The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Anita's on a free, funny story he was lined up for Galatasaray until their manager found out how small he is xD

imagine if Barca did that with Messi xD 

3 hours ago, DNA said:

5th Summer signing thus far.

And we're still after Blackburn's Darragh Lenihan

You will have to pay a decent fee to get him as he is one of our biggest assets. My gut feeling is he will stay unless you come up with a ridiculous bid. No offence to you guys but Lenihan could do better as in sign for a stable Championship club or one fighting for promotion.

We've been linked with Rickie Lambert in the press but those close to the club have denied any interest. 

6 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Anita's on a free, funny story he was lined up for Galatasaray until their manager found out how small he is xD

Not really sure what to make of him to be honest. He seems like he'd be a good squad player but not necessarily a first teamer. We shall see though.

I think he is a solid signing for Leeds. His problem is he isn't really naturally gifted at any position. He came to us a central midfielder but he hasn't got the size of the strength for that. He played as a right back last season and got caught out a couple of times but was pretty solid most of the time. Fulham and Preston tore him apart mind.

He Was involved in a couple of our goals to be fair to him, off the top of my head he was involved in our second at Elland Road. On a free transfer he is a good acquisition. He wasn't the worst player in our team by any means. Good luck little Vurn.

• Subscriber

That Sheff Utd sponsor xD

Stearman was garbage for us. One of the most over-rated players from our fans to my memory. Didn't have a clue how we got the money we did for him. No idea what he's like now though.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Stearman was garbage for us. One of the most over-rated players from our fans to my memory. Didn't have a clue how we got the money we did for him. No idea what he's like now though.

Wolves fans are very fond of him. He had a big wobble during their two relegations but pulled his finger out after that and got POTY the season before he went Fulham. Where he never really settled and unsurprisingly went back to Wolves where he said he never wanted to leave in the first place. 

I think he will be a steady acquisition for The Blades. I'm quite surprised that Wolves didn't try to keep him round the place but they're clearly trying to break the ambition ceiling at the moment.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Fuck. xD

He's had some decent spells in his career and we need his Championship experience at the back.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, DNA said:

Fuck. xD

He's had some decent spells in his career and we need his Championship experience at the back.

This was, in fairness, 9 years ago, and that is scary.

Been reading up on our new defensive mid Kamo Mokotjo, didn't really know much about him but he seems to be a technically gifted, ball playing defensive midfielder which I like. Also FC Twente captain.

Hopefully he's as good as the Evening Standard made out xD

• Administrator

Tom Lawrence possibly going to Derby for £10m. We should be biting their hands off with that offer xD. I rate him and think he'll come good but there's no guarantee of that. We only bought him for £1m. He's only had loan spells at Championship clubs or lower and they're offering that. Yes please. 

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

Tom Lawrence possibly going to Derby for £10m. We should be biting their hands off with that offer xD. I rate him and think he'll come good but there's no guarantee of that. We only bought him for £1m. He's only had loan spells at Championship clubs or lower and they're offering that. Yes please. 

Typical Derby. Surely they must be close to FFP with the amount they're pissing about.

Lawrence showed glimpses of a good player with us, but no way is he worth  £10m.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Typical Derby. Surely they must be close to FFP with the amount they're pissing about.

Lawrence showed glimpses of a good player with us, but no way is he worth  £10m.

nah I'd say £5m max and that's being generous. 

Gary Monks started off well at 'Boro by bringing in Jonny Howson and Cyrus Christie. Surprised they were allowed to go.

Sunderland clearly love an Everton player but I was surprised another Premier League club hasn't taken a punt on Galloway given his reputation. Game time in The Championship should benefit Browning. I wonder if he will moan like he always does on FM.

George Boyd turning down Burnley for Sheffield Wednesday shows there ambition. A lot of technically gifted players at that level in there side now so they really should be going one further this year.

Derby seem to be building from the back well with Curtis Davies and Andre Wisdom. I reckon Gary Rowett knows what he wants to push for the playoffs and I can see them having a good season.

Don't really know anything about the players Fulham, Leeds, Brentford and Norwich have signed but I wish I put money on Angus Gunn playing for Norwich at some point in his career. Good luck to him and hopefully he can realise his potential. Looking forward to seeing how Josh Harropp, John Terry and Ruben Neves all do for different reasons too.

Condolences to Barnsley at the moment. If you look at the team they started with last season there team has been absolutely ripped to shreds.

We are signing some absolute randoms. Fans seem to be getting excited at the obligatory YouTube videos that show the player doing absolute 'bits' but I'm deeply worried that all these foreign punts will not work out.

Latest one is Caleb Ekuban who signed tonight. Striker from Chievo Verona whose had about 4 loans to clubs on a miniscule scale. Scored 17 last year...in the Albanian League. He's 22 so obviously room to improve but I really want to see us take the pressure off Wood with someone reliable. I wish we'd moved for someone with more proven pedigree like others in the division have.

Ezgjan Alioski is also close to being done. A Macedonian winger who plays for Lugano. Seem's to be highly rated in the Swiss league. Basel were linked with him too but I still don't know what to think. I've just got this vision of him being a shit Shaqiri.

Samuel Saiz just needs to complete a medical and he's in. Spanish attacking mid/striker from Huesca. He's been touted as one of the best players in the Segunda division Spanish but again, where have we heard those phrases churned out before. Again, he comes with his customary YouTube video attached with decent strikes and about 5 or 6 penalties but again, he's another shot in the dark.

Obviously it isn't fair to judge till the players have come in, had time to adjust and had minutes on the pitch but you can't help but feel a little sceptical but I guess you have to accept this strategy when your club adopts a European set up management wise.

• Subscriber
On 7/9/2017 at 11:38 AM, Stan said:

If that's true then that is absolutely hilarious. Signed for £1mil three years ago, has played four times for us and has been loaned out as many times. If we sell that for ten million then English football really has gone absolutely bonkers.

With a year left on his contract as well xD oh my god

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Derby County in a nutshell isn't it?

I've actually been fairly impressed by their business so far but if they pay ten million for that then they're a laughing stock. I think he looks half decent but I'll be very surprised if he ever makes it here as a regular, I'd take £5mil let alone double.

• The title was changed to EFL Transfers & Rumours
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived