talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Max Meyer Free Agent in June

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changing coaches every year, changing systems every season - young players do not know where they are and the senior men at the club have very poor man management skills.

Over the past few seasons we have lost players who were considered not good enough and look at them now!  Even as far back as losing Rafinha he is holding his own at Bayern, Mesut at Bremen/Real Madrid/Arsenal, Manuel at Bayern and Germany, Julien at PSG, Sead at Arsenal, Joel at Liverpool - even letting Ilkay go to Dortmund and Now Manchester City - and last night's performance at City just shows how good Leroy really is.  Ivan was sold cheaply to Seville and now Barca and not wanting him to leave which is frustrating Klopp's efforts.  Atsuto has gone back to Japan and Leon is off to Bayern, Max is being discussed more seriously in Madrid (both teams) than at Arsenal or even in Gelsenkirchen. Leicester have a great full back who we cast off two seasons ago.  Meantime we try and hold on to poor players like Choupo-Moting, Szalai and Prince Boateng - all of whom had issues with younger players and foul-mouthing them on and off the pitch when they made errors rather than encouraging them - no assistance from the higher-ups when that was happening!  Most of them are local kids from the area and have been at the school which stands right next to the stadium and leaving is never easy.  Manuel was in tears at his final press conference, Mesut had difficulty in holding it when his dad fell out with Slomka and Ivan did not want to go to Spain but the idiots backed Magrat rather than the best mid-fielder we had.  Captain Heiko was still an International when they shipped him out and - surprise - it's happened again with Benny Howedes.  I have been one of the Knappen since 1949 - my first visit to the Ruhr and like all others who support 04 we put up with it hoping that others will fail and let us in. Our present 2nd position is only part due to some lucky results - mainly due to others not maintaining any decent form but the Coaches regular errors in selection will be ignored due to the No 2 position. We have bought 2 great young guys recently - Embolo and Harit - they are being ignored and Di Santo who is now well past it is first choice - just crazy thinking.  the performance last week won three points and had the opposition been a Champions League team we would have been aXXX holed.  Problem is, only the supporters seem to have got that!  I have just paid another lump for Air and Seat tickets for Frankfurt semi-Final and hopefully I will see my fourth cup win this season - but the final - not a chance!  The Munchkins are again proving to be in a different league with a real leader on the side.  I still manage to keep in touch with Ivan and his three girls in Spain so maybe Max going to the same country will not be too much of a problem.  Kids I taught in the school there still keep in touch - such is their loyalty to friends and the local area.  It's sad really that their honesty and respect  seems sometimes not to be reflected at the Veltins.  I know this rant will only be noted here, but if it goes further perhaps it just might prick the hard skin of one or two who need to think again!  Meantime I will keep young Max's pic on my thread and live in hopes!

3 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Changing coaches every year, changing systems every season - young players do not know where they are and the senior men at the club have very poor man management skills.

Over the past few seasons we have lost players who were considered not good enough and look at them now!  Even as far back as losing Rafinha he is holding his own at Bayern, Mesut at Bremen/Real Madrid/Arsenal, Manuel at Bayern and Germany, Julien at PSG, Sead at Arsenal, Joel at Liverpool - even letting Ilkay go to Dortmund and Now Manchester City - and last night's performance at City just shows how good Leroy really is.  Ivan was sold cheaply to Seville and now Barca and not wanting him to leave which is frustrating Klopp's efforts.  Atsuto has gone back to Japan and Leon is off to Bayern, Max is being discussed more seriously in Madrid (both teams) than at Arsenal or even in Gelsenkirchen. Leicester have a great full back who we cast off two seasons ago.  Meantime we try and hold on to poor players like Choupo-Moting, Szalai and Prince Boateng - all of whom had issues with younger players and foul-mouthing them on and off the pitch when they made errors rather than encouraging them - no assistance from the higher-ups when that was happening!  Most of them are local kids from the area and have been at the school which stands right next to the stadium and leaving is never easy.  Manuel was in tears at his final press conference, Mesut had difficulty in holding it when his dad fell out with Slomka and Ivan did not want to go to Spain but the idiots backed Magrat rather than the best mid-fielder we had.  Captain Heiko was still an International when they shipped him out and - surprise - it's happened again with Benny Howedes.  I have been one of the Knappen since 1949 - my first visit to the Ruhr and like all others who support 04 we put up with it hoping that others will fail and let us in. Our present 2nd position is only part due to some lucky results - mainly due to others not maintaining any decent form but the Coaches regular errors in selection will be ignored due to the No 2 position. We have bought 2 great young guys recently - Embolo and Harit - they are being ignored and Di Santo who is now well past it is first choice - just crazy thinking.  the performance last week won three points and had the opposition been a Champions League team we would have been aXXX holed.  Problem is, only the supporters seem to have got that!  I have just paid another lump for Air and Seat tickets for Frankfurt semi-Final and hopefully I will see my fourth cup win this season - but the final - not a chance!  The Munchkins are again proving to be in a different league with a real leader on the side.  I still manage to keep in touch with Ivan and his three girls in Spain so maybe Max going to the same country will not be too much of a problem.  Kids I taught in the school there still keep in touch - such is their loyalty to friends and the local area.  It's sad really that their honesty and respect  seems sometimes not to be reflected at the Veltins.  I know this rant will only be noted here, but if it goes further perhaps it just might prick the hard skin of one or two who need to think again!  Meantime I will keep young Max's pic on my thread and live in hopes!

With all due respect, suggesting the likes of Neuer, Draxler or Özil et al left the club because they were deemed not good enough by the hierachy, as you did in the bolded part, is rewriting the history. They left for better wages at other, in many cases, better teams (Draxler being the exception) rather than for being unwanted. The only player, who left although he wanted to stay is Benedict Höwedes. Nothing against a good rant but the bolded part is just a very original perception of the reality.

Sorry!  Having lived with and amongst most of those mentioned and still in close contact I think you might need to re-assess what I said.  Talk to Mustafa, Mesut's papa and he would certainly correct your thoughts in that direction.  Peter (Manu) left due to pressure for much needed money at a time when things were not good - not for him, but in the Gelsenkirchen account. History sometimes can be misleading when looked at from afar rather than from within the court of the 'kings'.

• Subscriber

Özil rejected a new contract offer from Schalke as he claimed to be unhappy that Andreas Müller didn't keep his promises on new contract terms, that led to a falling out with him, Slomka and the whole Schalke's hierarchy. In case of Neuer, Schalke let him go in order to avoid missing out on the transfer fee, as his contract was running out in summer 2012 and Neuer made it clear early enough that he wouldn't be signing a new one under any circumstances. 

As for Özil's father - you mean the same person who forced him out of Madrid and then sued his own son after Mesut removed him as his agent?...

Yes that's Mustafa - difficult man to deal with but his actions were caused by a very severe attack of pride in his son's achievements - both before and after 04.  dad's do strange things at times. If you ever get chance, just ask PM what the size of his contact was - it might have allowed you to fly home in steerage and certainly not first class! The Madrid Board Room story has been adapted many times since it happened and Arsene insisted on removing Mustafa's influence before the final signing!

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Let's just say that the Tax Issues on settlements are difficult for the layman to understand!

let's just say that going to such lengths in order to pay less taxes (and making yourself and your family look like complete tools in the process) just serves as a further proof of money being the key thing behind one's career choices, and none of this being-deemed-not-good-enough-and-forced-out-by-the-club-hierarchy nonsense.

Archived