talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

10 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Looks like we're on the verge of signing Jonny Williams (yes @The Palace Fan, that Jonny Williams) from Charlton for a rumoured fee of £200k. Still only 27.

Not gonna lie. Our midfield needs a kick up the arse but this just feels ridiculously underwhelming overall and smacks of desperation. What's worrying is that we continue to buy older players and not invest in youth (check the average age of our squad and you'll see what I mean). 

Elsewhere, Glatzel has joined Mainz on loan for the rest of the season, meaning that we'll likely be shirt of striking options (again) unless we manage to find someone shortly, considering that Watters is injured and Vassell is practically dead, leaving us with Moore and Harris up front. 

What an utter shambles of a squad we have. Don't be surprised if we fight relegation this season. 

A very likeable player with the way he plays but his injury record would put me off him big time.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

A very likeable player with the way he plays but his injury record would put me off him big time.

He'll have company in Vassell and Tomlin when he's injured next. 

EDIT: Apparently the fee is about £50k, which is nothing really. However, if what I also read is true, it's only until the end of this season, which is............. odd. 

10 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

He'll have company in Vassell and Tomlin when he's injured next. 

EDIT: Apparently the fee is about £50k, which is nothing really. However, if what I also read is true, it's only until the end of this season, which is............. odd. 

Mick McCarthy loved him at Ipswich which helps explain why he's been taken on for the length of his contract.

He is as a fascinating player. All fan bases love him. He gets in the right positions, and if he's not in the right position he can carry the ball to it. Even though he celebrated like a pleb after the Iceland game, a part of me is really happy he was an important in that Euros team because regardless of how many injuries he gets nobody can take that moment away from.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

We've signed Ryan Wintle from Crewe, as well as Mark McGuiness (a young defender from Arsenal). Bot are free transfers. 

Not really sure what to expect from both in all honesty. 

Ryan Wintle's meant to be pretty good. Perry Ng settled well so I imagine he will too. 

Decent signing for Bournemouth, I always thought we'd get more out of him if we played him as more of a striker than a centre mid but aside from the performance in the PO Final he was always up and down for us with no real consistency

• The topic was unpinned

Archived