The better place to talk football.

Champions League Quarter Final Draw

football forum

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, True Bender said:

Real won't face the easiest opponent, which proofs sky and UEFA were shaking and sobbing in the corner when I threatened so terminate my sky subscription.

xD 

I would recommend to all the Leicester boys to make a massive effort to go to the away leg in their tie.  They will get to see the final dying moments of one of the most wonderful stadiums in Europe.  Few have better atmosphere and the Vicente Calderón will soon be history.

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

I would recommend to all the Leicester boys to make a massive effort to go to the away leg in their tie.  They will get to see the final dying moments of one of the most wonderful stadiums in Europe.  Few have better atmosphere and the Vicente Calderón will soon be history.

One of my favourite stadiums I've been to. Loved it before and loved it even more after I went. Got to see Atletico Madrid beat Malaga 2-1. Falcao scored a last minute header I think. Atmosphere was ridiculous. 

Not to ruffle any feathers, but Leicester just looks out of place to me. For viewing purposes, I'd probably rather see PSG or something like them, but Leicester has earned this spot, but I just think they could get waxed.

3 minutes ago, ATL said:

Not to ruffle any feathers, but Leicester just looks out of place to me. For viewing purposes, I'd probably rather see PSG or something like them, but Leicester has earned this spot, but I just think they could get waxed.

Leicester won't get "waxed" at all and there's no footballing reason for it although in this sport anything can occur like even themselves doing a bit of "waxing"

This isn't a whack at you on what I'm about to say, but that attitude is the problem with modern football and I would say you're not alone and probably in the majority with that mindset.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, ATL said:

We are out of place. No denying that. But as you say we've earned it so we deserve to be there and mix it up with these lot. 

We're a different side since Shakespeare. Different in the sense that it's not how we were playing since August and it's more Leicester of last season. 

Just now, True Blue said:

Very surprised with the draw, all the games are decent and pretty equal.

I'd say they're very balanced considering the sides remaining in the tournament and a bookies nightmare.  Will the bookies be conservative all over for the quarters?

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Leicester won't get "waxed" at all and there's no footballing reason for it although in this sport anything can occur like even themselves doing a bit of "waxing"

This isn't a whack at you on what I'm about to say, but that attitude is the problem with modern football and I would say you're not alone and probably in the majority with that mindset.

I understand, but they are out of place, even as Stan says below. Have they earned it, absolutely, but they just don't have the kind of team that the others left have.

Just now, StanLCFC said:

We are out of place. No denying that. But as you say we've earned it so we deserve to be there and mix it up with these lot. 

We're a different side since Shakespeare. Different in the sense that it's not how we were playing since August and it's more Leicester of last season. 

You're probably right, and I'll be hoping the Leicester win the damn thing. But if you step away for a second and read the matchups, it's still very odd to me to see Leicester's name there. Couldn't be happier for them, but it's just still a little odd to see them listed with the other greats of European football history.

Archived