talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've released Kadeem Harris, Stuart O'Keefe and Gunners, the latter already agreeing a move. 

Shame on Kadeem but he's been with us since 2012 and while being close, he's never really broken fully into the first team and it's time for him to get a fresh start elsewhere. O'Keefe is no surprise as he hasn't played for us for a while. Started off well but never really did much after that. 

• Subscriber

Grimsby have signed Matt Green after his release from Salford. Didn't really settle in Manchester and has family here in Lincolnshire so I'm excited. Definitely got goals in him.

3 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s a position we need to address so I wouldn’t be surprised 

Hope we play hardball. Absolute pivotal in our current system and our player of the year. No surprise to me he made Team of the Year also. 

Hopefully the fact he's one of our own will also serve to our advantage but fat load of good that did to James Milner, Aaron Lennon, Danny Rose, Fab Delph or Lewis Cook. We'll see.

41 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Hope we play hardball. Absolute pivotal in our current system and our player of the year. No surprise to me he made Team of the Year also. 

Hopefully the fact he's one of our own will also serve to our advantage but fat load of good that did to James Milner, Aaron Lennon, Danny Rose, Fab Delph or Lewis Cook. We'll see.

I think money will talk mate, fine margins are so cruel it could be you cherry picking our best.

I think you’re going to come up as champions next year I really do I hope you do anyway I’ll be cheering Leeds on, think you deserve it as a fan base even if you are a bit dirty 😉

43 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think money will talk mate, fine margins are so cruel it could be you cherry picking our best.

I think you’re going to come up as champions next year I really do I hope you do anyway I’ll be cheering Leeds on, think you deserve it as a fan base even if you are a bit dirty 😉

Well, provided we only add to what we have and don't lose players, I'd feel confident. If that happened then it would be worth the wait no doubt.

Then we can get it on again. Plenty of us to go round the league.

• 2 weeks later...

We've made our first signings of the season. 

Joe Day arrives on a free after his contract expired with Newport. 

Curtis Nelson also arrives on a free after his contract expired with Oxford. 

Will Vaulks signs for us from Rotherham, rumoured to be between £1.5m - £3m.

Vaulks is a shrewd signing. You'll get solid graft with him, was outstanding for Rotherham last season and that's a great price actually in the current market.

Typical Neil Warnock player but with the bonus of chipping in with goals too.

Sounds like we could be completing a season long loan for Helder Costa from Wolves. Possibly completed tomorrow.

Bit of an outcast at Wolves right now. Would be very interesting to see what he could bring to the team under Bielsa's coaching.

No doubt was a big hit for Wolves in this division although didnt impress much in the PL. Still, his speed and trickery would be most welcome in a twam like ours the way we play.

On 13/06/2019 at 23:06, Lucas said:

Well, provided we only add to what we have and don't lose players, I'd feel confident. If that happened then it would be worth the wait no doubt.

Then we can get it on again. Plenty of us to go round the league.

Rumours it’s close 20-25 with add ons

We’ve bought Ethan Pinnock from Barnsley for £3m. Seems to have been their best centre back and their fans seem a bit upset he’s left.

After losing Barbet we need cover/competition at centre back and now we have Jeanvier, Konsa, Sorensen and Pinnock. He’s less a prospect and more a ready made player which we also bought in Christian Norgaard

Squad is strengthening nicely now but we’re still due to lose some players this year

• Administrator
On 01/07/2019 at 23:29, Lucas said:

Sounds like we could be completing a season long loan for Helder Costa from Wolves. Possibly completed tomorrow.

Bit of an outcast at Wolves right now. Would be very interesting to see what he could bring to the team under Bielsa's coaching.

No doubt was a big hit for Wolves in this division although didnt impress much in the PL. Still, his speed and trickery would be most welcome in a twam like ours the way we play.

Done deal.

And there we are.

It's a good move for him and a good move for us. He need invigorating, perhaps he has gone a little stale at Wolves because he certainly wasn't making the starting line up.

What I like about this is that with him on the wing, we can look to move Pablo Hernandez into a more central position. It's a long season for him on the wing and another year older, he cannot keep doing what he's doing. 

Costa's speed will be a massive asset as will his trickery. You'd like to think Bielsa will get the better out of him after a hard preseason. Let's hope so anyway.

If we could sign a striker, a real predator, and keep everyone else, I'd actually be very happy with things. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived