La Liga - Week 28 Fixtures - 9th-12th March, 2018

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

@SirBalon @The Rebel CRS

club just tweeted that Messi is out for personal reasons and Yerry Mina has been called up in his place.

Any idea what's happened :/ ?

He's just had another kid, well his missus has, atleast this is the reasoning they are giving on Marca, which does make sense.

He's going to have more kids than Miss Wayans soon @Cicero

The fact Yerry weren't in the squad already is a worry though. Yet another top young player who is just not going to get anywhere near the team, even though he doesn't do anything wrong when called upon. He should have been in the squad already.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Ronaldo's finished isn't he?

I do enjoy the Messi wankfest on here every time he scores another pair of simple goals in a 6-1 against Getafe but then when Ronaldo scores both goals in a 2-1 win everyone's like yeah he's shit though because he didn't score in the first 8 games of the season and we always said Messi was ten times better as if this 3 month dip in form is somehow what proves that out of their whole careers.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I do enjoy the Messi wankfest on here every time he scores another pair of simple goals in a 6-1 against Getafe but then when Ronaldo scores both goals in a 2-1 win everyone's like yeah he's shit though because he didn't score in the first 8 games of the season and we always said Messi was ten times better as if this 3 month dip in form is somehow what proves that out of their whole careers.

Not at all the case. Ronaldo is still a world class player, but his overall game has massively suffered for the sake of scoring goals. Merely a target man in today's game now and if Marcelo or Carvajal have a bad game, Ronaldo has a bad game. 

Messi, inspite of what you claim are 'simple goals', has always had more to his overall game and unlike Ronaldo, his ability as a footballer transcends his goals. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not at all the case. Ronaldo is still a world class player, but his overall game has massively suffered for the sake of scoring goals. Merely a target man in today's game now and if Marcelo or Carvajal have a bad game, Ronaldo has a bad game. 

Messi, inspite of what you claim are 'simple goals', has always had more to his overall game and unlike Ronaldo, his ability as a footballer transcends his goals. 

I'm not talking about their respective abilities, I'm talking about the rhetoric on here and elsewhere amongst football analysis that because Ronaldo has had a difficult start to the season he's finished and people going on as if because Messi has dominated him so far this season that proves that it's always been that way.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm not talking about their respective abilities, I'm talking about the rhetoric on here and elsewhere amongst football analysis that because Ronaldo has had a difficult start to the season he's finished and people going on as if because Messi has dominated him so far this season that proves that it's always been that way.

Because it has. It really, really has. 

Ronaldo, to me personally, started declining as a footballer since 2013. 

Another staggering thing is that Ronaldo still has fewer goals than Messi. Yet Messi could miss something in the region of his next 400 shots, and still will have a better shot to goal ratio than Ronaldo. 

Ronaldo showing up with the important goal tends to really overshadow the gulf in class between the two. 

I don’t like to swear but fuck the goals where Messi is concerned. There’s no wankfest, there’s football. Watch him play football and manipulate games in which if they aren’t going well THEN he has the ability to do what Cristiano also does which is score goals. 

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Messi beats Ronaldo but not by the margin that some people will have you believe.

Mate, they’re absolutely galaxies apart but there’s one thing that I agree with you on in that he’s not finished at all. 

• Subscriber
Just now, SirBalon said:

Mate, they’re absolutely galaxies apart but there’s one thing that I agree with you on in that he’s not finished at all. 

Galaxies? Behave. He's clearly better but Galaxies?

If Messi is galaxies better than Ronaldo then what measurement do you use to compare either of them to "normal" players?

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

If Messi is galaxies better than Ronaldo then what measurement do you use to compare either of them to "normal" players?

The fact that Messi and Ronaldo are considered among the best of all time and the normal players are not? 

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

They aren’t nornal player though, are they mate. They have been dominant in their field for a decade of foootball. They’re not even World Class, they’re on another level BUT Messi is a complete footballer blessed with talent where he doesn’t rely on a dominant percentage of athleticism. Messi manipulates games with football by transforming games from various parts of the football field. Cristiano these days scores goals so he should be compared to the likes of people of the ilk of Suárez, Kane and Higuaín these days. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They aren’t nornal player though, are they mate. They have been dominant in their field for a decade of foootball. They’re not even World Class, they’re on another level BUT Messi is a complete footballer blessed with talent where he doesn’t rely on a dominant percentage of athleticism. Messi manipulates games with football by transforming games from various parts of the football field. Cristiano these days scores goals so he should be compared to the likes of people of the ilk of Suárez, Kane and Higuaín these days. 

Yeah "these days" being the operative term. My issue stems from people going on as if that has always been the case when it hasn't.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah "these days" being the operative term. My issue stems from people going on as if that has always been the case when it hasn't.

Mate, I’m not trying to get at you at all and if you feel as you say when comparing the two then you aren’t even alone.

For me personally Messi has always been on a different plain to Cristiano Ronaldo, always. But that’s my personal view of which I have my reasons for believing this is the case.

Put it this way which is simplifying it all without putting forward credence. There’s a constant dispute and a seeming eternal debate as to whether Messi is the greatest footballer of all time. Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t in that scope at all... And I mean at all!

Cristiano is a goal poacher and maybe the greatest ever whereas Messi may be the greatest footballer of all time. 

• Administrator

my word what a goal from Coutinho. 

An immense back-heel flick fools the Malaga keeper. Deft and clever from Coutinho. Good assist from Dembele too. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived