talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Vladimir Putin on Hooliganism

Vladimir Putin will entrust Russia's secret police with the running of security at next summer's World Cup.

According to reports, the Kremlin have ordered the FSB - formerly known as the KGB - to clamp down on hooliganism and ticket touting, to ensure the tournament runs smoothly.

Russian hooligans fought with England supporters during Euro 2016 ahead of the two country's opening match, with the off-field action being branded 'the Battle of Marseille'.

But president Putin is determined to use the tournament to project a positive image of his country on the world

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Danny said:

"Russian hooligans started fights on English fans"...more like

Don't ever let truths get in the way of bashing the English.

There's a lot of Russia bashing going around and I'm using this thread to say this although it's slightly off topic (maybe quite a bit off topic xD), but I'll use it anyhow because the media love to bash Putin and Russia.

This week we have the official state visit by invitation of the Saudi Arabian Prince who is next in line to rule that disgusting regime.  We are dignifying those scum bags that bypass women's rights, condone stoning of women for looking at another man, kill gay people, kill and hound believers of other faiths, condemn protesters of their system to crucifixion (YES CRUCIFIXION) blatantly committing genocide in Yemen and hundreds of other medieval actions where I'd be all day writing here and would have to forget to go off to work.

This country is trying to somehow dignify Saudi Arabia and yet our establishment use the media to produce a propaganda machine to make Russia seem like the global Satan while looking to validate that disgusting regime in the Gulf area.  I don't see any mass demonstration being organised on Social Media to protest against the Arab State visit like when Donald Trump was going to get if he arrived and anything Israel gets.

It disgusts me!

• Administrator
4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

There's a lot of Russia bashing going around and I'm using this thread to say this although it's slightly off topic (maybe quite a bit off topic xD), but I'll use it anyhow because the media love to bash Putin and Russia.

This week we have the official state visit by invitation of the Saudi Arabian Prince who is next in line to rule that disgusting regime.  We are dignifying those scum bags that bypass women's rights, condone stoning of women for looking at another man, kill gay people, kill and hound believers of other faiths, condemn protesters of their system to crucifixion (YES CRUCIFIXION) blatantly committing genocide in Yemen and hundreds of other medieval actions where I'd be all day writing here and would have to forget to go off to work.

This country is trying to somehow dignify Saudi Arabia and yet our establishment use the media to produce a propaganda machine to make Russia seem like the global Satan while looking to validate that disgusting regime in the Gulf area.  I don't see any mass demonstration being organised on Social Media to protest against the Arab State visit like when Donald Trump was going to get if he arrived and anything Israeli gets.

It disgusts me!

Yeah that has nothing to do with this thread xD

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah that has nothing to do with this thread xD

It’s just that all this bad press which is all an organised propaganda machine against Russia really winds me up and things like what I wrote about just goes missing somehow. 

6 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

There were only around 40 Volunteer Russian hooligans in France in the Euros,  who were ex fighters before like Cage fighters and boxers who called themselves the Orel butchers.      

A lot more than 40. I saw more than that in Lille, there must have been hundreds in Marseille. 

26 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

A lot more than 40. I saw more than that in Lille, there must have been hundreds in Marseille. 

Yea more probably joined in, the main ones who actually were goverment funded were around 40 or less.   

15 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm not justifying the actions of those hooligans but I've seen enough from fans of many football clubs in this country that makes me believe that they all didnt go over to France for a quiet, peaceful drink.

There was no trouble in Calais where loads of England fans stayed surrounded by French and Welsh, there was no trouble in Lille after the Russians left. There was no trouble from England fans until they were attacked at a bar in Marseille (which was supported by the French owner stating they didn't cause trouble), there were no England fans running around the streets of Marseille/Lille with gopros attached to them filming a group of 20-30 assaulting anyone who seemed Russian.

There are suspect characters following England, I spent the day drinking outside the bars the England fans congregated outside/were attacked outside/news crews were filming and there were a few there who will probably have less teeth than @DeadLinesman has hair by the time they hit 40...but no one was causing trouble.

I spent the night before England/Wales on the streets of Calais partying with the French and Welsh, three troublemakers from Birmingham who were in their 40s/50s started on some young French lads. They came to us (a bar full of English) expecting help, got told where to go and then were arrested. The young French lads came over expecting a fight, told them we were hooligans and everyone got pissed together.

33 minutes ago, Danny said:

There was no trouble in Calais where loads of England fans stayed surrounded by French and Welsh, there was no trouble in Lille after the Russians left. There was no trouble from England fans until they were attacked at a bar in Marseille (which was supported by the French owner stating they didn't cause trouble), there were no England fans running around the streets of Marseille/Lille with gopros attached to them filming a group of 20-30 assaulting anyone who seemed Russian.

There are suspect characters following England, I spent the day drinking outside the bars the England fans congregated outside/were attacked outside/news crews were filming and there were a few there who will probably have less teeth than @DeadLinesman has hair by the time they hit 40...but no one was causing trouble.

I spent the night before England/Wales on the streets of Calais partying with the French and Welsh, three troublemakers from Birmingham who were in their 40s/50s started on some young French lads. They came to us (a bar full of English) expecting help, got told where to go and then were arrested. The young French lads came over expecting a fight, told them we were hooligans and everyone got pissed together.

