Chelsea 3-0 West Brom

Crystal Palace 2-3 Man Utd
Crystal Palace 0-1 Tottenham
Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace 1-1 Newcastle
West Ham 1-1 Crystal Palace

Match Info
Chelsea have only lost 1 home game in their last 20 in all competitions
However, the last 2 home games against The Eagles have resulted in 2-1 victories for the away side
Crystal Palace haven't won in 6 games
The reverse fixture between the two sides also ended 2-1 to Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace could become the first team to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on 3 successive away Premier League trips
Chelsea will remain in 5th place regardless of what happens in this game or other games this weekend
Crystal Palace could jump up all the way to 14th, depending on how other results go, if they win. 

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can't afford to drop any more points, especially at home if we are to put any kind of pressure on the top four. If we start three wingers again i will probably set myself on fire. Also we won't drop the 343 but oh well.

---------------------------------Courtois------------------------------------

Azpilicueta-----------------Cahill--------------------------Rudiger

Zappacosta-------Kante------Drinkwater---------Emerson

------------------Willian----------------Hazard-------------------------

-----------------------------Giroud/Morata-----------------------------

Christensen needs a drop, he has been very poor in the past few games and his mistakes led directly to us conceding (Barca, United, City). Talented, young but very raw and he shouldn't be a starter all the time. 

4 hours ago, True Blue said:

We can't afford to drop any more points, especially at home if we are to put any kind of pressure on the top four. If we start three wingers again i will probably set myself on fire. Also we won't drop the 343 but oh well.

---------------------------------Courtois------------------------------------

Azpilicueta-----------------Cahill--------------------------Rudiger

Zappacosta-------Kante------Drinkwater---------Emerson

------------------Willian----------------Hazard-------------------------

-----------------------------Giroud/Morata-----------------------------

Christensen needs a drop, he has been very poor in the past few games and his mistakes led directly to us conceding (Barca, United, City). Talented, young but very raw and he shouldn't be a starter all the time. 

And you think Cahill as a sweeper will be any better ? xD No offence mate, but I wouldn't touch Cahill, inspite how poor Christensen has been. This will all be good in the long run for the lad, massive learning experience. 

Other than that, your lineup is perfect. I'd be keen to start Morata just to give him some sort of run in. 

Zaha has made a miraculously recovery and is training with Palace. Big fucking surprise 

People say we just exist to annoy Liverpool but i'd argue we piss on Chelsea's chips with similar volume.

I imagine the focus from Monday will still be there, we have players coming fit again, and Lord Wilfried of South Norwood is rumoured to be starting. I'm more confident than I should be.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

People say we just exist to annoy Liverpool but i'd argue we piss on Chelsea's chips with similar volume.

I imagine the focus from Monday will still be there, we have players coming fit again, and Lord Wilfried of South Norwood is rumoured to be starting. I'm more confident than I should be.

also wonder how much focus from Chelsea will be on the Barca game and if you can capitalise on that. Wonder if Conte's team selection will point to the CL match too.

Zaha starts guarantee Palace get something out of it. 

Lad is really starting to get on my nerves. Twice now he comes back from an injury against us whilst other clubs took advantage of facing a Palace team without him. Ignoring the obvious fact we love to make Palace look like Barca to begin with. 

Reckon he could die and miraculously be revived just in time before our game. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

also wonder how much focus from Chelsea will be on the Barca game and if you can capitalise on that. Wonder if Conte's team selection will point to the CL match too.

Would laugh my tits off if both Giroud and Morata start tomorrow. 

Shows a hit of our  gameplan for Barca then. 

20 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Partly true, in the recent years i'd agree. Looking back in the past 30 years 5 win, 4 draws and 13 defeats. Four out the five defeats were since 2014. In all honesty Conte has no excuses not to win tomorrow with Zaha or without him.

Well we need points simple as that... can't help thinking that Conte will have his mind on the Barcelona game midweek and that may help Palace

I wouldn't take anything for granted the way we have been going about things so a draw is not out of the question.. 

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Partly true, in the recent years i'd agree. Looking back in the past 30 years 5 win, 4 draws and 13 defeats. Four out the five defeats were since 2014. In all honesty Conte has no excuses not to win tomorrow with Zaha or without him.

"Looking back in the past thirty years" xD We've only been significant since 2013!

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

"Looking back on the thirty years" xD We've only been significant since 2013!

Haha no clue why i went back that much xD, but yeah in the past 4-5 seasons our record vs Palace is piss. You defeated us this season when you lost seven out of seven without a goal scored. 

Christensen has been poor recently but as Cicero says, with the alternative being Cahill for that position we don't really have a decision to make there. Cahill looks very awkward playing in the middle of a back three and it's a position for a ball playing CB.

In fairness we were all over Palace at Stamford Bridge last season, no idea how they came away with the three points that day, it was just some uncharacteristic defending (for that season) that cost us. One of those performances where you're not annoyed at how the team played but just unhappy we didn't take the chances, performance wise we were good despite the finishing and two moments of poor defending.

I miss Luiz.

Chelsea really can't afford to drop any more points with us being 7 points clear and we could possibly extend that to 10 points if we can beat United. I have a feeling Chelsea will drop points here though they have looked very poor recently and the manager doesn't seem to care.

• Subscriber

Can easily see Palace getting something here for the reasons stated. Chelsea league campaign has completely petered out and I can't see them getting top four now with Spurs and Liverpool's form and United's 9 point advantage over them.

Could do without any more teams below us getting confidence boosting results though so hope Chelsea win 3-0.

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Drinkwater is not all that bad. Least the man can actually run. 

I liked watching Drinkwater at Leicester mate and Cesc can be really frustrating at times but at least he has some composure and quality about him. I don't know what Drinkwater's strong point is other than filling a gap tactically and reading the game,  puts himself about well enough, interceptions work rate etc but that's it.

You know remember that Ross Barkley is a Chelsea player. LOL

Next season Chelsea will have the almighty midfield 'I forgot about them' trio of Drinkwater, Barkley, and probably someone like Ramsey.

• The title was changed to Saturday 10th March - Chelsea 2-1 Crystal Palace
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived