Wycombe vs Cambridge
Yeovil vs Newport

Sunday 11th March, 2018
Championship
Nottm Forest vs Derby, 14.30

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we weren't far from doing the exact same thing against Barnsley on Tuesday. We were 3-0 up at half time, the ref gives them a pen for...........something, and they get a goal deep in injury time. A win's a win but we now have six, arguably, season defining games starting with Brentford on Tuesday. We can't fuck around again.

Shame about Fulham's injury time winner. Looks like Mitrovic has finally found his level.

Draw between Villa and Wolves would be good, though could do with another Wolves goal.

• Administrator

4-1 to Villa :o 

Title race could be closer than some thought?

Cardiff only 3 points behind Wolves now. Probably consolidates Villa's place in the play-offs now too along with Fulham who continue to set the Championship alight. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The wheels are starting to fall off with Wolves. One win in five now, though they are at home to Reading and Burton next.

I hope you come back up.

Pretty sure Cardiff are the only Premier League club Kane has played against and not scored, so want him to break that xD

Would love to see Wolves bottle it 

Even though we're only 8 points off the play offs with a game in hand which could bring it down to 5 (though against Cardiff so probably won't bring it down to 5 xD) I think our play off chances are done now. Yes there are a lot of games to be played still, but we're just not playing well enough to get points. We've a big run in now where we have to play the likes of Bristol City, Sheffield United and Boro and I'd of thought we'd have got a result against most of these before Christmas with the two unbeaten runs we went on...now I think we'll probably take as much points from the games we have left as we'll lose from them.

Selling Vibe was a big hit, but apparently we made £2.5m on him and he's out of contract in the Summer so it was something we had to do. We've now got Maupay, Watkins and Marcondes up front but truth be told only one of them is a natural centre forward, Marcdones likes to drop back and play off the striker and Watkins is more of a wide forward. Maupay was good off the bench but hasn't really taken to starting games.

Sergi Canos has had a but of an up and down season, mix of injuries and just not playing as good as he can at times. Alan Judge not back to his best and I don't think he will be this season, if we can extend his contract that'd be great otherwise we'll probably sell him next January if he starts scoring.

For once though we're going into a Summer window where we don't need to sell any key players, doesn't mean we won't because we will, it's how we strengthen, but last Summer we had Jota in his final year so had to cash in for less than what we could have charged for him. The 15/16 season we lost half of our team. So I'm glad we've got nearly our entire squad signed up until 2020-21 and some with the extra year.

I imagine in the Summer we'll receive bids for Sawyers, Woods, Mepham and Bentley, I can handle losing some of them because I know we'll be selling for big money and we have a history of replacing the players we sell but I really hope we can keep Mepham (subject to a bid from Bournemouth in Jan) and Sawyers. Woods is great in midfield and would walk into any starting eleven in this division, but it's harder to buy goals than it is to buy play dictating midfielders and Sawyers brings goals and assists throughout. Mepham is 20 years old and already looks at ease in this division as well and considering the problems our defence caused us at the beginning of the season I want us to keep him.

Routine win for us in the end even though we weren't at our best. Blackpool worked hard and were well organised, but our quality shone through. When Graham and Mulgrew don't score then Dack and Armstrong too. Its now 7 in 7 for Armstrong and performing much better in terms of goals than I thought he would when we signed him in January. We just have to focus on ourselves rather than Shrewsbury and Wigan, and it's now 9 cup finals to go. Unlike Wigan and Shrewsbury our games are nicely spread out so hopefully that goes in our favour. We still have Harry Chapman to return in the next few weeks too!

10 hours ago, Storts said:

I hope you come back up.

Pretty sure Cardiff are the only Premier League club Kane has played against and not scored, so want him to break that xD

Would love to see Wolves bottle it 

Piss off. We allowed Soldado to score passed us, what more do you want? :61_sob:

We really fucked that up. Only plus side is it put an extra couple of million of that Maddison price tag. Honestly, i think we need to be asking for silly money for him 25-30m.

Their second penalty was never a penalty, but letting a 3-1 lead go and defending like that is unacceptable. We could've been 3 down before we scored the first goal! We just cannot get the balance right between having a solid defence and scoring goals.

I can't remember the last season when we were mid-table in March with the season effectively over. It's pretty demoralising and boring. We've always been getting promoted or relegated

9 minutes ago, Marc said:

We really fucked that up. Only plus side is it put an extra couple of million of that Maddison price tag. Honestly, i think we need to be asking for silly money for him 25-30m.

Their second penalty was never a penalty, but letting a 3-1 lead go and defending like that is unacceptable. We could've been 3 down before we scored the first goal! We just cannot get the balance right between having a solid defence and scoring goals.

I can't remember the last season when we were mid-table in March with the season effectively over. It's pretty demoralising and boring. We've always been getting promoted or relegated

Four penalties in total. xD

Other than the second you mentioned above, were they stonewall or was the ref having a poor game?

I was out last night and my mates brother is an agent of several Midlands players after the game we were having a chat and he said Terry is the driving force behind this Villa team. He sits with the kids at lunch, talk to them about their development and offers advice. Grealish specifically has said he’s the reason I’m doing well he took him aside and told him a few things about how to get on as a pro. 

Hes loved here I love him don’t give a fuck how many birds he runs through he’s a class act. 

I don’t know if he’ll stay on if we go up, I’d love another year out of him. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Piss off. We allowed Soldado to score passed us, what more do you want? :61_sob:

I'd forgotten about that xD

How bad were you when you were last up?!

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I was out last night and my mates brother is an agent of several Midlands players after the game we were having a chat and he said Terry is the driving force behind this Villa team. He sits with the kids at lunch, talk to them about their development and offers advice. Grealish specifically has said he’s the reason I’m doing well he took him aside and told him a few things about how to get on as a pro. 

Hes loved here I love him don’t give a fuck how many birds he runs through he’s a class act. 

I don’t know if he’ll stay on if we go up, I’d love another year out of him. 

If I had to think of one poster that would love John Terry, you'd have been top of the list :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Storts said:

If I had to think of one poster that would love John Terry, you'd have been top of the list :ph34r:

I’m guessing this is because of the Anton Ferdinand incident.

I just don’t buy that a bloke that when he was at Chelsea paid for the driving lessons and haircuts of the entire Academy roster and took the time to offer advice and words of encouragement to them when they themselves will be multiple nationalities and various different backgrounds and skin colours would be a racist. 

It’s partly because I don’t believe Anton Ferdinand, he’s a known whiny coke sniffing moaning cunt who’s always been a bit of an arrogant party loving cunt, it’s why his career tanked. More happy roasting young drunk girls than applying himself to his profession. Rio is another arrogant whiny cunt in real life, a total whopper apparently. 

Terry was fucked from the start the FA couldn’t do anything other than find him guilty because otherwise would have started an “institutional racism” fuss. Somebody in your game knows well the value of PR and the FA are no different. 

That’s not to say Terry is an angel he most definitely is a cocksman that puts it about, I’ve been told before by lads I know in the game he was one of several hanging out the back of the Doctor, we all know about Wayne Bridges Mrs.

He could well be a wind up merchant on the pitch and I wouldn’t be superised if a kid from the east end used the term “black cunt” but something about that whole incident just seemed off to me. Didn’t he once piss in a bush at Heathrow pissed up to? 

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

But it was quite clear he called him a black cunt?

Yes but Terry said he was repeating what Ferdinand had accused him of saying. 

I I remember correctly Terry said it went like this

Anton “who you calling a fucking black cunt”

Terry “I never called you a fucking black cunt”

It’s Anton’s word against Terry’s, Ashley Cole walked across him so you couldn’t see what was said before the clearly visible “fucking black cunt” bit. 

It may well have been “fuck you you....FBC” or “I hate you you...FBC” we’ll never know I suppose.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if he said horrible things on the pitch to opponents many players still do that all the time, we’ll never really no. 

I just tend to give him the benefit of the doubt based on how I’ve heard he acts with younger players etc. I can’t see a racist buying young black players haircuts or driving lessons. Something just doesn’t sit right on this issue for me. 

Having said that though he’s clearly no angel I could well be wrong this isn’t a staunch defence 

10 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Four penalties in total. xD

Other than the second you mentioned above, were they stonewall or was the ref having a poor game?

Our first one was outside the area, our second was a pen, their first was very soft and their second was never a pen. For their second pen we cleared the ball from a free-kick and the ref blew his whistle. All of their and our players were walking out because I imagine everyone thought he gave us a free kick or offside then he gives a pen. I guess he gave it for holding in the box or something but no appeals and you can't see anything on the replay.

Poor game in summary lol

• The topic was unpinned

Archived