talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

And so it begins...the over pricing from the premier league drips down to the championship. 15m for Neves, 15 for Assombalonga....honestly, these clubs best pray they get promoted cause it's retarded spending, especially for Wolves. At least Middlesbrough have the excuse of premier league parachute payments.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Any reason why Bolton have an elephant and castle emoji for this xD

Elephant with a castle on its back has been associated with the town for ages. 

The coat of arms as granted in 1890

We've even had it on the neck of our shirts for the past couple of seasons.

bolton-16-17-kit%2B%25285%2529.JPG

The more you know.

---

Oh, and I'm aware Armstrong took the piss with Coventry when he was with them in League One. Two things:

Is he good enough for the Championship?

Will he ever play for Newcastle United? He's been there forever.

Just signed Ollie Watkins on a 4 year deal, somewhere around the £1m mark. Been after him for a while now so glad to see we got to him first.

Rumours that Forest were after him also.

This also reminded me how many whoppers follow Championship sides and use Twitter, big club syndrome.

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Lucas said:

Matthew Pennington is at Elland Road on a season long loan. Thoughts? @Cannabis @RandoEFC @HK85

At 23 and given his performances when he stepped in last season, I don't think he'll ever be an Everton regular but he's probably one of those players who could step down to the Championship then end up a solid Premier League player later in his career.

I'd suggest there's a chance Pennington will later join on a permanent deal if Leeds proves to be a good fit. He should be a good standard for you anyway. 

23 hours ago, HK85 said:

Any loan for him is a good one because he's not going to get games here. 

Hard to judge him on a handful of games but that performance at Anfield was pathetic. 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

At 23 and given his performances when he stepped in last season, I don't think he'll ever be an Everton regular but he's probably one of those players who could step down to the Championship then end up a solid Premier League player later in his career.

I'd suggest there's a chance Pennington will later join on a permanent deal if Leeds proves to be a good fit. He should be a good standard for you anyway. 

58 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

As others have said, he's looked like a rabbit in the headlights in the Premier League at times and it's little surprise that he's not part of Koeman's plans for the moment. 

Given his age (which is quite old for a "youngster") I can see him joining you permanently if this season turns out OK. He won't get the game time that he needs to develop at Goodison and it'll probably work out as best for both parties if he goes.

All of that said, I hope he does well. He's always given 110% so I'm sure he will turn out to be a decent signing. 

Cheers lads. I'm not bowled over by any means, I must admit that I was surprised he was older than I thought. It will be interesting to see if we use him as a starter or as strength in depth. Someone is fighting for a spot next to Pontus Jansson anyway.

People laughed at us signing Murphy but he scored some big goals for us. The winner in that awful display at Brentford, the goal that got us going after a poor first half against Rotherham and the goal at Huddersfield which knocked the stuffing out of them. Couldn't fault the bloke one bit, really hope he does well at Forest.

21 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

People laughed at us signing Murphy but he scored some big goals for us. The winner in that awful display at Brentford, the goal that got us going after a poor first half against Rotherham and the goal at Huddersfield which knocked the stuffing out of them. Couldn't fault the bloke one bit, really hope he does well at Forest.

I can't remember people laughing on here. Seemed like you were getting a Striker rejuvenated under Mick McCarthy that knew the league well and would be happy to wait for his opportunity.

26 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I can't remember people laughing on here. Seemed like you were getting a Striker rejuvenated under Mick McCarthy that knew the league well and would be happy to wait for his opportunity.

I can't recall on here to be totally honest, but certainly on Twitter we got a lot of people taking the piss. Can't knock him as a signing looking back.

Every mackem I know laughed at us signing Murphy. One in particular who obviously didn't follow what was going on repeatedly said he was shit and a terrible signing even as he was banging them in and taking us to the top of the league.

• The title was changed to EFL Transfers & Rumours 2017

We've signed strikers Dominic Samuel for 500k from Reading and youngster Joe Nuttall on a free after he was released by Aberdeen. Samuel looked a handful in the game at Ewood last season when he scored, but we need to keep him fit as he has had his fitness problems over the last few years.

We've also signed Paul Caddis who has been on trial after leaving Birmingham. He has had a very good pre-season and scored twice against York. He will add much needed competition for youngster Nyambe at RB and also give us options for different formations as he can play wing back. 

Steele (Sunderland), Mulgrew (Sheffield Wed) and Lenihan (Sheffield Utd) all linked with moves away over recent days. Most fans would be happy to accept a decent fee for Steele and promote Raya to number 1, but the other two would be big losses however we'd want big money for them.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Steven Taylor has joined Peterborough United

Remarkably he's only 31. I wonder what he could have been if he wasn't constantly injured and could play more than a dozen games a season.

injuries like this got the better of him

• Subscriber
On 7/17/2017 at 0:28 AM, Aaroncpfc said:

Assombalonga is guaranteed goals at this level. He's got all the attributes to be very succesful in a Gary Monk team. Pace, power, strength, a lethal finish, and performs in big matches. It's like his serious injury never happened. When you consider what happened with Antonio, Deeney etc. who were players you'd argue he was just a yard off at one point or another you'd have fancied him being a regular in The Premier League now if he didn't have his set back.

If Kodija is worth what Villa paid for him I don't see the problem with 'Boro paying that price. It's just Dan pushing his anti-Forest agenda again.

Is he?

No reason to be anti-Forest. They're streets behind us at the minute. I think they've done some very good business there. A lot of money to play with.

On 23/07/2017 at 4:40 PM, Cannabis said:

Funny how they didn't spend the money when they were in the top flight? Unless it wasn't there to spend of course. 

Randolph is an awful 'keeper too, honestly stealing a living. 

Bit harsh that given he forged his way in to the West Ham starting eleven and had a very good campaign at The Euros. He's not spectacular but he still should be a solid signing. 

• The title was changed to EFL Transfers & Rumours
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived