talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think Fifa realised they could make more money having two separate games instead of one very, very awesome game. 

But the tournament edition has shitter graphics 

97 Days to go.... :banana:

Did you know? Only two teams have played in the World Cup more than 97 times. They are Brazil and Germany.

In fact, both Brazil and Germany have made World Cup appearances than the entire Asian continent. Which stands at 99 matches.

• Subscriber

Gutted I'm on my course in Leeds during the bulk of the group stages. Couldn't have timed it any worse. I normally try and watch every game but it's not happening this time.

On 08/03/2018 at 20:38, The Palace Fan said:

98 days today. Now, what does the World Cup and the number 98 have in common?

THE GREATEST FOOTBALL GAME ON EARTH!!

fifa_98_coverjpg.thumb.jpg.cafbb56bf17249c30dce62740abfb84c.jpg

Ironic that Beckham is on the front then he got sent of and everyone hated him

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Gutted I'm on my course in Leeds during the bulk of the group stages. Couldn't have timed it any worse. I normally try and watch every game but it's not happening this time.

My missus is booking summer holidays. She thought I was joking when I said we need to be back here for the semis in case England make it that far.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

My missus is booking summer holidays. She thought I was joking when I said we need to be back here for the semis in case England make it that far.

My mum and dad were looking to travel round France for holiday around June/July. My mum isn't the biggest football fan at all so we persuaded her (for my dad's benefit) to book the holiday in the first 10 days of June. 

Because the weather is better obviously.... 

12 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

97 Days to go.... :banana:

Did you know? Only two teams have played in the World Cup more than 97 times. They are Brazil and Germany.

In fact, both Brazil and Germany have made World Cup appearances than the entire Asian continent. Which stands at 99 matches.

keep up the Trivia.   One for each day  :P 

2 hours ago, bozziovai said:

keep up the Trivia.   One for each day  :P 

. . . . Back with popular demand.

96 Days to go!! :banana:

Did you know? There is only one player to score more than 96 Goals for his country. Ronaldo? Messi? Maradonna? Pele? 

No, it was Ali Daei. A former Bayern Munich international that played for Iran. 

Ali Daei's World Cup moment came in 1998 when Iran played USA in what has been described as the most 'politically charged game in football history'. With the whole world watching, Iran shocked everybody by coming out 2-1 winners. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

95 days to go!! :banana:

Only one nation have had more than 95 World Cup winners. You can probably guess who they are. 

Peru?

Trivia: did you know that in 3 World Cup's, Peru's Teofilo Cubillas scored 10 goals making him joint 8th top time all scorer? Only 6 goals less than Klose who is the all time top scorer.

Archived