talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Benkovic recalled by Leicester @Stan and @Dan.

Don't blame Leicester at all for this and absolutely shambolic by us once again. No reason at all for us not to use him and now Harris has left us well and truly fucked at centre back now with Morrison injured, Flint recalled from Sheffield Wednesday and crocked (out apparently until March), Bamba looking well off the pace and rumours of him leaving and Nelson. 

• Subscriber

Sam Habergham on trial with us. Last played for Lincoln in 2018 but then got injured and has been out for a while. He's playing for our U23's this afternoon. Could be a good signing for us if he shows the same kind of skill he had at Lincoln and Braintree.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Benkovic recalled by Leicester @Stan and @Dan.

Don't blame Leicester at all for this and absolutely shambolic by us once again. No reason at all for us not to use him and now Harris has left us well and truly fucked at centre back now with Morrison injured, Flint recalled from Sheffield Wednesday and crocked (out apparently until March), Bamba looking well off the pace and rumours of him leaving and Nelson. 

Find it a bit interesting, wonder if we're getting harder on teams regarding loans - we've just recalled James from Barnsley too and we're sending him to Coventry. Are we trying to help them stay up?!

I'd imagine Bankovic will probably go abroad. Reeks of a move to a lower Bundesliga side like Augsburg.

• Subscriber

As expected, Sam Habergham has signed for us. As I said before, he's just back from quite a lengthy injury lay off but from what the manager has been saying, he's been looking after himself and looks like he can really do a job for us.

Only until the end of the season so no real risk associated if he's not up to scratch fitness wise or hasn't recovered properly to the same standard he was playing at before.

On 06/01/2021 at 16:11, Dan said:

Find it a bit interesting, wonder if we're getting harder on teams regarding loans - we've just recalled James from Barnsley too and we're sending him to Coventry. Are we trying to help them stay up?!

I'd imagine Bankovic will probably go abroad. Reeks of a move to a lower Bundesliga side like Augsburg.

Apparently Barnsley want to move Callum Styles to center mid so Matty James has headed back.

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Cazza said:

Don't feel he is a league player as his best performances have come in the national league.

He was very instrumental in helping Lincoln get promoted from League Two so I'd say he's proven he can do it in the league. Made the step up from non-league quite well with them. As I said before though, minimal risk bringing him in as he's only with us until the summer at first.

One in, one out and apparent advanced talks at our end. 

One In - We're apparently set to sign Max Waters from Crawley, rumoured to be between £200k - £1m (depending where you read). I have no idea what he's like in all honesty but the fact that he's only 21 and has a decent goalscoring record so far is promising. 

One Out - Gavin Whyte has joined Hull on loan for the rest of the season. Not really shined much for us since we signed up, though never given much of a chance really. Could be a good move for game time and possibly try to recoup a bit of the money we paid for him. 

Advanced Talks - We are apparently in discussions to loan Frédéric Guilbert from Villa for the rest of the season. As he's a right back and we actually need one to play in that position, he'll slot in nicely on the bench where Benkovic used to sit. 

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Bristol not Blackburn ;) xD

I’ve never seen him play!

Shit. It's part of a new forum game where I ask random people what they think of a player they've never even see play... :ph34r:

• Subscriber

We've re-signed Lenell John-Lewis (his name is a shop, his name is a shop) from Hereford. Not sure what to think of this as he wasn't exactly brilliant last time he was with us but he's been doing alright 2 leagues below us. Can he make the step up to League Two again and deliver? I'm not so sure.

Looks like we're on the verge of signing Jonny Williams (yes @The Palace Fan, that Jonny Williams) from Charlton for a rumoured fee of £200k. Still only 27.

Not gonna lie. Our midfield needs a kick up the arse but this just feels ridiculously underwhelming overall and smacks of desperation. What's worrying is that we continue to buy older players and not invest in youth (check the average age of our squad and you'll see what I mean). 

Elsewhere, Glatzel has joined Mainz on loan for the rest of the season, meaning that we'll likely be shirt of striking options (again) unless we manage to find someone shortly, considering that Watters is injured and Vassell is practically dead, leaving us with Moore and Harris up front. 

What an utter shambles of a squad we have. Don't be surprised if we fight relegation this season. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived