)

- Fastest Race Lap (3 points)

- First Retirement (5 points)

- Most Positions Gained (3 points)

Plus a few versus predictions that could change for each race e.g. Vettel vs Hamilton, Gasly vs Leclerc, who finishes higher (1 point for each one). The F1 podcast I listen to also has a "random driver" feature in their prediction league where a random driver is chosen and you have to say where they'll finish (10 points for exactly correct, 5 points for being one away etc), works out nicely when there are 20 races and 20 drivers.

And yes, I know that when someone brought up the idea of an F1 Prediction League I was the one who suggested we used an existing website and am now contradicting myself xD.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Middle of the night in Australia though, haha - so technically Monday :P 

No offence to the sport's fans but I watched the Aussie GP and whilst I learnt a few things, it was also incredibly boring...

• Subscriber
Just now, Toinho said:

No offence to the sport's fans but I watched the Aussie GP and whilst I learnt a few things, it was also incredibly boring...

Yes it was, sadly it's how it is these days, though Bahrain should be better as the circuit is a bit more overtake-friendly... 

Do yourself a favour and watch MotoGP instead, haha. 

Just now, nudge said:

Yes it was, sadly it's how it is these days, though Bahrain should be better as the circuit is a bit more overtake-friendly... 

Do yourself a favour and watch MotoGP instead, haha. 

Tempting. 

Cannabis, I will find a way to actually offend you soon. 

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Tempting. 

Cannabis, I will find a way to actually offend you soon. 

tell him Everton haven't done anything in the Premier League :ph34r: 

• This topic was unpinned and pinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived