football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Barnsley legend :ph34r:.

Joking aside he looks pretty decent and much better than Hennessey and Mandanda who hasn't settled in London.

I was originally hopeing last summer we'd get Mandanda and Bentley whilst getting Hennessey off to your lot based on his form at the Euros.

Mandanda is 100% off. Somethings clearly happened behind the scenes that's not in the public domain. Whilst Hennessey's contract is up and I don't think he'd be happy renewing his contract as a backup Goalkeeper for us. We could potentialy end up with 2/3 new Goalkeepers.

3 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Daniel Bentley to Crystal Palace for money + Sulley KaiKai. I wanted us to sign him last summer before Brentford got him.

Mother fucker.

Bentley has been class for us, seeing as we've just signed him you'll need to put a bit of cash up.

Alex Cisak and Paul McCallum have announced they're leaving us in totally different ways. Cisak has been frozen out since he come close to triggering an appearance based bonus in his contract but took to Twitter to write the standard footballer leaving a club message, whilst McCallum refused to travel to Blackpool at the weekend because he didn't want to be a sub. 

Cisak is a major loss. He was our player of the season till he was frozen out but he's been at the circus that is Orient for two and a half of the mad three years we've had under Francesco Becchetti and is easily League Two, maybe bottom end League One quality whilst McCallum is a weird one, depending on his mood and motivation. On his day he has his uses and is strong and probably the best header of a ball we had, however, when he can't be bothered he comes across as arrogant, disinterested and barely moves. 

The first of many player changes this summer I reckon. 

On 08/05/2017 at 8:56 PM, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Early rumour is we are apparently making a bid for Sam Gallagher. Can't see it myself at all.

What was he like with you @roversgirl @JOSHBRFC and other Blackburn fans?

He scored 12 goals in 46 apps in all competitions for us. His work rate is very good but he gets bullied too easily by physical, experienced defenders and he made some naive decisions this season eg. not keeping the ball/taking it to a corner when we were 2-1 up against Preston with 30 seconds left. He put a cross in with no Rovers player in the box, their goalkeeper collected it and they went down the other end to score. Given his age its understandable he is inconsistent but there is a definite quality and potential with him. He isn't good enough to play for Saints or the PL right now, but he is a good player at this level and he will only get better with age. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/8/2017 at 8:56 PM, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Early rumour is we are apparently making a bid for Sam Gallagher. Can't see it myself at all.

What was he like with you @roversgirl @JOSHBRFC and other Blackburn fans?

We're linked with him as well. I heard 7m is the quoted figure for him. I'd put that low down my list of what we need just now but if McCormack does end up leaving this window I wouldn't mind him coming in, maybe not for 7m.

I saw us linked with a move for Aaron Mooy whose spent the season on loan, fairly impressively, for Huddersfield.

16 minutes ago, TomAVFC said:

We're linked with him as well. I heard 7m is the quoted figure for him. I'd put that low down my list of what we need just now but if McCormack does end up leaving this window I wouldn't mind him coming in, maybe not for 7m.

I saw us linked with a move for Aaron Mooy whose spent the season on loan, fairly impressively, for Huddersfield.

Yeah, the earlier price tag I heard was £3m, which would still be out of our price range anyway.

Sammy Moore becomes player/manager at Leatherhead, taking over from Jimmy Bullard. Paul McCallum joins Eastleigh and Liam Kelly joins Coventry. 

Our injured players went to do some rehab today but were turned away from the training ground because the rent is unpaid. 

We're dying. 

Sammy Moore's quite liked in these neck of the woods from his time at AFC Wimbledon so I'm not surprised he's gone Leatherhead. With Kingstonians paying rent to ground share there next season I imagine Leatherhead will be in there best position in a very long time to make a surge up the table.

15 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

We've agreed deals for Neil Etheridge and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing when there contracts expire next month from Walsall and Rochdale respectively.

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing has a terrible looking body shape about him but I've seen him a few times and he's been alright at League One level. How he'll step up to the Championship, I'm not too sure. 

33 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing has a terrible looking body shape about him but I've seen him a few times and he's been alright at League One level. How he'll step up to the Championship, I'm not too sure. 

If we can agree deals for Harris and Hoilett, I'd imagine him being more of a squad player than a starter. For absolute nowt and I'd imagine low wages as well, it's not a huge loss if it doesn't work out.

2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

We've agreed deals for Neil Etheridge and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing when there contracts expire next month from Walsall and Rochdale respectively.

Uninspiring but you've got to trust Warnock I'd say. His record at this level is as good as any, I assume he's just bolstering squad numbers.

15 minutes ago, Toony said:

Uninspiring but you've got to trust Warnock I'd say. His record at this level is as good as any, I assume he's just bolstering squad numbers.

Mendez-Laing I'd assume so should Harris and Hoilett agree contract extensions. Etheridge however could start as Amos (thank fuck) and McGregor have gone back to their parent clubs, leaving us with Wilson (who's a bag of shit) and Murphy who, while being good for us when called upon, should not be our number one.

I've not seen loads of League Two football to fully judge but even though we are currently managerless, we've expressed an interest in signing Ollie Watkins from Exeter.

Not that I disapprove of scouting the lower leagues for diamonds in the rough but I am a little sceptical given Kemar Roofe is still trying to adjust to life at Leeds.

Preston have signed the striker Sean Maguire from Cork City. It wouldn't surprise me if we sign more players from the League of Ireland this summer. We always send scouts to identify and watch the most talented young players there. 

An interesting and potentially exciting signing for us at a pretty cheap price. I'm certainly happy with it. From the very little footage that I've seen him, he seems to be in the David Healy mould of strikers and he was excellent for us before he left for Leeds. 

We're apparently on the verge of signing Danny Ward from Rotherham for a reported £1m deal. Really unsure on this in all honesty.

Also made a reported rival bid of £1.2m for Jonny Hayes of Aberdeen as well, but as the other team are Celtic, we would have no chance.

The shit rag that is Walesonline reports that Le Fondre has signed for Bolton following the end of his contract.

Really had high hopes for him but after Ole left and with him generally struggling, he didn't seem arsed with us in the end, hence the various loan moves to get his wages off the books.

• The title was changed to EFL Transfers & Rumours
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived