talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lukaku Rejects New Everton Deal

1 hour ago, Storts said:

There's no way he can get those assurances though. The Premier League has 6 teams which are better than the rest, it's hard to break into that - even with lots of investment there are no guarantees.

Lukaku should be sold for the good of his career. Everton can bring in someone like Andre Gray who will do the same sort of job, but is better suited to a 7th placed finish with occasional Europa League group stages thrown in.

Well that's not patronising at all.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yep. It also reads to me that he'd be out the door the first chance he gets. Just waiting for one of the powerhouse clubs to come calling. 

What of those clubs think he will be worth the transfer fee though? I think he's limited to just English clubs, and the only one I think that would see him as somebody that would be a worthy addition is ironically his old club. So he could be limited until Chelsea decide to let Costa go to China.

11 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

What of those clubs think he will be worth the transfer fee though? I think he's limited to just English clubs, and the only one I think that would see him as somebody that would be a worthy addition is ironically his old club. So he could be limited until Chelsea decide to let Costa go to China.

That's a fairly valid point. 

Cant see him at United, think they'll go after Kane. Can't see him at Arsenal, he's just not their style. Can't see him at City, not Peps type of player at all. 

So yeah, Chelsea seem the most logical destination but who's to say Conte would even want him?

Big lumbering CF's do seem to be going out of fashion actually when you think about. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's a fairly valid point. 

Cant see him at United, think they'll go after Kane. Can't see him at Arsenal, he's just not their style. Can't see him at City, not Peps type of player at all. 

So yeah, Chelsea seem the most logical destination but who's to say Conte would even want him?

Big lumbering CF's do seem to be going out of fashion actually when you think about. 

xD Superb.

No chance of that ever happening. Lukaku is their best bet.

20 minutes ago, Storts said:

xD Superb.

No chance of that ever happening. Lukaku is their best bet.

What makes you think United wouldn't go after Kane? Money is no object to them and could probably afford to triple what Spurs pay him. 

You sort of mocked Everton but Spurs are in kind off the same boat. Lose Kane and you lot would have taken one step forward and three steps back. 

Spurs don't have anywhere near the financial clout of the powerhouse clubs and it's only a matter of time before Kane is subject to their interest. Same with Alli. 

In fact come to think of it, selling Kane and Alli would go some way to paying off the new stadium and it wouldn't surprise me if that's not in the back of Levi's mind. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What makes you think United wouldn't go after Kane? Money is no object to them and could probably afford to triple what Spurs pay him. 

You sort of mocked Everton but Spurs are in kind off the same boat. Lose Kane and you lot would have taken one step forward and three steps back. 

Spurs don't have anywhere near the financial clout of the powerhouse clubs and it's only a matter of time before Kane is subject to their interest. Same with Alli. 

In fact come to think of it, selling Kane and Alli would go some way to paying off the new stadium and it wouldn't surprise me if that's not in the back of Levi's mind. 

They can go after him all they won't - we will not sell to any English club. I don't know why people think we would. It's been a long time since Berbatov. In the mean time we've rejected larger offers for Bale and Modric from English clubs to sell them abroad. If Kane goes (which won't be for years yet if at all) it will be to a foreign club.

We're streets ahead of Everton currently - we have all the infrastructure in place, world class training ground, new 61k stadium from next season,  we're in London, we will tripling our matchday revenue etc. Three steps backs from losing Kane is just a ludicrous statement.

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

Barmy to suggest that Kane would come to Everton, his next move will be to a Real Madrid like club. Moving to Everton is a side-ways step for him (if not one down).

Also, despite agreeing with Storts that Spurs are a better option than Everton its a touch arrogant to suggest that there's "streets" between the two teams. Location doesn't matter (I personally wouldn't want to live in London) and our training facilities are just as good.

Granted however we've been left behind by two poor seasons under Martinez. Under Moyes we battled with you year after year for Europe whereas now you've smashed the glass ceiling and expect to finish there every year.

