talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

53 minutes ago, Danny said:

Leeds preparing well for next season but can the players handle another season of Bielsa?

I hope Bielsa lasts another season at Leeds. One day someone will write a great football book containing some amazing anecdotes regarding “El Loco” Bielsa and what happened. I already know of many from his previous clubs.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Danny said:

Leeds preparing well for next season but can the players handle another season of Bielsa?

Yes absolutely.

If anything, last season was a struggle because we had a ridiculous amount of injuries. Hopefully we don't suffer as bad luck as we did on that front so that we have the freedom to rotate and use the squad as we wish.

Mostly everyone has bought into Bielsa's way and I'd like to think we will achieve what we probably deserved last season.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Yes absolutely.

If anything, last season was a struggle because we had a ridiculous amount of injuries. Hopefully we don't suffer as bad luck as we did on that front so that we have the freedom to rotate and use the squad as we wish.

Mostly everyone has bought into Bielsa's way and I'd like to think we will achieve what we probably deserved last season.

Yeah and maybe as you’re a Championship club the players won’t have the ego that some of his previous players may have had.

I do wonder as well if the classic English mentality of working hard over working smart will play into his hands with how much he demands from his players

6 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. Especially with Mowbray keen to strengthen in that area.

Do you rate him? How comes you’re open to selling?

On 06/07/2019 at 14:38, Danny said:

Done deal for £3m apparently 

Not bad for £3M. He's not the best all-rounder but is an excellent shot stopper. Still only 23 mind, no age at all for a keeper, and with experience and decent coaching he could be a very good player.

Given our defence is tragic and we now only have one senior keeper, it isn't a great situation for us. With the possible exception of Paul Robinson we have struggled with goalkeepers for over a decade since Brad Freidel left. David Raya for all his faults genuinely felt at times like a safe long-term option.

Word is we're signing Karl Darlow as a replacement. Starting to get very worried about the season ahead...

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Apparently Villa will pay £12m for Ezri Konsa will go through in the next 24 hours @Danny thoughts? 

Meant to have a £12m release clause, he’s a good defender, still young and raw but will fit into Dean Smith’s style of football

18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I was expecting more a Maupay or Benrahma if there was going to be a Villa raid on Brentford.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Meant to have a £12m release clause, he’s a good defender, still young and raw but will fit into Dean Smith’s style of football

Don’t think we’re done yet both are targets as is Phillips still. 

I’m a little concerned that we’re building a fantastic championship team and need a bit more premier league experience. 

Manga set to go to France for £3m, with Flint moving from Boro for £4m rising to £6m.

Really unsure on this one. We'll be laughing if the ball is launched in the air at us, but we'll be laughed at of anyone attacks us with pace and movement as Morrison and Flint will be slow as shit. Also, Manga is arguably our best centre back.

In saying this, Manga has apparently wanted to return to France for a couple of seasons and was in the last year of his contract. Unlike someone like Pogba though, Manga has been a professional and not kicked off about wanting to leave publicly. 

It's good that we've acted quickly in this case, but we're still in need of a striker or two (with Zohore going and possibly Bogle or Madine as well), a centre mid and a right back at least. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived