• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Glenn Murray for England

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Danny said:

No no no.

Kane and Vardy are capable centre forwards, we don't need a third.

It’s one of those lose-lose situations. 

Take one and everyone moans we’ve taken someone who’s rubbish, don’t take one and everyone moans we should have taken a third striker as a precaution. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

It’s one of those lose-lose situations. 

Take one and everyone moans we’ve taken someone who’s rubbish, don’t take one and everyone moans we should have taken a third striker as a precaution. 

Take someone like Rashford/Welbeck/whoever, play out wide and up top.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Danny said:

He does have a record of scoring for us...but I not think the options are too great anyway.

So does David Nugent. 

28 minutes ago, Danny said:

He does have a record of scoring for us...but I not think the options are too great anyway.

His last six England goals have come against Malta, Lithuania, Slovenia, San Marino, Switzerland and Moldova, with that Malta goal coming in September 2017. 

Rashford has four Premier League goals this season and people are championing his selection in the squad for the World Cup. I’m not saying he shouldn’t go but that really shows how small the player pool is in the Premier League that England’s third choice striker has amassed just four league goals this season. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Rashford has four Premier League goals this season and people are championing his selection in the squad for the World Cup. I’m not saying he shouldn’t go but that really shows how small the player pool is in the Premier League that England’s third choice striker has amassed just four league goals this season. 

Correct - Rashford should definitely go because talent wise he’s got a lot, but in reality he shouldn’t even be considered due to his lack of games up front and lack of production. 

It’s a shame we don’t have English strikers scoring consistently at the top level like we used to. 

Someone like Charlie Austin if he wasn’t always injured would have been next in line 

Archived