talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

15 hours ago, Dan said:

I've actually been fairly impressed by their business so far but if they pay ten million for that then they're a laughing stock. I think he looks half decent but I'll be very surprised if he ever makes it here as a regular, I'd take £5mil let alone double.

What have you been impressed by?

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've signed Lee Tomlin from Bristol City on a three year deal. Not sure what to make of it in all honesty, especially if the rumoured £3m fee is true.

Warnock has apparently indicated that we're done in the market as well, which is a tad disappointing as I still think we need an extra centre mid or two after losing Whitters, Adeyemi and Huws.

31 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

We've signed Christian Scales on a two-year deal. He finished last season at Whitehawk. Nothing quite says you're shit like signing players from Whitehawk on a two-year deal.

He was with us for a bit. I think you've got Jake Caprice too who was one of our old academy players when our academy meant something. People thought he'd done enough to earn another year in 2012 so fans were happy to see him end up at another Championship club. Shame it's gone south since then. From memory he was pretty versatile. Played at full back and defensive mid, and was a stand out player in his year group. There was hope once he left he'd perform like Lewis Grabban and work his way up but for whatever reason that hasn't happened.

Very strong rumours we're signing Sammy Ameobi on a free after a -kinda- successful loan here last year. Exciting in League 1 purely because he is so clumsy and unpredictable - I think he'll be found out to be terribly lightweight and tactically poor up in this division. I hope I'm wrong.

Says a lot that we're not exactly having to fend off any other potential suitors...

6 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Very strong rumours we're signing Sammy Ameobi on a free after a -kinda- successful loan here last year. Exciting in League 1 purely because he is so clumsy and unpredictable - I think he'll be found out to be terribly lightweight and tactically poor up in this division. I hope I'm wrong.

Says a lot that we're not exactly having to fend off any other potential suitors...

He was shite with us for the reasons you stated. Have fun. ^_^

Derby have made a 2 million bid for Hull's Tom Huddlestone.

Sheffield Utd have come back with a 3rd bid of around 2 million for Lenihan which has been rejected. Mowbray values him slightly higher but he wants a much bigger fee - he doesn't have to sell him so only a really inflated bid would tempt us and I can't see Sheffield Utd having that kind of money. If he does move on then he could do a lot better and join at least an established Championship club if not one going for promotion. He has a very promising future and he is one of our few prized assets who can make us good money as he came through our academy.

We've signed Neal Maupay from Saint Ettiene for £1.2m I believe, never seen him play before so another typical Brentford signing, hoping he turns out good. Scored 11 or 12 goals in Ligue 2 last season in 28 appearances but is only 20 years old.

• Administrator

just me that thinks this is a bit of a bargain for a player of his experience? Plus the fact Hull will be selling him to a promotion-chasing rival...

Gary Rowett is being very canny.

I think he's purposely building from the back to turn them into a solid, hard to beat outfit. The signings of Curtis Davies and Andre Wisdom are testament to that. Tom Huddlestone will add more steel in midfield to protect that defence.

The only thing I'd be a little concerned about for them is goals. They were the lowest scorers in the top half of the table (1st to 12th) and clearly need to improve on that. Selling Tom Ince and losing the creativity of Will Hughes will not have helped matters in the department. But they still have time to sort that.

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Danny said:

We've signed Neal Maupay from Saint Ettiene for £1.2m I believe, never seen him play before so another typical Brentford signing, hoping he turns out good. Scored 11 or 12 goals in Ligue 2 last season in 28 appearances but is only 20 years old.

Now there is a player that's yet to truly realize his potential. He made his debut at 16, pace to burn and very direct. But incredibly short and all the physical presence of a tube of pringles. I liken him to a much younger Adam Le Fondre. He could be immense at that level if he toughens up 

• Subscriber

Redknapp's a parody of himself.

Hull must be in the shit financially. They're selling off so many and they've brought in next to nothing. Jakupovic is about to join us as well.

Hull & Sunderland look fucked really, fucked over by poor owners, particularly in Hull's case. They did well to come as close to survival as they did last season really.

Boro made some decent signings and are spending money, fancy them to come back up.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Really? xD

I do think Assombalonga's a decent player, but he's spent more time out injured than playing ffs.

Baffles me anyone would pay that much for him. Don't think I'd go above £8mil and even that's pushing it. Again I question the scouting.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Have Middlesbrough seriously spent fourteen million on Assombalonga? Fucking hell.

And this is where it get's silly.

If you ask me a fair ball park figure for Chris Wood, I'd have said between £12-15m tops.

But if Middlesbrough are spending £14m on Assombalonga, and we have the Championship's top marksman, we'd probably be looking at asking for £20m or a little over. Crazy.

Assombalonga is guaranteed goals at this level. He's got all the attributes to be very succesful in a Gary Monk team. Pace, power, strength, a lethal finish, and performs in big matches. It's like his serious injury never happened. When you consider what happened with Antonio, Deeney etc. who were players you'd argue he was just a yard off at one point or another you'd have fancied him being a regular in The Premier League now if he didn't have his set back.

If Kodija is worth what Villa paid for him I don't see the problem with 'Boro paying that price. It's just Dan pushing his anti-Forest agenda again.

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

And this is where it get's silly.

If you ask me a fair ball park figure for Chris Wood, I'd have said between £12-15m tops.

But if Middlesbrough are spending £14m on Assombalonga, and we have the Championship's top marksman, we'd probably be looking at asking for £20m or a little over. Crazy.

We sold Hogan for £14m with add ons thrown in so I reckon you could push £16m/£17m.

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Assombalonga is guaranteed goals at this level. He's got all the attributes to be very succesful in a Gary Monk team. Pace, power, strength, a lethal finish, and performs in big matches. It's like his serious injury never happened. When you consider what happened with Antonio, Deeney etc. who were players you'd argue he was just a yard off at one point or another you'd have fancied him being a regular in The Premier League now if he didn't have his set back.

If Kodija is worth what Villa paid for him I don't see the problem with 'Boro paying that price. It's just Dan pushing his anti-Forest agenda again.

Love this 

• The title was changed to EFL Transfers & Rumours
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived