talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they lose today, he’ll go. 

With the departures of the chairman and the chief executive, there’s got to be pressure on Pardew, especially with that  training camp in Spain bringing the club into a negative light combined with what’s going on on the pitch. 

Not that he’ll go because he has a contract till the end of next season but I’d go after Sam Allardyce if I were them. Local boy, played for the club, has won promotion from the Championship a couple of times and if given time to do a job, he’s done well at Bolton and West Ham. 

• Administrator
19 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Fuck knows how we managed to draw with them in the league and get beat by them in the cup

they're 100% beating us next week and it's gonna fucking annoy me so much.

23 hours ago, Cannabis said:

The whole club is a bit rotten, it's not all Pardew's fault. He's been there just over two months and that's no time to turn a sinking ship around. Whilst I don't think he's on the levels of Guardiola he does deserve some time to at least put his stamp on things. 

The ship has somewhat sank at a rapid rate. I get Pulis is dislikeable and boring but hes a safe pair of hands. Replacing him with Pardew, regardless of how Palace initially progressed, is baffling.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Replacing him with Pardew, regardless of how Palace initially progressed, is baffling.

I wonder how much that over promoted local council coach John Carver has to do with it. Took him to West Brom, didn't take him to Palace.

9 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

I wonder how much that over promoted local council coach John Carver has to do with it. Took him to West Brom, didn't take him to Palace.

I don' think it had much to do with it to be honest. He was riding on a wave of momentum when he joined which is what he usually relies on. He' a good motivator when things are going right.

West Brom chief executive Mark Jenkins is flying to China on Tuesday to meet the club's owners, with Alan Pardew's future as manager expected to be high on the agenda.

The Baggies are eight points from safety and lie bottom of the Premier League, although Pardew is expected to remain in charge for their next game against Leicester on Saturday.

West Brom manager Alan Pardew says he has not spoken to the board about his future and will instead focus his attentions on their battle for Premier League survival.

The under-fire Baggies boss felt they were unlucky to lose 1-0 to Watfordlast time out, but is confident a win would be enough to help turn their season around.

"I can't ask my players to scrap and fight and dig themselves out of holes if I am not prepared to do the same thing myself, so that's what I am going to do until I am asked not to," he said ahead of Saturday's game against Leicester.

• Administrator

he's saving his job tomorrow when he beats us. Got a really bad feeling about it. We're exactly the kind of club to gift a team in need 3 points. 

• Subscriber

Honestly what more can you say about it?

It seems he has something over Premier League ownerships because he keeps getting employed. Clearly he interviews well and manages to convince people to believe in him.

Surely this has got to be him done at the top level. He's failed consistently and beyond the on field stuff there's so much talk about his off field antics.

West Brom are down and good riddens to them, don't think they are going to be missed. West Brom need to find a young manager that can get the fans behind them again. Someone that plays decent football and you can see some future with. 

• Administrator

The real joke is that despite the fact that he’s outside of his skill set managing in the Premier League, you can guarantee he’ll rock up at another Premier League side and do fuck all there as well 

• 2 years later...

Archived