• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Serbia - Dark Horses?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, bozziovai said:

every world cup i see the African Nations as literal and figuratively DARK horses.    Senegal in 2002 was good, i hope they'll do well again this year.

but back on thread -  Brazil, Swiss, Serbia and Costa Rica.

serbia's qualifying group isn't that strong but the Swiss gave the defending Euro Champions a run for their money in their group.   so, i say, no.   it would be Brazil and the watch makers that would go thru .....

This really is taking the commitment to your adopted nation to a new level :ph34r:. @Cannabis surely approves.

10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

This really is taking the commitment to your adopted nation to a new level :ph34r:. @Cannabis surely approves.

oh sheyt !!!!      should we stay in character in the entire forums for this whole World Cup Month ???

ok then ............ Rusky it is all the way till july 15 hahaahah

• Administrator
Just now, bozziovai said:

oh sheyt !!!!      should we stay in character in the entire forums for this whole World Cup Month ???

ok then ............ Rusky it is all the way till july 15 hahaahah

correct!

Although it looks like you might continue when the tournament is over xD 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, bozziovai said:

nnnnaaaaaaahhhh, after the  WC, i'll revert back to being antartican hahahhaa

I'm hoping that finding my Nigerian descent will give me some improvement in my personal life...

Image result for if you know what i mean

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, nudge said:

A good win against Costa Rica, Milinkovic-Savic is such an exciting players to watch...  This puts Serbia in a very good position, top of the group for now.

I think you'll have a chance to upset the Brazillians honestly and if that happens it will be very interesting to see how the entire group shapes up in the end. A good attack force is whats necessary for now to get a win in this group.

• Subscriber
Just now, Mel81x said:

I think you'll have a chance to upset the Brazillians honestly and if that happens it will be very interesting to see how the entire group shapes up in the end. A good attack force is whats necessary for now to get a win in this group.

Serbia and Switzerland both making it through would be perfect, really :D

Serbia's got so much potential in attack, but they need to convert their chances better; they had plenty of opportunities against Costa Rica, but still barely won (thanks to Kolarov's brilliant freekick), and that despite being a better team throughout the match. Brazil will be tough, but not impossible. Switzerland's defence will be hard to break down as well.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, nudge said:

Serbia and Switzerland both making it through would be perfect, really :D

Serbia's got so much potential in attack, but they need to convert their chances better; they had plenty of opportunities against Costa Rica, but still barely won (thanks to Kolarov's brilliant freekick), and that despite being a better team throughout the match. Brazil will be tough, but not impossible. Switzerland's defence will be hard to break down as well.

I think if Behrami, Zuber, Rodrigues, Akanji and Lichsteiner can all have a good day at the office we can win some games. Sommer is a bit of an oddity because he does really well when the defense operates efficiently otherwise hes a mistake waiting to happen. I can't wait now to see how our game pans out because its either going to end in a draw or a horrible beating for us lol.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think if Behrami, Zuber, Rodrigues, Akanji and Lichsteiner can all have a good day at the office we can win some games. Sommer is a bit of an oddity because he does really well when the defense operates efficiently otherwise hes a mistake waiting to happen. I can't wait now to see how our game pans out because its either going to end in a draw or a horrible beating for us lol.

I predict either a draw or a win for Switzerland, I think they are very underrated because of their style of play and lack of individual class. However, they are very disciplined, have strong defence, and work well as a unit. The likes of Shaqiri, Zuber, maybe Embolo and Gavranovic too will also probably have more chances to shine against a rather weak Serbian defence, other than against Brazil yesterday. I expect a good match and hopefully a win for the Swiss (sorry my adopted team Serbia, haha, but my loyalties lie elsewhere...)

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Only just seen this, Cote d'Ivore, wow. Totally forgot that they'd not qualified :o. Travesty.

It looks like Serbia are about to go out in very similar circumstances to them four years ago as well. They had a dodgy penalty against them ruin things.

I have been impressed with Serbia. That group has been a pretty good standard.

Archived