talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unai Emery Chat

football forum

football forum

He survived being on the wrong end of the greatest comeback of all time last season but will he do the same again this time around? It's no secret that PSG put all of their eggs into one basket with the Champions League and regardless of Ligue 1 being wrapped up will it be enough to keep him in a job?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely the end of Unai Emery for me.  The question is who will take over him because it ain't gonna be Zinedine Zidane after what he said in the pre-match press conference when he was asked by a journalist from L'Équipe who said;

"What are the chances of you coming to Paris Saint-Germain? because I'm sure money's no object to provide you with what you want."

Zidane answered;

"I won't be sold, money is never the object and I would never go there because I'm a Marasalleise!"

Who knows who it could be because all season Luis Enrique has been connected with both Chelsea and PSG but I would see it as very strange for a character like Luis Enrique with his temperament to go and train those in that dressing room.  The only type of character that's submissive enough in that area is Arsène Wenger.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Definitely the end of Unai Emery for me.  The question is who will take over him because it ain't gonna be Zinedine Zidane after what he said in the pre-match press conference when he was asked by a journalist from L'Équipe who said;

"What are the chances of you coming to Paris Saint-Germain? because I'm sure money's no object to provide you with what you want."

Zidane answered;

"I won't be sold, money is never the object and I would never go there because I'm a Marasalleise!"

Who knows who it could be because all season Luis Enrique has been connected with both Chelsea and PSG but I would see it as very strange for a character like Luis Enrique with his temperament to go and train those in that dressing room.  The only type of character that's submissive enough in that area is Arsène Wenger.

Now now, put the claws away Balon

Lost the title to a Monaco side assembled on a millionth of the budget, masterminded the biggest bottling ever seen in CL history, and now got smashed by Madrid in their worst form in years. 

He's good for basically nothing except weirdly consistent Europa League runs. 

5 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Lost the title to a Monaco side assembled on a millionth of the budget, masterminded the biggest bottling ever seen in CL history, and now got smashed by Madrid in their worst form in years. 

He's good for basically nothing except weirdly consistent Europa League runs. 

We can't throw away Unai Emery's coaching career to date because of what's occurring in that freak football club mate.  He is a very good coach and a master of psychology with players. Anyone would fail with that dressing room that has the free reign issued by its owner to do what they want.  Emery is a puppet at PSG!

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We can't throw away Unai Emery's coaching career to date because of what's occurring in that freak football club mate.  He is a very good coach and a master of psychology with players. Anyone would fail with that dressing room that has the free reign issued by its owner to do what they want.  Emery is a puppet at PSG!

PSG is like Madrid in which the manager is but a decoration but the real manager is Perez.

the mentality of them PSG players and it's owners is like they're playing a PS4 football video game where you gather the players with the highest stats and can get favourable results, too bad this is real life.

20 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

PSG is like Madrid in which the manager is but a decoration but the real manager is Perez.

the mentality of them PSG players and it's owners is like they're playing a PS4 football video game where you gather the players with the highest stats and can get favourable results, too bad this is real life.

Unai Emery's attributes as a coach at Paris Saint-Germain aren't of any use because there's a free reign of extremely of anarchy and bad habits in that dressing room as I mentioned before.  All of the public escapades that have occurred this season more than likely tells us a very small portion of what's actually going on there and there is no coach at any level who would be able to work under those conditions and be successful in a competition such as the Champions League.  This is serious, this part of the tournament is no longer the PlaySchool part of the league round earlier on.  From here on its for serious football clubs and for professionals.

Emery is good for a club with a project, a planned system and players that are willing to do exactly what the coach tells them to do.  Professional football is an area for exactly that, professionals and not children playing street football where chaos reigns, the owner of the ball can't just pick it up and say you can't play anymore or I'm going home and you won't have a ball to play with or where the best player in the team does what he wants and everyone else has to shut up.  What's the point in someone like Emery being there?

He has been undermined by the owners countless times.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I can sympathise with the idea that PSG is not a typical situation but it's also not a secret. You take the job knowing the perks and knowing the challenges. 

He's been an impeccable manager at the level just below the very elite, and the PSG job was meant to be his shot at a club on the top level. I don't think anyone expected him to fulfil the owners' crazy ambitions and win the CL, but I think his idea was do a decent job and keep things ticking over for a few seasons. Then at least when he left, he would have experience at the top and could move to another big club. 

As it turns out, they've declined quite noticeably since he got there. Despite how much they've invested in the last couple of years, they're not better than they were with Blanc. And the way Blanc was treated by the board and the players was equally bad. 

Wenger should just finally take the job. Gets good money, a few easy trophies and gets into a bigger stage in the Champions League a lot easier. It's overall a much better situation right now than at Arsenal so he still gets to give the middle finger to those that psychotically hate him by landing himself a job like this while still stepping away. Win, win for decent Arsenal fans and decent people like me that don't hate him but think something new needs to be given a go.

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Unai Emery's attributes as a coach at Paris Saint-Germain aren't of any use because there's a free reign of extremely of anarchy and bad habits in that dressing room as I mentioned before.  All of the public escapades that have occurred this season more than likely tells us a very small portion of what's actually going on there and there is no coach at any level who would be able to work under those conditions and be successful in a competition such as the Champions League.  This is serious, this part of the tournament is no longer the PlaySchool part of the league round earlier on.  From here on its for serious football clubs and for professionals.

Emery is good for a club with a project, a planned system and players that are willing to do exactly what the coach tells them to do.  Professional football is an area for exactly that, professionals and not children playing street football where chaos reigns, the owner of the ball can't just pick it up and say you can't play anymore or I'm going home and you won't have a ball to play with or where the best player in the team does what he wants and everyone else has to shut up.  What's the point in someone like Emery being there?

He has been undermined by the owners countless times.

in times like this, it's hard to put the blame on Emery, his CV is proof enough that he can win in europe with a mediocre team.  He also have high hopes with this PSG team.   honestly, they have such good individual talented players but the biggest problem is their egos are as big as saturn.  The goat owner has given them the aura of primadonnas that they act like some spoiled celebrity thinking they are the best team in the world.

41 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This talk of Wenger - is he still on PSGs radar?

Who knows... It’s just supposition mate due to it all ticking the necessary boxes.

The only name connected by the media has been Luis Enrique.

On 07/03/2018 at 14:16, 6666 said:

Wenger should just finally take the job. Gets good money, a few easy trophies and gets into a bigger stage in the Champions League a lot easier. It's overall a much better situation right now than at Arsenal so he still gets to give the middle finger to those that psychotically hate him by landing himself a job like this while still stepping away. Win, win for decent Arsenal fans and decent people like me that don't hate him but think something new needs to be given a go.

Yeah I'm sure the owners who want European glory are going to go after a man who has none...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2018 at 16:16, SirBalon said:

Zidane answered;

Wew! Even Zidane buys into the fake PSG v. Marseille rivalry fabricated by the French media in the 90s! Well, it is real now, but it wasn't then.

On 08/03/2018 at 05:06, SirBalon said:

Who knows... It’s just supposition mate due to it all ticking the necessary boxes.

The only name connected by the media has been Luis Enrique.

If the club wish to continue the trend of humbling defeats in the early CL knockout rounds Wenger would be an ideal candidate. 

• Subscriber

I wonder how someone like Emery would do in the Netherlands? I'd love to see a team like Ajax do really really well and get to the semis or even the finals and I think that's the kind of place he might actually thrive in as well.

13 hours ago, Spike said:

Wew! Even Zidane buys into the fake PSG v. Marseille rivalry fabricated by the French media in the 90s! Well, it is real now, but it wasn't then.

The way the French press (L''Équipe) released the info and the way it was taken subsequently in the Madrid based press is that in general people from elsewhere in France (not from Paris) don't like the Parisians much and the adding factor that in France in general (especially France's genuine most successful club Marseille) Paris Saint-Germain aren't liked at all.  You can search various comments by our own @Batard on this particular detail mate.  I think this is what Zizou was sublimely trying to offer as a sentiment.

• 2 weeks later...

Unai Emery has the full "support" of Paris-Saint Germain, says club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi, amid speculation he could be sacked.

After PSG failed to progress beyond the last-16 of the Champions League, reports have suggested the Sevilla boss could be shown the exit door this summer.

Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte had been linked with taking over from the Spaniard, however the PSG president moved to quash any rumours Emery was going to be replaced.

• Subscriber

Going out to Real Madrid this season was understandable. What we're seeing is a delayed reaction to the biggest bottle job in the history of European football last season against Barcelona coupled with the failure to make up for it with a campaign above expectations.

Archived