talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 7th March - Tottenham (3) 1-2 (4) Juventus (2nd Leg)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
18 hours ago, Cicero said:

More importantly, Matuidi is back 

To be fair to Juventus they could have won the first leg if Higuain converted some of those chances (and what chances they were too) so I am expecting them to come out with the same kind of gameplan and if they do then Spurs will be out.

Juventus seriously shot themselves in the foot in the first leg after mismanaging their 2 goal lead (which probably should've been more. Juventus need to score and that plays into Tottenham's hands perfectly as they'll have opportunities to punish Juventus on the counter. Positive for Juventus is that Dybala should be back for the game. They should probably also start Szczesny against a past it Buffon but that'll never happen. Can see Tottenham winning this 2-1.

48 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

To be fair to Juventus they could have won the first leg if Higuain converted some of those chances (and what chances they were too) so I am expecting them to come out with the same kind of gameplan and if they do then Spurs will be out.

Higuain's chance was no better than the one Kane headed straight at Buffon, the penalty yeah, he fucked up.

58 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

The freedom they gave Erikson and Dembele was criminal. 

Will not be the case with Matuidi

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Clairadactel said:

Should be another cracking game tonight. As always thoughts are with Davide Astori, his family and his Italian teamates from the Juve team.

Welcome to TF365 :) Good to have you here!

Echo your thoughts too. I just hope that Juve players don't get affected too much by it but that's definitely easier said than done!

Hi thanks for the welcome 😁 I agree. I was reading Gigi's tribute the other day and it was so beautiful but heart breaking too and he is such an emotional guy he will be finding it difficult tonight. I hope they can perform too. I think it is gonna be really close again but unless Dybala really turns up I think Spurs will edge it. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Welcome to TF365 :) Good to have you here!

Echo your thoughts too. I just hope that Juve players don't get affected too much by it but that's definitely easier said than done!

The top pros are usually buoyed by that sort of thing. We already know Higuain's a serial bottler, but you'd have to ask serious questions of the mentality of the rest of them if they let it negatively affect their performance.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

The top pros are usually buoyed by that sort of thing. We already know Higuain's a serial bottler, but you'd have to ask serious questions of the mentality of the rest of them if they let it negatively affect their performance.

I know. But they also wouldn't be human if they didn't feel some sort of pressure to perform for him. 

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Welcome to the forum mate ^_^

Juventus vs. Spurs is quickly becoming the tie of the round. If you had to stick your neck out, who's winning it?

Hi. Thanks. I'd say Spurs for me. Unless Dybala really turns up I think Son and Kane will be just a bit too much for them 

2 minutes ago, Clairadactel said:

Hi. Thanks. I'd say Spurs for me. Unless Dybala really turns up I think Son and Kane will be just a bit too much for them 

Agreed. Those 2 away goals for Spurs are also massive for them, really gives them control of the fixture. Granted, if we can get a Juve goal soon... then we're likely to have one hell of a game on our hands.

• Administrator

Juve going mental at the non-awarding of that penalty.

Big call from the ref. Looks a penalty to me. Definite contact.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE EXTRA OFFICIAL DOING THERE?!

• The title was changed to Wednesday 7th March - Tottenham (3) 1-2 (4) Juventus (2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived