talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham Fans vs The Board

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Should they wait until the damage is terminal then before airing their dissatisfaction?

What do you define as terminal though? 

Basically they're moaning because the owners promised them this and that, and that the new stadium would take them on to Champions League football etc. but if they were being pragmatic they'd realise that was highly unlikely to happen. They're an awful fanbase.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Should they wait until the damage is terminal then before airing their dissatisfaction?

Is there any suggestion any of this (what this is, is debatable anyway, like the West Ham Way, no one is really sure) is terminal or is it just a case of West Ham being at their natural level, albeit in a different home, despite the fans living in a make believe world? 

9 minutes ago, Storts said:

What do you define as terminal though? 

Basically they're moaning because the owners promised them this and that, and that the new stadium would take them on to Champions League football etc. but if they were being pragmatic they'd realise that was highly unlikely to happen. They're an awful fanbase.

7 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Is there any suggestion any of this (what this is, is debatable anyway, like the West Ham Way, no one is really sure) is terminal or is it just a case of West Ham being at their natural level, albeit in a different home, despite the fans living in a make believe world? 

Like I said in a previous post, I don't like to judge fans protesting without knowing the full details. What I will say is that Brady, Sullivan and Gold have always seemed like snidey cunts and no one can actually believe they have the best interests of that club at heart. The stadium move never seemed like a good idea either. 

You both obviously have a dislike of West Ham so you're obviously going dismiss certain things that they're unhappy with which is what I was getting at in my original post in this topic.

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

Like I said in a previous post, I don't like to judge fans protesting without knowing the full details. What I will say is that Brady, Sullivan and Gold have always seemed like snidey cunts and no one can actually believe they have the best interests of that club at heart. The stadium move never seemed like a good idea either. 

You both obviously have a dislike of West Ham so you're obviously going dismiss certain things that they're unhappy with which is what I was getting at in my original post in this topic.

I agree with you about Brady, Sullivan and Gold, and I said in my earlier posts I definitely could sympathise with their dislike of them. 

However they bought into the lies, and any pragmatic fan would have realised it wasn't as simple as they have said. By all means voice your disproval of them, but not entirely sure their arguments are any deeper than being lied to...because they're at their level or not far off it - and stadium move or not it was going to take a lot more than that to elevate them to a level they have very rarely been at in their history. 

22 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What exactly have I dismissed? In my opinion, I find it hard to sympathise for a fan base that got so behind the move to the Olympic Stadium, despite being presented with the facts that football and Olympic Stadiums doesn’t work. 

Them not spending money? Have they ever spent much? For as long as I’ve been alive, they’ve been a club that spends minimal amounts before selling at a profit. That’s not changed, they’re still spending minimal amounts and still selling at profit (Payet). 

Their league position? 11th, 7th, 12th, 13th, 10th, 20th, 17th, 9th, 10th, 15th. That’s West Ham’s last ten Premier League finishes, that makes an average finish of 12th. Granted they’re 16th and I can understand the discontent at being four places below their average but we’re not talking a massive drop, are we? It’s not like we’re talking about a side that consistently finished in the European places or even the top half of the table, this is a side that is average, the stats point them out as a mid-table side, so I find it hard to side with some of their fans. 

The ‘West Ham Way’? There’s a piece in Sam Allardyce’s autobiography about when he took charge and spoke to three or four of the previous West Ham managers to discuss the ‘West Ham Way’ and he and all of those he spoke to were dumbfounded at this and nobody could put their finger on what that was. It’s delusions of grandeur from West Ham’s fans, they don’t play football any better than most Premier League sides and certainly not anywhere near as good as the top six teams. 

The owners? Yeah, they’ve lied but show me a Football club owner that hasn’t and I’ll show you a liar. They’re business people, as are most Football club owners and though that’s a bit crap and fans should really have more of a say in their club, that’s not going to change. Business people make business decisions, they don’t always make decisions that fans like.

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

What exactly have I dismissed? In my opinion, I find it hard to sympathise for a fan base that got so behind the move to the Olympic Stadium, despite being presented with the facts that football and Olympic Stadiums doesn’t work. 

Them not spending money? Have they ever spent much? For as long as I’ve been alive, they’ve been a club that spends minimal amounts before selling at a profit. That’s not changed, they’re still spending minimal amounts and still selling at profit (Payet). 

Their league position? 11th, 7th, 12th, 13th, 10th, 20th, 17th, 9th, 10th, 15th. That’s West Ham’s last ten Premier League finishes, that makes an average finish of 12th. Granted they’re 16th and I can understand the discontent at being four places below their average but we’re not talking a massive drop, are we? It’s not like we’re talking about a side that consistently finished in the European places or even the top half of the table, this is a side that is average, the stats point them out as a mid-table side, so I find it hard to side with some of their fans. 

The ‘West Ham Way’? There’s a piece in Sam Allardyce’s autobiography about when he took charge and spoke to three or four of the previous West Ham managers to discuss the ‘West Ham Way’ and he and all of those he spoke to were dumbfounded at this and nobody could put their finger on what that was. It’s delusions of grandeur from West Ham’s fans, they don’t play football any better than most Premier League sides and certainly not anywhere near as good as the top six teams. 

