talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lukaku Rejects New Everton Deal

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Batard said:

Rumors were he'd be sold for €70m in the summer but I can see that inflating in price now. Back to Chelsea?

Always felt we would buy him back when he makes it big. We got Matić back that way even though it isn't that similar to the Lukaku situation. With Costa probably off to China or a big money move we could fund Lukaku but not really sure will it even work out.

Apparently it's the high release clause that has been rejected which basically tells you that he's off anyway. He may end up signing a new contract to hike up his wages short term but I'll be very surprised if he's at Everton post summer. 

Shame for Everton (arkles) because there's no way they will be able to replace his goals. 

I remember his first game for Chelsea, came off the bench and was a menace. My mate said 'who the fuck is this big dark skinned fine upstanding and productive member of society he is huge, and seems decent on the ball. We both agreed straight away that he was going places and would do well in the premier league. Not surprised at all that he has done well at Everton and sad as though it is for a grafter of a club like Everton to lose one of their best, he needs to find his level.

One more year at best if the release clause issue gets resolved. I don't blame him for wanting to have the clause, like I said elsewhere he's ready to challenge for the big honours now. 

Time for Walsh to earn his money. 

5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Apparently it's the high release clause that has been rejected which basically tells you that he's off anyway. He may end up signing a new contract to hike up his wages short term but I'll be very surprised if he's at Everton post summer. 

Shame for Everton (arkles) because there's no way they will be able to replace his goals. 

They can change the way they play though and get better. Lukaku is not a Suarez, he's not capable of dragging a team anywhere, he's a decent goalscorer and Everton will make a handsome fee on him and move on. I think they'll improve without him with Koeman at the helm.

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

He's going to become more powerful than Sepp Blatter at this rate.

Isn't he already one of the most powerful blokes in football? I fancy him and Mendes creating some real problems in footballing world in the near future. 

@Topic

Lukaku is replaceable. Depends on how they spend the money. From the outside, I didn't feel they did a great job with Stones' money. Buying Schneiderlin in the winter was a smart thing, though. 

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

They can change the way they play though and get better. Lukaku is not a Suarez, he's not capable of dragging a team anywhere, he's a decent goalscorer and Everton will make a handsome fee on him and move on. I think they'll improve without him with Koeman at the helm.

Maybe? 

I just think 30 goal a season strikers are like gold dust, he's won Everton so many points this season. I just think they'll struggle to replace him. 

26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Maybe? 

I just think 30 goal a season strikers are like gold dust, he's won Everton so many points this season. I just think they'll struggle to replace him. 

With the funds they'll get from him, i'd imagine there would be several targets they'd be aiming for that could be quality. 

Playing a different way is probably the route we'll take. The problem with that is the current way is getting the best out of the midfield as a unit and individually players are progressing. There's no guarantees even the slightest tweak will continue this. 

40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

With the funds they'll get from him, i'd imagine there would be several targets they'd be aiming for that could be quality. 

We all know that endless amounts of money means nothing if you can't attract the best players. The biggest reason Lukaku wants to leave is because he wants CL football so there's nothing to suggest that Everton could attract anyone else of that calibre. It's a problem we ourselves have encountered countless times after losing top strikers. 

Theres always the chance that they unearth a gem or sign a young second tier striker that instantly steps up a level, but the likelihood is that a club like Everton replacing a striker that scores you 30 goals a season is going to be very very difficult. 

• Subscriber

Just read Lukakus comments about being one of the best strikers in the league and how there's only four other strikers in the world he can learn from and that he's nearly at their level. It's on Sky sports but can't be bothered copying when on my phone.

He's actually kept his mouth shut for so long you almost forget what an arrogant boy he is at the end of the day. xD

4 minutes ago, adziom said:

Just read Lukakus comments about being one of the best strikers in the league and how there's only four other strikers in the world he can learn from and that he's nearly at their level. It's on Sky sports but can't be bothered copying when on my phone.

He's actually kept his mouth shut for so long you almost forget what an arrogant boy he is at the end of the day. xD

Some will call that "believing in one's self"...  I'm more inclined to believe and go along with what you have just said on the arrogance stakes.

41 minutes ago, HK85 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-romelu-lukaku-interview-transcript-12748126

Reads like he's questioning the real intent of the club to move forward, which is something a fair few fans have wanted to know for the past 15 years. 

Yep. It also reads to me that he'd be out the door the first chance he gets. Just waiting for one of the powerhouse clubs to come calling. 

9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yep. It also reads to me that he'd be out the door the first chance he gets. Just waiting for one of the powerhouse clubs to come calling. 

You got that from those quotes? 

You're right but I don't get it from anything he said there. 

4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

"First chance he gets" is a little bit over the top. He could have gone last season but didn't so its silly to suggest he's already packing his bags.

Personally, I liked that interview. He loves being at Everton but wants assurances that we will be playing Champions League football in the next season or two which I can agree with.

I personally think he will give us one more year (with an improved contract) before leaving.

That's basically what happened with us with Suarez. 

When I say 'first chance he gets' what I meant was as soon as a CL club makes a solid offer. I don't think a solid offer was made last season (could be wrong) but if one were made this summer I'd be surprised if he stayed. 

• Subscriber

There's no way he can get those assurances though. The Premier League has 6 teams which are better than the rest, it's hard to break into that - even with lots of investment there are no guarantees.

Lukaku should be sold for the good of his career. Everton can bring in someone like Andre Gray who will do the same sort of job, but is better suited to a 7th placed finish with occasional Europa League group stages thrown in.

Archived