The better place to talk football.

Happy Birthday!

football forum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Didn't realise you were from TFF, Babycakes. What was your name?

Swear it was Babycakes on there as well xD

Or maybe Lady In Red? 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Babycakes said:

Both wrong :$

I was LFC_Amy. I think that you joined the same time as me on MFF @Stan

Ahhhh fair enough.

If that's the case, you're close to me and @Lucas. March 2010 was probably the best month TFF ever had. 

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

giphy.gif

Because I lie all the time.. It's just human nature, it almost seems as though every time I open my mouth these days another lie just comes rolling out... 

I lie to myself when I look in the mirror each day, telling myself I am still young and handsome with that rugged mountain look because I have not had a shave for 3 days or a decent haircut in 6 months when in reality I just look like a homeless tramp.... 

I lie to my bosses when they ask me how things are going.. I just say "yea fine" when in fact I want to say this job sucks cock and you don't pay me anywhere near enough to keep wading through this shit each day... 

I lie to my kids when they are asking me for money by telling them I have just had to pay a huge bill and am skint when in fact I have just stuffed another £200 away in our rainy day fund... 

I lie to the missus when she phones me down the pub and I say I am on my way home right now!! and then crack on with another best of 3 on the Pool Table... 

I lie to myself that those trousers I bought 10 years ago still look cool until I sit down somewhere and they are so short and tight you can almost see my bloody kneecaps and your balls are so squashed it looks like I have stuffed 2 ( decent sized ) hamsters down there... 

Now I want you to think about how many lies you tell a day Stan... B|

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Because I lie all the time.. It's just human nature, it almost seems as though every time I open my mouth these days another lie just comes rolling out... 

I lie to myself when I look in the mirror each day, telling myself I am still young and handsome with that rugged mountain look because I have not had a shave for 3 days or a decent haircut in 6 months when in reality I just look like a homeless tramp.... 

I lie to my bosses when they ask me how things are going.. I just say "yea fine" when in fact I want to say this job sucks cock and you don't pay me anywhere near enough to keep wading through this shit each day... 

I lie to my kids when they are asking me for money by telling them I have just had to pay a huge bill and am skint when in fact I have just stuffed another £200 away in our rainy day fund... 

I lie to the missus when she phones me down the pub and I say I am on my way home right now!! and then crack on with another best of 3 on the Pool Table... 

I lie to myself that those trousers I bought 10 years ago still look cool until I sit down somewhere and they are so short and tight you can almost see my bloody kneecaps and your balls are so squashed it looks like I have stuffed 2 ( decent sized ) hamsters down there... 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Amazing 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's funny how men always seem to respond to a compliment with a compliment xD 

Is that a bad thing then... If I was honest I struggle when people compliment me on stuff it's sometimes hard to know how to reply other than say Thanks... In the same way you might tell me how handsome & smart I looked if we were going out for dinner one night and I was all dressed up... I would repay the compliment with how lovely you looked for example... I wouldn't just go "damn right baby, now lets go the cabs waiting".. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Is that a bad thing then... If I was honest I struggle when people compliment me on stuff it's sometimes hard to know how to reply other than say Thanks... In the same way you might tell me how handsome & smart I looked if we were going out for dinner one night and I was all dressed up... I would repay the compliment with how lovely you looked for example... I wouldn't just go "damn right baby, now lets go the cabs waiting".. 

@Cannabis wants to know what this word 'compliment' is as he never gets any. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

It's not bad at all, I just find it so cute hehe, completely different to how most women react to being complimented. It just feels like you guys are not used to it and thus don't even believe it most of the time. For the most part, when I compliment my special one on having a lovely body or being sexy af etc, he responds with something similar to "oh, do you really think so??? thanks... " and then quickly proceeds to return the favour xD I just find it fascinating.

33 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's not bad at all, I just find it so cute hehe, completely different to how most women react to being complimented. It just feels like you guys are not used to it and thus don't even believe it most of the time. For the most part, when I compliment my special one on having a lovely body or being sexy af etc, he responds with something similar to "oh, do you really think so??? thanks... " and then quickly proceeds to return the favour xD I just find it fascinating.

I think that is probably closer to home than the belief of what is actually being said... The fact that I personally don't expect to hear it that often means it kind of catches me out a bit when I am given one... So it might seem like an auto response but in reality you beat us to the compliment first and it's like we just can't leave it at that without paying it back in kind... So how would you reply to your partner if he was handing you compliments.. Do you just say things like "yea, cheers" then leave him dead in the water or what?? xD

I will just add that if I pay my other half a compliment I don't expect one back.. These things come when the moment or the mood calls for it from either side... 

35 minutes ago, nudge said:

I usually compliment a lady first in hope I get one in return... no luck yet but it's only been 29 years. 

10 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I usually compliment a lady first in hope I get one in return... no luck yet but it's only been 29 years. 

If I think a female deserves a compliment I give it but sometimes its weird.. I don't know if its a sign of the times but one of the girls in the office had just recently had her hair done and in passing a gave her a compliment on how nice she looked and she kind of looked at me with that strange look that either said " Wow he noticed I had my hair done" but just as easily could have been " Is this bloke stalking me or something" She gave me a smile so hope it was the former rather than the latter but sometimes it leaves you thinking that maybe you would have been better off saying nothing at all... 

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If I think a female deserves a compliment I give it but sometimes its weird.. I don't know if its a sign of the times but one of the girls in the office had just recently had her hair done and in passing a gave her a compliment on how nice she looked and she kind of looked at me with that strange look that either said " Wow he noticed I had my hair done" but just as easily could have been " Is this bloke stalking me or something" She gave me a smile so hope it was the former rather than the latter but sometimes it leaves you thinking that maybe you would have been better off saying nothing at all... 

Did you have your hand down your pants per chance?

5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Did you have your hand down your pants per chance?

Image result for laughing gif

We should have a funniest post of the month competition as you would be in with a good shout.. The images that conjures up don't bear thinking about... xD

7 hours ago, nudge said:

For the most part, when I compliment my special one on having a lovely body or being sexy af etc, he responds with something similar to "oh, do you really think so??? thanks... " and then quickly proceeds to return the favour xD 

I thought you'd like that. I was just trying not to be mean... 

• The topic was unpinned
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived