talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Should Mourinho Have Been Shown More Respect By Chelsea Fans?

Jose Mourinho is Chelsea's No 1 and should have been shown more respect by fans, Ray Wilkins said on Premier League Daily.

The Stamford Bridge crowd jeered Mourinho during Manchester United's 1-0 defeat at the hands of his former club in the FA Cup quarter-final on Monday, with fans unhappy as the 54-year-old had to be separated from Antonio Conte on the touchline.

Mourinho lifted three fingers towards the home supporters to signify the number of Premier League trophies he won with the club, and former assistant manager Wilkins says the former Porto and Real Madrid boss should have been afforded more respect.

"I just wish our Chelsea supporters, and I'm a Chelsea supporter, showed a little bit more class to Jose Mourinho," said Wilkins.

"People will naturally be thinking: 'Hang on a second he was demonstrating stuff on the touchline against Chelsea'. Well yes he was but now he's employed by Manchester United. Chelsea relieved him of his post.

"If we actually remember what he's done for our club, and I say our club because I've been a Chelsea man since I was 10 and a half, he's worked miracles there.

"He's a good bloke but he's a football man, he wants his club to win. I just thought the other night against Manchester United they didn't show him the respect he merits."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10802743/jose-mourinho-owed-more-respect-from-chelsea-fans-says-ray-wilkins

After all these years it was about time Chelsea fans had to put up with the shite Mourinho does like we all had to against them :ph34r:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well he's not their number one anymore. Conte is. To live under the apparent shadow of your predecessor when you've launched a spectacular run of your own would be horrible for any football manager. Chelsea fans should be more focused on their own rather than Jose.

EDIT: He also joined Manchester United after saying his heart would forever lie in England and that no other job in the country appealed to him. With United being a huge competitior of Chelsea in most seasons this should feel like a kick in the teeth more than a joyous parade.

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Interesting how a small group, if its even a "group" chanted Judas it has been made out that the entire stadium were shouting Judas and holding banners Judas Jose.

Quickly how they forget that even when Inter knocked us out, we still gave him an ovation. 

Judas Jose. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Quickly how they forget that even when Inter knocked us out, we still gave him an ovation. 

Judas Jose. 

I am all against respecting him, but ovations when he is with the opposition is plain stupid. Alright maybe the first return was appropriate, but to have a wank fest each time he returns is silly.

• Administrator

I was at the three Champions League matches at Stamford bridge when Chelsea were under the Jose slump. The fans at each match chanted "stand up if you love Jose" and as far as the eye could see, everyone stood up.

The support and love that man was shown by the fans was quite something despite how poorly they were playing. I don't buy he wasn't respected enough. It's just bollocks

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

I am all against respecting him, but ovations when he is with the opposition is plain stupid. Alright maybe the first return was appropriate, but to have a wank fest each time he returns is silly.

This!

You should always show respect but that doesn't mean you have to eternally lick someone's testicles. Those Chelsea fans that chanted that aren't fans at all though. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

This!

You should always show respect but that doesn't mean you have to eternally lick someone's testicles. Those Chelsea fans that chanted that aren't fans at all though. 

In my defense i wanted to write "I am all against disrespecting him, but ovations when he is with the opposition is plain stupid. Alright maybe the first return was appropriate, but to have a wank fest each time he returns is silly.

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Terminator-X disagrees

3 hours ago, True Blue said:

He is the biggest bellend i have ever came across a football forum. Obviously a Chelsea "fan", the biggest bellend overall is deadlinesman

I banned that 'Legend' on Talk Chelsea. 

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Does that soft cunt post anywhere anymore?

I think he obsessively posts on Twitter. Not that I know his handle. 

He was the mod of the BIGGEST RAP FORUM ON THE INTERNET, you know?

Archived