talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

9 hours ago, Danny said:

Yes and no. Jota will score bags of goals, but we planned for him leaving with our Summer signings. I think if Neal Maupay stays fit then he's our new talisman forward, like Jota, Hogan and Gray were.

Alongside him we've got Sergi Canos and Ollie Watkins plus our other wingers. Plus waiting on Alan Judge and Marcondes to join in January, so I don't think we'll lose sleep when it comes to scoring goals.

The biggest issue is our defence and that we just let effectively our skipper go (had to let him go) but not replaced him. We'll be an entertaining side for a neutral to watch that's for sure.

Do you still genuinely believe that you are going to be promoted this season? Goodness me, not a cat in hells chance I'm afraid. 

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Toony said:

Do you still genuinely believe that you are going to be promoted this season? Goodness me, not a cat in hells chance I'm afraid. 

I believe we a good chance of reaching the play offs which I have done all summer. We have a good young squad, outplayed Ipswich, even game against Forest, even game against Wolves who are one of the best sides in the division. It's not gone our way and we've lost when we should have won, conceded goals that were poor to concede but we'll get better at that.

We've just had a slow start to the season, like the past two seasons we'll get a run of form going and will push ourselves up the table. Last season we were around Fulham pointswise, then they took off towards the end and reached the play offs. We don't have to finish in the top 3, we just need to be 6th which I fully believe we're capable of.

Give it the international break, transfer window is now closed, everyone will be focused and we'll work our way up the league.

11 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

At Cardiff City in The PL he looked like he was going to push on to have a career as a solid Premiership midfielder. Since then however he has looked fat, unfit, and shown no technical ability what so ever. At first I could excuse him as a lot of players who went to QPR around the same time as he did seem to have massive set backs in their careers but in two and a half years we have seen no improvement what so ever.

He's in that awkard category of player too where his wages are too high for anybody to gamble on. I imagine we will eventually lose himself, Wickham, Sako, and Chungy all on free transfers for that reason. It's amazing that some of Pardew's transfer business is still effecting us now.

There are two names right there that I'm really surprised haven't had offers or kicked on somewhere else.

Wickham is almost the perfect build for striker and should be someone's main man number 9 banging them in somewhere.

Sako equally has great talent and could really be a useful addition for someone. I've always liked him and I wouldn't have been against a loan move either had we went for it.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

I believe we a good chance of reaching the play offs which I have done all summer. We have a good young squad, outplayed Ipswich, even game against Forest, even game against Wolves who are one of the best sides in the division. It's not gone our way and we've lost when we should have won, conceded goals that were poor to concede but we'll get better at that.

We've just had a slow start to the season, like the past two seasons we'll get a run of form going and will push ourselves up the table. Last season we were around Fulham pointswise, then they took off towards the end and reached the play offs. We don't have to finish in the top 3, we just need to be 6th which I fully believe we're capable of.

Give it the international break, transfer window is now closed, everyone will be focused and we'll work our way up the league.

I can't see it, there's at least 10 teams who are better than you, you've lost 3 starters from your last game all to the same club and you've not won a game yet.

I admire your optimism though, although I think it's more like delusion.

@Lucas

The stumbling block for both them are the same reasons: wages and proneness to injury.

It's hit a point with Wickham where I'm only expecting him to be fully fit for about six games this season. Given he's more than likely being paid within the 40k region I can see why no other team considers him worth the gamble even though he is more than likely still a Premiership quality player when he's fully fit.

As for Sako when he arrived he was a tank with a pretty wicked shot on him. Two years I couldn't tell you what his shot is like because multiple injuries have slowed his game down to the point where by the time he controls the ball somebody has instantly taken the ball off of him. He joined on a free transfer too so his wages will also be far too high for a Championship club too consider.

14 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

As mentioned above, we've signed Feeney from Blackburn as cover on the wing and have also signed Bryson from Derby as well. Both are on loan.

Sorry but xDxDxD he is terrible. Thank you for taking him off our hands for a few months! He tries hard and has pace but rarely gets past his man, puts a decent cross in or scores a goal. The only senior players we have lost this summer have been Feeney, Steele, Lowe, Greer, Akpan and Henley with only really Lowe who will be a bit of a miss. Fantastic transfer window by Mowbray especially bringing in Smallwood, Dack, Chapman and Samuel but to keep hold of Bennett, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Conway, Evans and Graham in League One is amazing!

We brought in two youngsters from the PL - Rekeem Harper on loan from WBA who recently made his PL debut aged just 17 and Sam Hart on a permanent deal from Liverpool. We also brought in Downing from MK Dons on loan to provide CB cover. The squad looks far more balanced, motivated and energetic. Really looking forward to seeing Rekeem Harper playing, he apparently has huge potential.

4 hours ago, roversgirl said:

Sorry but xDxDxD he is terrible. Thank you for taking him off our hands for a few months! He tries hard and has pace but rarely gets past his man, puts a decent cross in or scores a goal.

