• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Stan said:

Cardiff City getting Marko Grujic on loan from Liverpool.

@Bluebird Hewitt @FOYM @LFCMadLad @LFCMike @Dr. Gonzo

@Burning Gold ? Prick :ph34r:

He's an absolute unit physically, but I've never been convinced by his technical ability in his handful of appearances. I don't know how Cardiff play, but hopefully they'll help him develop that side of his game.

I think it's a good move for us to send him to a team that'll be on top in most games because apparently some weaker Premier League teams were after him as well.

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

@Burning Gold ? Prick :ph34r:

He's an absolute unit physically, but I've never been convinced by his technical ability in his handful of appearances. I don't know how Cardiff play, but hopefully they'll help him develop that side of his game.

You'll likely be disappointed in the technical improvement as we're not that sort of team.

However, he will be used for his physicality easily, especially as Gunners is currently out and Bamba has had to deputise there a few times instead.

Sam Hart has been loaned out to Rochdale for the rest of the season - he was our left back cover which means the signing of Amari'i Bell must be pretty close. We signed Hart from Liverpool in the summer, but has been pretty poor in the handful of appearances he has made. In his last sub appearance he looked lost out of the pitch so hopefully he will get some games at Rochdale to develop his game. If we go sign Bell then it is a real sign of intent and an exciting signing. He looks a very good player and he'll provide great competition to Williams.

We also signed Jack Payne on loan from Huddersfield until the end of the season - they ended his loan spell at Oxford so we could sign him. Oxford fans were gutted to lose him as he was their best player and he'll provide competition for Dack and much needed options in midfield/attack with our current injuries. 

Our squad is looking so strong for this level and with a lot left from last season they are very determined to put right the wrongs of last season. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Cameron Carter-Vickers joining Ipswich on loan to replace Tommy Smith. @Storts

Yeah good move for him again. Looks like more game time for him there than at Sheffield United. Wilder was very honest and said he probably wouldn't play as much as we'd like him too so we moved him. 

Have seen that Sam Dalby has joined Leeds from Orient. That's a good move for him. He turned down Aston Villa at 15 to stay at home and continue with school before signing professionally at Orient. At sixteen he was leading the line as a lone front man and he didn't look out of place against blokes 10+ years his senior. His Dad is from York originally, so I presume he'll have some form of family relatively close, which will be good for him. No idea why he's not got a look in this season, but he's scored regularly in the U18's from what I've seen. 

Alan Judge is pushing for a loan move if he can't get playing time, he's been fit for about 2-3 months now but not match fit because of a lack of games. We've played him in B team matches and he's made maybe one or two appearances, but he's also not made the bench for quite a few of our recent games so he's pushing for playing time wherever he can find it.

We wouldn't loan him out to a play-off rival, so if he goes out I'd imagine it'd be someone from Millwall down to Burton. A relegation club getting him would be massive for them and if he can find his old shooting boots it means we'll be in for some millions in the Summer.

Preferably I hope he stays with us and we can find a way to get him fit and on form as he's the sort of player who will propel us into the play-offs when on form. Before his injury you'd struggle to find a better midfielder than him in this division.

8 hours ago, Danny said:

Alan Judge is pushing for a loan move if he can't get playing time, he's been fit for about 2-3 months now but not match fit because of a lack of games. We've played him in B team matches and he's made maybe one or two appearances, but he's also not made the bench for quite a few of our recent games so he's pushing for playing time wherever he can find it.

We wouldn't loan him out to a play-off rival, so if he goes out I'd imagine it'd be someone from Millwall down to Burton. A relegation club getting him would be massive for them and if he can find his old shooting boots it means we'll be in for some millions in the Summer.

Preferably I hope he stays with us and we can find a way to get him fit and on form as he's the sort of player who will propel us into the play-offs when on form. Before his injury you'd struggle to find a better midfielder than him in this division.

I reckon Millwall would be a great fit for the time being. Then again they'e got quite a bit of depth across their side now. 

37 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

If I were Blackburn, Wigan, Charlton or Portsmouth, I’d be all over trying to get him in at League One level. 

He'd walk League One but I could see the benefit. Problem for us is that we have about 12 months to get shot of him unless we get promoted so Championship football is what we need him to play to put himself into the shop window.

42 minutes ago, Danny said:

He'd walk League One but I could see the benefit. Problem for us is that we have about 12 months to get shot of him unless we get promoted so Championship football is what we need him to play to put himself into the shop window.

I wouldn' turn my nose up at the idea to be honest. Playing in a team expected to play possssion based football and win most weeks could put him in a brilliant mindset for next season.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I wouldn' turn my nose up at the idea to be honest. Playing in a team expected to play possssion based football and win most weeks could put him in a brilliant mindset for next season.

Maybe but if he hits the ground running you can't really dictate a price on League One performances, need them to be at Championship level to get the best price for him because once his contract ends with us he will be off on a free elsewhere either way.

9 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

If I were Blackburn, Wigan, Charlton or Portsmouth, I’d be all over trying to get him in at League One level. 

I'd love him back at Rovers again and I'm very surprised we've not been linked with him but Mowbray has brought in Payne and Armstrong who can play out wide and we have Antonsson/Chapman returning from injury along with Bennett and Conway so I suppose we don't need him. We can't be too greedy!!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived