• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 28 Fixtures - 9th-12th March, 2018

football forum

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

it must also be noted that Malaga missed an absolute sitter in the first half shortly after going a man down and with it only being 1-0. 

Barca no doubt would have gone on to score again anyway but would have changed the complexion of the game in that moment. 

26 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Dembele has also had a very good game. It'd be good to see him score his first goal tonight.

Dembélé is definitely playing a very good game but Coutinho is the driving force going forward and he has something Barça type teams need which is knowing how to improvise and unpredictability. I honestly didn't know he had this much to his game and I've watched him a lot. There were other things that I thought he was signed for and of which I thought weren't all that needed. Goes to show how wrong someone can be in the way they see things and what's for sure is that this move has pushed him to a totally different level and freed him with organisation.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

it must also be noted that Malaga missed an absolute sitter in the first half shortly after going a man down and with it only being 1-0. 

Barca no doubt would have gone on to score again anyway but would have changed the complexion of the game in that moment. 

Well they say football is a game of fine details that can change the final outcome.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Need that second half goal please Barca 

it's a typical 2-0 Barca game to be honest. You'd think they'd have taken Malaga to the cleaners considering they're a man up in previous seasons. This season though Barca have a knack of turning games in to training sessions and killing games off by frustrating the opposition as opposed to adding goals on to the scoresheet. 

• Administrator

oh and not to mention they're making this game a stroll because of the more important game on Wednesday against Chelsea. No need to put extra effort in unnecessarily. 

Easily Barcelona’s easiest game of the season in terms of what occurred in the game and what Málaga offered which was nothing. Obviously the sending-off didn’t help their options but none the less that was crap from them and that’s Málaga’s 7th defeat in a row and they’re now 11 points off salvation. 

I thought today would have been tougher as Malaga away has been one of the tougher games for Barcelona in recent seasons due to how defensive they play and how much of a physical type of side they had become in recent years, although tonight they looked open, lacked organisation and don't have that fight about them anymore. You can se why they are 11 points away from safety as they are awful . It looked like it was going to be a cricket score, although the sending off changed the game and it strangely worked in Malaga's favour. That and the fact the players likely had one eye on Chelsea after the job was done.

Coutinho was immense, like Balon said the driving force and he has literally needed no time at all to fit in at Barcelona.

Much better from Dembele in his end product today and he was creating chances.

That ball by Alba was too much, he's at the best he's ever been this season. A monster.

3 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I thought today would have been tougher as Malaga away has been one of the tougher games for Barcelona in recent seasons due to how defensive they play and how much of a physical type of side they had become in recent years, although tonight they looked open, lacked organisation and don't have that fight about them anymore. You can se why they are 11 points away from safety as they are awful . It looked like it was going to be a cricket score, although the sending off changed the game and it strangely worked in Malaga's favour. That and the fact the players likely had one eye on Chelsea after the job was done.

Coutinho was immense, like Balon said the driving force and he has literally needed no time at all to fit in at Barcelona.

Much better from Dembele in his end product today and he was creating chances.

That ball by Alba was too much, he's at the best he's ever been this season. A monster.

Alba man of the match?

He and Coutinho were tremendous but from what I’m listening from the pundits they’re giving Alba the slight edge on today’s performance. 

This picture bellow curiously enough goes with what was being debated earlier on with the old and tiring detail with Messi versus Cristiano. But strangely Jose Mourinho's son must've been reading us because he retweeted this picture from someone else's tweet. It's all very fanboyish but none the less this is how I feel on what Messi is.

DX3BhpPXcAAvTuC?format=jpg

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20180310/441415688392/messi-tuit-demoledor-hijo-mourinho-grandeza-totti-cristiano-ronaldo-xavi-lahm.html

It was cringe-worthy, like all memes are, although it wasn't exactly fictional at the same time.

C.Ronaldo is one of the history's greatest goalscorers, but Messi is one of greatest goalscorers, dribblers and passers/playmakers. I'm not sure how that makes them comparable simply because of goal numbers. It's a very bland view of football, the type you'd expect from Michael Owen, Phil Neville and Robbie Savage.

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Cristiano is not one of the greatest goalscorers ...he is the greatest one EVER. Just look at all his CL scoring records...if barcelona and messi were really as great as everyone likes to claim, they should have more CLs to show for plain and simple

No, it's not plain and simple. For one, you aren't taking into account that Real Madrid spend heavily just to even compete with Barca. So obviously they will continue to get stronger and make it more difficult for Barca to win it. 

Also, when Barca win the champions league, they also win the league. Trebles as well. 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

No, it's not plain and simple. For one, you aren't taking into account that Real Madrid spend heavily just to even compete with Barca. So obviously they will continue to get stronger and make it more difficult for Barca to win it. 

Also, when Barca win the champions league, they also win the league. Trebles as well. 

I can't believe we are even getting into this debate to be fair. Balon is even posting "memes"  xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4PdCZPT4eY 

"Context" 

77% of his goals in 2018 have either been a cross to him or penalties. 

Like I said, people get distracted by the numbers and big goals Ronaldo puts in, yet completely ignore the 'footballing aspect' of it.  Instinctive finisher moreso a footballer when you compare him to what he was 

On 3/12/2018 at 13:19, The Rebel CRS said:

It was cringe-worthy, like all memes are, although it wasn't exactly fictional at the same time.

C.Ronaldo is one of the history's greatest goalscorers, but Messi is one of greatest goalscorers, dribblers and passers/playmakers. I'm not sure how that makes them comparable simply because of goal numbers. It's a very bland view of football, the type you'd expect from Michael Owen, Phil Neville and Robbie Savage.

Saying Messi is known for fair play's a bit questionable, isn't it? It'd be an undeserved reputation at best

Can't argue anything else, though.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived