talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 6th March - Liverpool (5) 0-0 (0) Porto (2nd Leg)

• The title was changed to Tuesday 6th March - Liverpool (5) vs (0) Porto (2nd Leg)
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Would be nice to see Klopp playing the kids with them already through, Gomez, TAA, Rossitter and Solanke to start?

Jordan Rossiter who went to Rangers about two years ago? xD

Anyway, the Echo reckons Klopp won't be rotating.

7 hours ago, FOYM said:

We need to rest Firmino, Salah & Mane for the weekend. Especially Firmino because he plays the full 90 mins more than the other two and could do with more a rest.

Think we need to put out a strong lineup still. Don't want to give Porto the confidence that we don't respect them and will just play kids, we don't want a nervy game despite the cushion we have. But I do think one of the attacking 3 should sit this out entirely and the other two should be subbed out immediately. They're all pretty fucking important for us, but I'd probably let Salah sit this one out.

We've got a big enough lead to see this one out without too much fuss, but I'd like to avoid little individual errors fucking us up or an early goal giving them confidence. I just want us to see this through with a nice boring match and suffer no injuries.

• Subscriber

I'd rather us play Mo and Mane while resting Robbie instead. He's the lynchpin in everything and having him rested for the weekend game is more critical. Plus you want your top goal-scorer to get some game time in consistently even if its just a half or 60 minutes.

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What the hell is Klopp thinking? Watch One of Mane or Firmino get injured. 

They could get injured in any match though. But I sincerely hope nobody gets injured (obviously).

Decent squad though, still pretty strong despite a lot of important players being rested. Obviously, looks much stronger with Mane and Firmino up top. Milner, Can and Henderson is probably our best midfield trio as well. Shitloads of work ethic with them. Obviously without VvD, the defense doesn't look quite as strong - but if Lovren can keep up his good form that would be great for us. Glad keeper rotation looks well and truly over, I thought it might come back today despite Karius's recent good form because of the big cushion we've given ourselves. But he deserves to keep starting and continue to build momentum with this good form... and Mignolet is shite.

18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What the hell is Klopp thinking? Watch One of Mane or Firmino get injured. 

To be honest, I'd leave nothing to chance after the Sevilla car crash in the group stages! Only takes an early goal or two for some of this side to lose their heads completely. 

It's similar to what I'd have gone with. Get tonight's game done in the first half and bring Firmino off at half time

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

To be honest, I'd leave nothing to chance after the Sevilla car crash in the group stages! Only takes an early goal or two for some of this side to lose their heads completely. 

It's similar to what I'd have gone with. Get tonight's game done in the first half and bring Firmino off at half time

We Liverpool fans know the true meaning of "clenching your arsehole".

10 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Lackluster first half but I can't be bothered. Just manage the game and get through without any injuries. Is Alex injured? 

Almost as bad as us... 

Liverpool failed to have a single shot on target in the first half of a game for only the second time this season - the last was against Chelsea in the Premier League on 25 November (a 1-1 draw in the end).

Porto are a bit shit aren't they? As I type that, they have a shot on target though lol. But unless they radically transform into a different side in the remainder of this half, they've definitely got to be a contender for the worst side we've faced this season. They've shown very little at all.

Seems like the perfect match to let Ings have a runabout that's longer than 5 minutes.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Why is there always one twat that shouts during a minutes silence? Really touches my buttons. Arrogant, uneducated cunt.

genuinely heard some shouts of 'hala Madrid' during that silence period.

You have to be a monumental level of bellend to shout anything during a minute's silence. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

genuinely heard some shouts of 'hala Madrid' during that silence period.

You have to be a monumental level of bellend to shout anything during a minute's silence. 

Sounds like the average Real Madrid fan tbh :ph34r:

• Subscriber

In the end it ended just the way it should have and we could have had a goal but so could they. Danny really wanted to prove something today and put on a good show too. Nice to see him back and playing again.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 6th March - Liverpool (5) 0-0 (0) Porto (2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived