talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 7th March - Tottenham (3) 1-2 (4) Juventus (2nd Leg)

• The title was changed to Wednesday 7th March - Tottenham (3) 1-2 (4) Juventus (2nd Leg)
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Max Allegri has to get lots of credit here.

Wasn't working during the first half. Tactics weren't set right.

Made changes accordingly in the 2nd half and it worked a treat. All managers will make mistakes in selection or formation. It's the great managers that realise this and correct these mistakes, learn their lessons. 

Delighted for Juve. 

Difference between a team and a manager with Champions League pedigree. Allegri schooled young Poch. 

Poch is gonna have to re-evaluate these domestic cup completions to save Spurs' season. 

The return of English clubs 😂

Fair play to Spurs theyve had the hardest draw along with Chelsea, good result in Turin. Maybe Poch will want to concentrate on the FA Cup now as winning trophies is better than qualifying for the CL and winning nout, build up a winning mentality etc.

• Subscriber

They had that one firmly in their hands and totally blew it. It's the same story with Spurs. A lot of promise but ultimately fall short when it matters most.

6 hours ago, Inverted said:

Just shows the difference between a great coach like Poch, and someone who's truly been there and done it at the top level for years like Allegri.

Also shows the difference in money, Juve spent nearly £100m on one of their goalscorers...

Juventus have made 2 finals over the last 3 years, no shame in Spurs not being able to cope with a change in gear. Though I'll be honest I didn't expect much from Juve this season and the first leg was showing of that.

5 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Tottenham had no options from the Bench, Llorente is such a poor option and offered nothing.

I wouldn't say that although Llorente isn't what he was for sure.  I remember Llorente scoring twice against Real Madrid for Juventus in the Champions League.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I wouldn't say that although Llorente isn't what he was for sure.  I remember Llorente scoring twice against Real Madrid for Juventus in the Champions League.

he is a poor option. 

He's been shite at Spurs. Best it gets for him is a hat-trick against the mighty Rochdale. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived