talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

• Subscriber

Grant Leadbitter has returned to Sunderland. An alright signing but doesn't really blow me away with excitement. 

Meanwhile, Mitch Rose has left Grimsby for Notts County. Club terminated his contract so he could join. Another out of the blue decision.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karlan Grant leaving Charlton for Huddersfield is likely to decimate Charlton’s season. I’ve seen him a few times for them and been mightily impressed by him, his movement, pace and eye for goal in the box is fantastic for that level. 

I know he’s been linked with clubs this winter but it doesn’t look as though, thus far, that Charlton have brought anyone in as a replacement. They’ve got a small squad as it is and it’s unlikely that they’ll have the money reinvested into the squad. 

As for Grant, I think the Premier League is a big step up and I think it may be a signing with half an eye on being in the Championship next season. 

2 hours ago, BounceAroundTheGround said:

Linked with Britt Assombalonga wtf

Us too. And Charlie Austin O.o

Harry Chapman's transfer has been confirmed - can't wait to see how his career develops under Mowbray if he can stay injury free...a very exciting talent and one I can see Boro regretting letting go.

• Subscriber

10:05

Pele (not that one) joins Forest on loan

Nottingham Forest have signed Monaco midfielder Pele on loan for the rest of the season.

Also in the Championship, second-placed Norwich City have added Dynamo Dresden left-back Philip Heise to their squad on a deal until 2022.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/47055370

Dan James is reportedly having a medical from Swansea. Very highly thought of there and for Wales.

They didn't want to lose him but we've played hardball and he's asked Swansea to join us.

Great talent, got some absolute burners and will be a pretty sweet option for us on the wing. Also a great age to work with, fitting in with our predominantly young team, and what a coach to develop under.

Will be happy to get this one over the line.

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

Dan James is reportedly having a medical from Swansea. Very highly thought of there and for Wales.

They didn't want to lose him but we've played hardball and he's asked Swansea to join us.

Great talent, got some absolute burners and will be a pretty sweet option for us on the wing. Also a great age to work with, fitting in with our predominantly young team, and what a coach to develop under.

Will be happy to get this one over the line.

It's off. Textbook Leeds. We're after one player all window and it fails last minute.

Lots of haggling between Leeds and Swansea.

Dan James asked to leave and was given permission.

James was in Leeds from last night. Agreed personal terms today and completed a medical.

Leeds and Swansea after much back and forth, had reached an agreement for a loan with a view to permanent. Loan fee around a £1m. Potential fee of £10m in the summer.

James was sat at Elland Road from 6pm waiting to be unveiled by the club.

Swansea, completely ghosted signing the deal sheet, wouldn't reply and pulled the plug last minute. Seems like a conflict of interests at board level their end.

They now have a young lad, messed about all day, travelling back to a club he didn't want to be at by asking to leave.

Swansea City, absolute shithouse of a football club, extremely unprofessional. Leroy Fer's move to Villa collapsed the exact same way. Clearly lots of inhouse politics going on down there.

But I have to say, we have ourselves to blame for not getting this done earlier in the window. Always my major gripe why teams leave it so late. Had we known it was a no go, we might have been able to bring in someone else.

Everyone strengthened around us and we're here watching it all happen. Real shame for the lad as he'd have fit the shape nicely.

Will be fuming if we blow the best chance we have had of promotion in years by not strengthening a wafer thin squad and it costs us.

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

It's off. Textbook Leeds. We're after one player all window and it fails last minute.

James was in Leeds from last night. Agreed personal terms today and completed a medical.

Leeds and Swansea after much back and forth, had reached an agreement for a loan with a view to permanent. Loan fee around a £1m. Potential fee of £10m in the summer.

Swansea, completely ghosted signing the deal sheet, wouldn't reply and pulled the plug last minute. Seems like a conflict of interests at board level their end.

They now have a young lad, messed about all day, travelling back to a club he didn't want to be at by asking to leave.

Swansea City, absolute shithouse of a football club, extremely unprofessional. Leroy Fer's move to Villa collapsed the exact same way. Clearly lots of inhouse politics going on down there.

But I have to say, we have ourselves to blame for not getting this done earlier in the window. Always my major gripe why teams leave it so late. Had we known it was a no go, we might have been able to bring in someone else.

Everyone strengthened around us and we're here watching it all happen. Real shame for the lad as he'd have fit the shape nicely.

Will be fuming if we blow the best chance we have had of promotion in years by not strengthening a wafer thin squad and it costs us.

Swansea were after Ryan Woods who would have fit into their style of play, however wouldn't budge over £0.5m (which funnily enough was portrayed as Brentford's fault for not selling at Swansea's valuation by the media).

January is a terrible time to buy players anyway.

• Administrator
On 18/01/2019 at 11:09, Stan said:

Forest have signed Yohan Benalouane xD

Not sure what O'Neill's playing at here. He's a car crash of a 'defender'. Guaranteed booking each game (or most) and very reckless and clumsy.

On 19/01/2019 at 17:23, Stan said:

imagine my shock xD 

image.png

On 26/01/2019 at 18:35, Stan said:

He got booked again today xD 

And now he's been sent off xD

Carded in every game so far. @Dan

• Subscriber

xD bloke's an absolute clown. Seen yesterday's though and I do think there wasn't loads he could do about it - then again I think at that point of the game, already losing it was probably a bit unnecessary because regardless you're likely to go 2-0 down. If it was level I'd understand it a bit more.

He's not the worst player I've ever seen here in fairness to him, he's just a bit reckless and a very odd character xD their fans actually seem to quite like him.

On 31/01/2019 at 23:59, Lucas said:

Would it surprise you that Huw Jenkins, the hero turned villain, has resigned as chairman? 

30 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Would it surprise you that Huw Jenkins, the hero turned villain, has resigned as chairman? 

Yeah I saw that last night mate which to be honest, shows just how much in-house politics are going on there. Absolute state of a club right now.

• Subscriber

Leeds United have taken young Matlock Town defender Ashton Hall on trial, where the 18-year-old will go straight into the U23s setup. (Matlock Town official website)

Spartak Moscow striker Ze Luis, who was linked with a £10.5m move to Leeds in January, has admitted he would like to play in England. (Sports.ru)

Swansea City's Leroy Fer was present at Aston Villa’s training ground on deadline day - undergoing his medical before abruptly opting to stay at the Liberty Stadium. (Birmingham Live)

Meanwhile, Villa defender Tommy Elphick insists he is yet to think about his contract situation – which expires at the end of the season – by remaining focused on aiding the club’s promotion push. (Birmingham Live)

Derby County are set to announce the arrival of free agent and ex-Celtic defender Efe Ambrose, holding off interest from Sheffield Wednesday, Middlesbrough and Bolton Wanderers. (TEAMTalk)

Sheffield Wednesday striker Sam Winnall turned down a loan move on deadline day in order to fight for his place at Hillsborough. Sunderland were believed to be strongly interested. (Sheffield Star)

Across the city, Sheffield United goalkeeper Dean Henderson, on loan from Manchester United, is attracting interest from Tottenham, Bayern Munich and Juventus. (ESPN)

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-10-5m-target-wants-elland-road-move-aston-villa-snubbed-by-dutch-star-derby-set-to-sign-ex-celtic-ace-premier-league-trio-want-norwich-starlet-champiosnship-rumours-1-9580445

• Subscriber

Charlton chief refuses to sanction a deal for ex-Portsmouth striker

Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet has refused to sanction a move for former Pompey striker Joe Mason. The forward, who spent the first half of the season on loan at Fratton Park, is without a club after Wolves parted company with him

He left Molineux just weeks after his deal with Kenny Jackett’s side expired. Plymouth have also been linked with the 27-year-old, but it appeared Charlton would be his most likely destination. However. Lee Bowyer’s hopes of adding him to his squad appear over after Duchatelet said no to a potential deal. And that’s despite the Addicks banking at least £1.5million from the recent sale of Karlan Grant to Huddersfield. Speaking to the the South London Press, Bowyer said: ‘He (Mason) is the one that we were looking to bring in. ‘But I got a phone call from Steve Gallen (head of recruitment) literally 10 minutes ago saying the owner said no, we can’t bring in another striker because we’ve got Lyle (Taylor), Josh (Parker]) and Igor (Vetokele).’

Mason played four times for Pompey this season but failed to score. He returned to then parent club Wolves at the start of January.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/charlton-chief-refuses-to-sanction-deal-for-ex-portsmouth-striker-1-8807383

• 3 months later...
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Though the season hasn't technically finished yet, the rumours for us so far is that we're looking at Will Vaulks from Rotherham and Jamal Lowe from Portsmouth @Eco

Damn if true. 

I didn't expect another season of him though. On a team that struggled to score, he was a great at creating space, and scoring. He's also really quick for L1, so I'm not sure how it'll translate if he moves to the Championship. 

Scores the winner at Wembley, to then being released a few days later. That’s Jonny Williams’ story at the minute after being released by Charlton. 

In fairness, Palace paid a big portion of his wages during the season and Charlton, in the state they’re still in off the pitch, can’t really afford to pay him what he’s worth.

15 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Strong rumours we’ve got Maupay in our sights £20m what you thinking @Danny ?

Think the final fee including add ons will go closer to £25m, £30m if we can stitch you up.

If you meet our price we’ll sell

• The topic was unpinned

Archived