talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Sky are breaking that Brum have agreed a £6m deal for Jota with us. Mixed feelings but we got £6m from a player we previously had out on loan due to family issues, brought back, managed a contract extension and then got that fee in the last year of his contract.

I'm not so concerned about our strikeforce with Maupay, Vibe, Flo, Canos and Clarke....but I hope we're at least going to a centre back.

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Apparently Sky are breaking that Brum have agreed a £6m deal for Jota with us. Mixed feelings but we got £6m from a player we previously had out on loan due to family issues, brought back, managed a contract extension and then got that fee in the last year of his contract.

I'm not so concerned about our strikeforce with Maupay, Vibe, Flo, Canos and Clarke....but I hope we're at least going to a centre back.

The Jota deal has apparently fallen through.

3 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Fulham's bid for Dwight Gayle has been turned down because we can't find a replacement

I've heard you wanted a swap deal for Tom Cairney but Fulham have refused that.

Our move for Motherwell defender Ben Heneghan looks to have fallen through with a Championship club coming in very late to sign him! A successful day though will mean keeping hold of the likes of Bennett, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Conway, Evans and Graham.

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

If the window shuts and Gayle is still here he must feel like shit being treat like that and having to come in the next day anyway.

Don't think many really think about the fall out for players who don't get the touted moves and as you say how do they then motivate themselves sufficiently after that.. 

4 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Birmingham want Jack Wilshere on loan.

Does Harry do anything on any other day of the year?

Has he been interviewed in his car yet?

4 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Apparently we need to free up wages before we can do anything, and Jordan Mutch is stalling on a move to Burton Albion. What a waste of space he has become.

Surprised we haven't tried our luck if Burton are looking at him. We're looking for a centre mid on loan and he would have been ideal.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Surprised we haven't tried our luck if Burton are looking at him. We're looking for a centre mid on loan and he would have been ideal.

first thing that happened this morning xD 

4 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Apparently we need to free up wages before we can do anything, and Jordan Mutch is stalling on a move to Burton Albion. What a waste of space he has become.

We were linked too but we have so many midfielders and just let Bridcutt go which was a debatable subject. He was quite handy once?

I'm quite shocked Jota has ended up at Brum. Of all the places. Would have loved to have used some of the £15m from Chris Wood to fund that and he would have integrated brilliantly with Saiz, Alioski and Hernandez but doesn't look like he was ever on our radar sadly.

We have signed Pawel Cibicki and Pierre Michel Lasogga from Malmo and Hamburg respectively. Cibicki is a Swedish U21 who switched allegiance from Poland and can play on the wing or up front, whilst Lasogga is an out and out striker who has clearly been brought in as the 'Wood replacement' on an initial loan. His recent goal record is poor however he does apparently have decent pedigree previously.

I can't really moan at the signings we've brought in to date so far, and knowing next to nothing on these two, I'll willingly give both a fair chance. I was secretly hoping we'd make some waves though and sign a proven quality for this league, much like say Gayle who has been the subject of transfer talk.

Heneghan has signed for Sheffield United...it seems we refused to sell them Lenihan so they nicked Heneghan off us at the last minute! I'd far rather than Lenihan though.

Cardiff interested in Feeney...if he is the senior player set to leave that Mowbray has been talking about in recent days then thats a big result for us as 99.9% of fans would not be bothered at all if he left us. He tries hard and has pace, but he is very inconsistent and lacks confidence. There is a good player there somewhere but no manager has really got it out of him.

50 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I think Joe Ledley has been holding out for you guys.

39 minutes ago, Stan said:

Jonny Williams to be loaned out to Sunderland by Palace. Pretty sure he used to be one of @Aaroncpfc favourite players.

I loved him when he first emerged. He came through just after a depressing period and his movement, skill etc was a joy to behold. 

Unfortinately he has always been injury prone and is very fortunate we haven't given up on him. Then he celebrated like an absolute disrespectful prick when England lost to Iceland given all that English football has done for him and I couldn't care less about his career for that reason any more.

He will be absolutely no use for any Championship team any more. He needs an injury free confidence building season at a side like Portsmouth to rebuild his career.

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

That's Benitez for you though, the bloke is a colossal cunt.

It's football, at some clubs, probably particularly ones that have just be promoted, you can't be loyal to those who got you there. I don't think Benitez has done anything other managers wouldn't have done.

I obviously know why you don't like him though, jealous of the fact he took your big rivals to the top of Europe :D

On 26/08/2017 at 0:07 AM, Aaroncpfc said:

What's happened to Pilkington and Noone in the last year? Both used to look like top end Championship players.

Id still take a bullet for O'Keefe. Never was brilliant but never had a bad game. That opposition ranged from Doncaster and Barnsley to United and Chelsea. Always was a solid 7/10.

Thought this would be a good time to reply to this, seeing as two of the three above have seen transfer activity.

Noone was good but has been pretty poor the last season or two with us, and with Hoilett, Harris and Mendez-Laing ahead of him, he was hardly going to get a look in. Noone has now signed for Bolton on a two year deal.

O'Keefe is a strange one. When he had a run in the side under Slade, he looked a useful player (as you said, never a star player but was solid enough), but with Damour (who has been surprisingly good since joining), Ralls and Gunners ahead of him, playing time was minimal. However, we are generally short in midfield, hence the season long loan to Pompey.

Pilkington has been good but others are ahead of him now, both on the wing and up front. I'd imagine he's on a decent wage as well which doesn't help matters. Not left us, but still possible.

On a side note, Declan John has joined Rangers on a season long loan. As I believe he's in his last year as well, I'd imagine he'll stay at Rangers permanently as well (unless he turns out to be shit).

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

We were linked too but we have so many midfielders and just let Bridcutt go which was a debatable subject. He was quite handy once?

At Cardiff City in The PL he looked like he was going to push on to have a career as a solid Premiership midfielder. Since then however he has looked fat, unfit, and shown no technical ability what so ever. At first I could excuse him as a lot of players who went to QPR around the same time as he did seem to have massive set backs in their careers but in two and a half years we have seen no improvement what so ever.

He's in that awkard category of player too where his wages are too high for anybody to gamble on. I imagine we will eventually lose himself, Wickham, Sako, and Chungy all on free transfers for that reason. It's amazing that some of Pardew's transfer business is still effecting us now.

4 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Jota is a good signing by the filth I have to admit. Surely this dents Brentford's inevitable assent to the Premiership?

Yes and no. Jota will score bags of goals, but we planned for him leaving with our Summer signings. I think if Neal Maupay stays fit then he's our new talisman forward, like Jota, Hogan and Gray were.

Alongside him we've got Sergi Canos and Ollie Watkins plus our other wingers. Plus waiting on Alan Judge and Marcondes to join in January, so I don't think we'll lose sleep when it comes to scoring goals.

The biggest issue is our defence and that we just let effectively our skipper go (had to let him go) but not replaced him. We'll be an entertaining side for a neutral to watch that's for sure.

• The title was changed to EFL Transfers & Rumours
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived