talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 6th March - Paris Saint-Germain (2) 1-2 (5) Real Madrid (2nd Leg)

1 hour ago, El_Loco said:

PSG is a trap, once you get there is no way out. The usual tactics used by agents to make a club release a player don't work. @SirBalon and I agree oh that matter. It is impossible to leave that club against the wish of their owners.

In the end, Verratti gave up, fired his agent and agreed to an extension. That is why Barcelona is close to sign Arthur, from Grêmio.

I agree mate...  If you go there then under the present Qatari State ownership you have to understand that the only way out is if they want you out.  I've said it before and I maintain it in that here we have the Earthly incarnation of the story of Faust.

In Verratti's case he has only himself to blame as Ancelotti said a few months ago in an interview to La Gazzetta Dello Sport where he accused Verratti of selling himself and now not understanding that he owes himself to what he's done.  In that Ancelotti is talking about Verratti renewing 5 separate contracts with substantial raises in his wages each time...  He WANTED to leave with all his might but his character shone through when he saw as his now ex-agent put it before Verratti was forced to sack him "At PSG you are the prisoner of the Emir and once you've sold yourself to him there's only one result and you won't be leaving!".

Verratti later signed a new agreement on the dotted line with ANOTHER substantial pay rise.  What I don't know is if the Prince asked him to sign with blood.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blue said:

Its kind of ironic isn't it? PSG destroyed the transfer market with the Neymar deal with these jokes of prices on players and it results on them getting knocked out in the round of 16. Not only did they ridicule themselves, but they killed a part of football in the process.

Get it sorted UEFA.

How's there a causal link?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

If RM wins the CL and Barcelona wins la liga is fair to say that the gap between them got bigger and RM is still the better team Antonio?  I'm going by your reasoning that CLs trophies matter more than league titles. That would be 4 CL trophies in 5 years!! I havent checked if the "greatest team of all-time led by pep" won that many in that time span, doubt it though since RM is the only team to win it back to back.

As for my boy Ronnie, he proved why he is the Greatest Scorer of all-time to have played the game.

But messi scores for fun say the fanboys...OPINION

It took Ronaldo less la liga games to reach. Messi needed 48 more games. FACT

Another FACT:

Ronaldo has 22 goals in his last 13 Champions League games and 117 in his career. He has 57 goals in the knockout stage -- 19 more than his closest rival, Barcelona's Lionel Messi.

The goal allowed him to equal the record held by his former teammate Ruud van Nistelrooy, who also scored in nine straight Champions League games for Manchester United in 2002-03.

Espn

Helps when your first La Liga game is at 24 rather than 16.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Arab football culture is different. They absolutely love football. But they don't so much care for specific clubs, like say supporting their hometown club - which is something you'd see in other Middle Eastern cultures like Iran, where people support their local clubs pretty fondly (or at least the fans of the big clubs lol).

Arab football culture is about supporting the individual players  - specifically the superstars. And to be honest, that's not really even unique to Arab football culture. In America as well, I think it's more likely you'll find people who love the sport but are more fans of particular players than the clubs themselves.

these goats ( arabs ) are wannabe fans.   they support who's in the limelight, if they see that that team with a specific player has won the UCL that year then damn, they'll wear the jerseys all the way .... bandwagon riders.

back to the game though,  what could have Veratti said to the referee that he got a 2nd yellow.   If that referee had been the one to officiate those El-Classicos during the Pep-Jose era then maybe only the goal keeper would be left hahaha

nasser-al-khelaifi-neymar-could-earn-mor

Everyone here knows I don't like Real Madrid much and that I'd rather have seen PSG win this particular duel for now.

But it's hilarious, absolutely hysterical what's happened AGAIN to this Al-Khelaifi guy. He should stick to either buying arms off countries and funding terrorism because football just doesn't seem to be one of their things.  Maybe the buying and selling of used camels could be a decent trade? B|

What was it again?

"He who laughs last laughs loudest" ;)

53 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

nasser-al-khelaifi-neymar-could-earn-mor

Everyone here knows I don't like Real Madrid much and that I'd rather have seen PSG win this particular duel for now.

But it's hilarious, absolutely hysterical what's happened AGAIN to this Al-Khelaifi guy. He should stick to either buying arms off countries and funding terrorism because football just doesn't seem to be one of their things.  Maybe the buying and selling of used camels could be a decent trade? B|

What was it again?

"He who laughs last laughs loudest" ;)

their arrogance that money can buy success has facked them in the arse.

the biggest winner of this fiasco is neymar ............. win or lose, he's earning.   

2 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

their arrogance that money can buy success has facked them in the arse.

the biggest winner of this fiasco is neymar ............. win or lose, he's earning.   

Neymar has lost there mate.  The whole reason behind his move has been null and void. It matters not what he's done in Ligue1 because it won't get him an ounce of recognition seeing as it's invisible in the broader scheme of things. He didn't only go there for money which was a big part of the reason to go there, he went there to win the Ballon d'Or which is the biggest joke of all.  His season has been invisible as predicted by Piqué... PSG officially took the piss out of Piqué countless times when the transfer of Neymar became a reality and I'm quite surprised he hasn't hit back as of yet.

This is all a bit much, isn't it? Missing their best player and talisman, they've just been knocked out of the Champions League by the team that's won it the last two seasons. It's hardly a crisis for them. They'll be back next season having spent more money, with (probably) a new manager, and if they can get everything clicking, they'll be very dangerous.

The European wide sports press is really laying into PSG. They’re not loved at all and for now I’ll post the headline on the front of today’s Italian national sports daily La Gazzetta Dello Sport in the form of a social media tweet. In this case they’re smashing into Dani Alves.

I’ll translate;

”A few hours after the final in Cardiff where you saw your teammates with tears in their eyes you posted a picture of the final you won in Berlin against Juve. People don’t forget. Goodbye mercenary and enjoy your Champions League.”

The bit about “enjoy your Champions League” is down to a quote Alves gave to the press when he signed for PSG by stating that he’d gone to the Parisian club for the project and to win the Champions League. 

The press everywhere this morning is full of dozens of mickey taking of the Qatari club. 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Neymar has lost there mate.  The whole reason behind his move has been null and void. It matters not what he's done in Ligue1 because it won't get him an ounce of recognition seeing as it's invisible in the broader scheme of things. He didn't only go there for money which was a big part of the reason to go there, he went there to win the Ballon d'Or which is the biggest joke of all.  His season has been invisible as predicted by Piqué... PSG officially took the piss out of Piqué countless times when the transfer of Neymar became a reality and I'm quite surprised he hasn't hit back as of yet.

UEFA itself ranks the French league at 5th.   How could he possibly think that he could be named Best Player playing in a lower league.   The attention and the praise they ( parisians ) are giving Neymar is nothing short of shameful.

• Subscriber

Got to love the shameless feeding frenzy that goes on when an unpopular club suffers a setback. Nobody likes PSG but the extent to which people feel the need to make that known at every opportunity shows that they've still got people rattled over the Neymar transfer in the summer.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Got to love the shameless feeding frenzy that goes on when an unpopular club suffers a setback. Nobody likes PSG but the extent to which people feel the need to make that known at every opportunity shows that they've still got people rattled over the Neymar transfer in the summer.

Maybe... But that doesn’t take away the satisfaction from laughing our heads off though. xD

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Maybe... But that doesn’t take away the satisfaction from laughing our heads off though. xD

Fairs, we've all been there xD. Might have laughed at Lukaku only scoring against bottom 6 teams once or twice this season myself :whistling:.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived