talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marcus McGuane Set for Barcelona Debut?

Former Arsenal midfielder Marcus McGuane could become the first English player to feature for Barcelona's first team since Gary Lineker on Wednesday.

The 19-year-old has been included in Ernesto Valverde's 18-man squad for the Catalan Super Cup final against Espanyol.

McGuane, who has appeared four times for Barcelona B, left Arsenal for Catalonia in January, signing a contract that could be extended to five years.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

He's just come on now in the 75th minute. The game is live on the youtube video above

It was a nostalgic moment for me after the last time I saw a British player in Lineker wear the blaugrana. This is wonderful news for British football as far as I'm concerned with him ending on the winning side. Shame about Denis Suárez' injury though which seems he'll be out for some time.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It was a nostalgic moment for me after the last time I saw a British player in Lineker wear the blaugrana. This is wonderful news for British football as far as I'm concerned with him ending on the winning side. Shame about Denis Suárez' injury though which seems he'll be out for some time.

It would be good to see an English player make it at Barcelona, especially after spending time in the B team set-up.

Denis will unfortunately leave at the end of the summer as it just hasn't worked out for him, which is a shame, as a confident on form Denis Suarez who is getting sufficient minutes, could have been a decent substitute for Iniesta during his injury for the next 3-4 weeks.

A 19 year old from Greenwich making his Barcelona debut. I never thought I'd live to see the day xD

Great for England too. Hopefully more kids will see the footballing education him, Sancho, Egbo and Willock are getting and take a similar leap overseas. 

Archived