I just hope that our model under Moshiri (ie - New stadium and bigger funds) sees us in a similar situation in the next few seasons.

Location absolutely does matter I'm afraid, you may not want to but for the foreigners the appeal of London cannot be underestimated. Your training facilities also aren't as good. Us and City have probably the best in Europe right now - brand new.

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Barmy to suggest that Kane would come to Everton, his next move will be to a Real Madrid like club. Moving to Everton is a side-ways step for him (if not one down).

Also, despite agreeing with Storts that Spurs are a better option than Everton its a touch arrogant to suggest that there's "streets" between the two teams. Location doesn't matter (I personally wouldn't want to live in London) and our training facilities are just as good.

Granted however we've been left behind by two poor seasons under Martinez. Under Moyes we battled with you year after year for Europe whereas now you've smashed the glass ceiling and expect to finish there every year.

I just hope that our model under Moshiri (ie - New stadium and bigger funds) sees us in a similar situation in the next few seasons.

Who said Kane would go to Everton?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The North West has always been recorded as the home of English football with the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City, Everton and Liverpool all playing there.

Are you suggesting that are foreigner would turn down a move to Liverpool in order to sit in London with West Ham? I can't agree, nor do I agree that someone would choose Spurs over Manchester City for example.

Players choose clubs for a number of reasons, playing in London may appeal to some but it's hardly something that others will envy and not a topic to compare clubs with.

Ill admit I don't know the ins and outs of your training ground but the USM Finch Farm is hardly a dirt path and with a £70,000,000 sponsor deal its only going to get better.

I'm not saying it's the determining factor - but yes London plays it's part. I see fans of other clubs bemoaning that regular. Not just the players, it's wives as well etc. They'd rather be in London.

It's a thing of beauty. My original post was a wind-up, but the first line is valid. You literally can't give guarantees to Lukaku because they don't exist. With investment you could join the top 6 in challenging, but it's a real struggle as this season is showing.

I wouldn't say it's been a struggle to try and break into the top 6. We can sit in 6th on Saturday (albeit 3 games ahead of United) for a day if we beat Hull and that was with a poor end of 2016. 

We haven't been consistently good this season and are close. 

Maybe winning at Anfield could signal a proper change, Everton's utterly pathetic record there is an embarrassment and symptomatic of the small time mentality which has pervaded the club for a generation. The future is just beginning, Lukaku won't be part of that for better or worse but there are bigger issues than him that need to be sorted.

7 hours ago, Storts said:

Lukaku should be sold for the good of his career...

Said David Moyes over here!

There is not a single club in the country that will sell players "for the good of their career" (well, maybe lower league feeder clubs so long as the price is right, but not Premier League) Every club wants to hold onto their best players if possible and that is the way they progress if successful in doing so.

• Subscriber

I know loads of clubs could say this, but we've had a very mixed season with a phase where we had something like one win in twelve yet we still won't end up massively far behind the top six.

The key thing for us is to start taking big wins, something we appeared capable of under Martinez when we won at Old Trafford, battered Arsenal 3-0 and Chelsea 3-1 when Naismith scored a hattrick, but haven't consolidated.

The club is on the up at the moment. We were bottom half the last two seasons, this season we'll finish 7th and qualify for Europe, closer to the top six than the teams behind us, and we'll still call it a mixed season despite it being a significant step forward due to the crap run of form either side of Christmas. You only start to get concerned if we keep Koeman for another year or two and we stay in the same situation or move backwards like we did with Martinez.

Even if we get up to Spurs/Liverpool standard of challenging for top four but not really threatening to consistently win trophies, Lukaku will leave anyway, so talking about CL qualification as something that will keep him at the club is only applicable for 2-3 years maximum, he is or will be good enough to win titles in England, Spain, wherever. He will leave.

Whether he signs a new contract or not we'll still get big money for him.

Archived