The owners? Yeah, they’ve lied but show me a Football club owner that hasn’t and I’ll show you a liar. They’re business people, as are most Football club owners and though that’s a bit crap and fans should really have more of a say in their club, that’s not going to change. Business people make business decisions, they don’t always make decisions that fans like.

Like I said, I don't know enough about their situation. You obviously know a lot more than me but I'm pretty sure their fans will know a lot more than you do. As I alluded to in a previous post, other fans judging when they don't know the ins and outs was something that pissed me off when Liverpool were in a situation with our owners. West Ham fans may have a case, they may not but I don't think it's for others on the outside to judge to be honest

5 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Don’t think so. Matchday prices are as you’d expect for Premier League Football but season tickets did go down, I believe. 

That sounds like prices going down to me

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I don't think it was massive, think the biggest cut was the kids prices.

You're right - season tickets were reduced quite a lot, particularly kids prices, match day tickets stayed relatively high, but there's such a small number of them because of the number of ST holders that they don't see the effect of that. They barely make any more because they've lost value on the ST prices they had at the Boleyn. 

22 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Did you forget the Allardyce years? When he left they wanted a manager that played "their way", which I can only assume is pretty shit football.

I've never met one, only people like yourself going around saying "they" all the time. 

As for Allardyce, one of the worst away team managers in the history of the Premier League. No matter how well he does on a league table he will still be shit away from home which eventually leads to fans believing what if, what if we actually tried away from home. No inherhit club delusion, just the Allardyce experience.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

I've never met one, only people like yourself going around saying "they" all the time. 

As for Allardyce, one of the worst away team managers in the history of the Premier League. No matter how well he does on a league table he will still be shit away from home which eventually leads to fans believing what if, what if we actually tried away from home. No inherhit club delusion, just the Allardyce experience.

I've know loads and they all bang on about that and the World Cup - although the two things go hand in hand 

7 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Fair play West Ham. 

Good to see a set of fans standing up to their shite board and doing something positive in the way of getting the cunts out. Beats the Newcastle approach of filling the owners pocket and posting nasty things inboxed twitter.

Have they actually done anything to make them leave the club though? Surely the best action to forced the board to leave would be to boycott games and affect the club financially?

West Ham have confirmed they will hand lifetime bans to those fans who invaded the pitch and threw missiles during the 3-0 defeat to Burnley on Saturday.

Four separate pitch invasions interrupted the game at the London Stadium, and co-owner David Sullivan was hit by a coin and forced to leave the directors' box, as hundreds of supporters congregated below in protest at the club's board.

The Football Association has given West Ham until the end of the week to provide their observations on the unrest, and the Hammers have vowed to work alongside the authorities in order to identify those involved in the violence.

Moyes has taken the players on a training camp to Miami xD

i thiught it was a windup, maybe it is from Moyes. A flight of that length, with jet lag etc surely isn’t going to beneficial.  There’s pictures of them chilling on the beach. What were they thinking? It just creates more bad press.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Marc said:

Moyes has taken the players on a training camp to Miami xD

i thiught it was a windup, maybe it is from Moyes. A flight of that length, with jet lag etc surely isn’t going to beneficial.  There’s pictures of them chilling on the beach. What were they thinking? It just creates more bad press.

the length of the trip is questionable but they definitely do need some team bonding and to get away from all the vilification from the fans over here. 

No doubt there's pictures of them chilling but you'd think (or hope as a West Ham fan) that there's some worthwhile training going on which is going to be publicised as much.

But of course, they could have chosen somewhere around the Med or somewhere in Southern Europe where no doubt it's going to be just as warm as Miami and have less impact flight-wise/time-wise.

• Subscriber

I find it understandable that they've gone away to be honest. Perfectly normal for Premier League clubs to do this when there's a gap in the fixture list. Fans just want another excuse to kick off to be honest.

I understand that West Ham fans are angry and they should direct that anger at the owners as is their right as a fan base but unless they want to be chilling in the Championship next season they need to get behind the team on the pitch and not allow the atmosphere at home to become as poisonous as it was against Burnley.

I did find it weird they went to Miami but then it's only 5-6 hour time difference, as long as they get back a few days before their next kick off they'll be fine.

These sorts of trips tend to do the clubs well, players get out of the spotlight, relax with family, everyone gets on with each other. As long as there's nothing stupid happening it'll probably set the rest of their season up nicely.

They should have went somewhere closer, somewhere that doesn't scream "party" either. 

They need to do something however to improve team morale and bonding. This might be the thing that keeps them up, or like West Brom, it might be an absolute waste of time and resources. 

Bad timing, but it's done with the best intentions. Don't agree with the wives and families going though, that's too much of a distraction. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Danny said:

I did find it weird they went to Miami but then it's only 5-6 hour time difference, as long as they get back a few days before their next kick off they'll be fine.

These sorts of trips tend to do the clubs well, players get out of the spotlight, relax with family, everyone gets on with each other. As long as there's nothing stupid happening it'll probably set the rest of their season up nicely.

It's actually only 4 hours right now because their clocks went forward last weekend and ours still haven't. 

Archived