I respect that you were there and witnessed a lot of went on first hand, I have no doubt that the majoriry of English fans that support England abroad are law abiding and respectful. It would be foolish to think otherwise. However, at the same time this season alone I have seen enough from sets of fans of almost every other club to indicate that the anti social side of things that irritates the rest of Europe in this country still goes on. 

It's easy to forget that English fans did clash with Police in France before being attacked by Russians. Something like 65 arrests were made over the course of the tournament, and more would have been identified through CCTV and issued banning orders.

I know the anti social behaviour and petty drunk vandalism often associated with England isn't the same as running around in a wolfpack mentality with gumshields, but I do worry for anybody going to Russia in a big group of gents with the intention of wearing flags and drinking too much. They'll see that as a sign of disrespect, and we've been given enough warning about that. I just hope Putin really has put the fear of extinction in to them.

22 hours ago, SirBalon said:

This country is trying to somehow dignify Saudi Arabia and yet our establishment use the media to produce a propaganda machine to make Russia seem like the global Satan while looking to validate that disgusting regime in the Gulf area.  I don't see any mass demonstration being organised on Social Media to protest against the Arab State visit like when Donald Trump was going to get if he arrived and anything Israel gets.

It disgusts me!

don't worry, saudi will go down within 2 years or so.    they are spending millions everyday in the war against yemen, the oil prices has been low for quite some time now.   and the best of it all, they're trying to reform their government by killing their own people.    HOW ???  Well,  the government has demanded a levy for each expat employee, from 200 last year, 400 this year, 600 the next and 800 the next.    Their reason being that they want their fellow saudis to be able to get a job.   BUT !!!  The saudi businessmen DON'T want to take in their fellow saudi becoz they are damn lazy, no work ethics, nothing at all.  They said it's better to close or transfer their business elsewhere rather than their own country.  Now, everywhere you go you can see shops being closed.    The only thing these goats are good at is making themselves look noble in the outside world, but here within their country, turmoil, absolute chaos.

back on hooliganism .... it's nice if putin will put on a full battle gear and join in the fight against hooligans.

World Cup organisers in Russia have guaranteed the security of everyone attending this summer’s tournament, five days after the alleged poisoning of a former Russian spy in Salisbury.

Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said ministers, officials and dignitaries may not attend the event if there is evidence of state involvement in the incident.

England are in Group G with Belgium, Panama and Tunisia and organisers insist teams, players and fans will be safe on Russian soil.

The FA does not intend to review England's security plans following this week's incident, with FIFA in charge of overall safety for teams during the tournament.

"As the host country of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, Russia and all its authorities consider safety and security as a top priority," a spokesperson for Russia 2018's local organising committee told Sky Sports News.

"Russia will guarantee that everyone's security will be ensured - be it for delegations, officials, participants, media and other persons attending the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

"As demonstrated during the FIFA Confederations Cup last year, Russia's already high security standards have been and are continuously adapted to meet the specific needs of such major sporting events.

"Russia's public safety and security forces, together with the support of private security in the stadiums, will guarantee that the football celebration runs smoothly in the 11 host cities and Russia as a whole, while also embodying the welcoming spirit of our people."

FIFA says it has "complete trust" in the security arrangements for the World Cup and will remain in talks with organisers over "ongoing risk assessment".

Johnson has been criticised over his response to the apparent poisoning of Sergei Skripal on Sunday, after he appeared to suggest England could pull out of this summer's World Cup.

The Foreign Secretary told MPs on Tuesday it is "very difficult to imagine how UK representation at that event could go ahead in the normal way", if there is shown to be state responsibility around Skripal and his daughter who were found unconscious in a shopping centre in Salisbury, Wiltshire, on Monday.

However, it was later clarified Mr Johnson was referring to the possibility that officials, dignitaries and ministers may not attend the World Cup, not that England would boycott the tournament.

One security and intelligence expert has warned that England must not travel to the World Cup, for their own safety, if Vladimir Putin is linked to the alleged poisoning.

There is no evidence at this stage of any involvement involving Russia and Putin.

"If Putin was involved and this were to go ahead, the team would be putting themselves in harm's way," Professor Anthony Glees, head of the University of Buckingham's Centre for Security and Intelligence Studies told The Daily Telegraph.

"However, I don't think it would come to that. Because if Putin is involved we would have to call off this thing and that would be the least of the measures that we would have to take."

Russia 2018 have not commented on the incident involving Skripal and his daughter, and remain in talks with FIFA over an "ongoing risk assessment" of the tournament.

Organisers added: "As we are approaching the final competition of the 2018 FIFA World Cup itself, the LOC and FIFA are also in constant contact with all stakeholders regarding the ongoing risk assessment, which enables the implementation of overall preventive measures in cooperation with national and international enforcement authorities."

On 07/03/2018 at 07:51, The Palace Fan said:

I'm not justifying the actions of those hooligans but I've seen enough from fans of many football clubs in this country that makes me believe that they all didnt go over to France for a quiet, peaceful drink.

I think we should put them all in a collesium and let them fight like the romans did. Maybe chuck a couple of lions in there as well

Archived