Considering that he's nothing more more than cover behind Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Harris (when fit) and most likely Ward and even Pilkington as well, I highly doubt he'll get close to starting.

8 hours ago, Toony said:

I can't see it, there's at least 10 teams who are better than you, you've lost 3 starters from your last game all to the same club and you've not won a game yet.

I admire your optimism though, although I think it's more like delusion.

I mean I doubt you've watched us play for a start. We've replaced Jota already with Watkins and Maupay and I believe both will come good, Watkins is class and Maupay is already scoring. We've replaced goal scorers pretty easily now, Donaldson with Gray, Gray went and we had Hogan back from injury, Hogan left and Jota and Vibe stepped up, Jota has left and we now have Vibe, Watkins and Maupay.

We lost Dean but we have 4 other centre backs capable, Dean was not head and shoulders above anyone and it will give Egan and Barbet the chance to push on. Colin lost his starting position to Dalsgaard.

You can call it whatever you want but anyone whose watched us this season will tell you we're as good as anyone they'll play because we have been, we've just hit a bad run of form.

On 02/09/2017 at 0:42 AM, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Considering that he's nothing more more than cover behind Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Harris (when fit) and most likely Ward and even Pilkington as well, I highly doubt he'll get close to starting.

He doesn't get near our 18 when we have a fully fit squad hence why we took up the opportunity to loan him out! Very odd signing by Warnock.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Joe Ledley joins Derby on loan from Palace.

Thoughts @Aaroncpfc?

I didn't think clubs could make loan signings any more outside of the transfer window?

Seems like he's gambled on his reputation and deadline day deals falling through to land himself an opportunity at a better team (like Hal Robson Kanu last summer) but he's fallen flat on his face. 

He's really lost his motivation since The Euros. He's almost unrecognizable from the player he was. Hopefully a new challenge will get him going again.

I was holding out on him going back to Cardiff to rekindle motivation but his wage demands would be a problem.

We have a 22 year old Danish striker playing in the Danish Superligue who is due to join us in January. His name is Emilliano Marcondes, he scored 12 goals last season from an attacking midfield position and so far has 5 goals in 8 games.

Its not the pinnacle of European football, but it has a lot of decent sides in it like Brondby, FC Copenhagen, Kobenhaven and of recent years FC Midtjylland. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the Championship, he's scoring for fun in a division that's not too dissimilar from the Championship. I believe by the time we sign him the likes of Watkins and Maupay will be scoring more often and Canos and Vibe will be fit and pushing our tally up too. I'm looking forward to a positive 2018.

• 2 months later...

We're meant to be in for Sullay Kaikai from Crystal Palace. Not sure what @The Palace Fan has made of him if anything, but we had him on a 6 month loan last season and whilst he was unspectacular he did look like there was a lot of improvement in him and potential for a good Championship player. He signed a long term contract in 2014 which I assume was a four year deal due to end in 2018.

One for @ScoRoss, a month back there was a ridiculous rumour on twitter that we had Adam Rooney playing as a fucking trialist in a B team friendly, now that was a slow news day.

7 hours ago, Danny said:

We're meant to be in for Sullay Kaikai from Crystal Palace. Not sure what @The Palace Fan has made of him if anything, but we had him on a 6 month loan last season and whilst he was unspectacular he did look like there was a lot of improvement in him and potential for a good Championship player. He signed a long term contract in 2014 which I assume was a four year deal due to end in 2018.

One for @ScoRoss, a month back there was a ridiculous rumour on twitter that we had Adam Rooney playing as a fucking trialist in a B team friendly, now that was a slow news day.

I haven't seen much of him since his last loan spell with you guys in all honestly. Still quick but very raw largely because of the lack of game time he's had. He's at an age now where he really needs to push on. A side like Millwall, Brentford or Ipswich would be ideal for him.

• Subscriber
On 9/25/2017 at 9:50 AM, Danny said:

We have a 22 year old Danish striker playing in the Danish Superligue who is due to join us in January. His name is Emilliano Marcondes, he scored 12 goals last season from an attacking midfield position and so far has 5 goals in 8 games.

Its not the pinnacle of European football, but it has a lot of decent sides in it like Brondby, FC Copenhagen, Kobenhaven and of recent years FC Midtjylland. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the Championship, he's scoring for fun in a division that's not too dissimilar from the Championship. I believe by the time we sign him the likes of Watkins and Maupay will be scoring more often and Canos and Vibe will be fit and pushing our tally up too. I'm looking forward to a positive 2018.

Bet it's quite a tight game when those two play each other in the league.

• The title was changed to EFL Transfers & Rumours
On 12/18/2017 at 0:02 PM, Danny said:

Different Adam Rooney from the Aberdeen striker. He seemed confused about it himself when he was asked about it.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived