talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Important Community Notice

football forum

Within the last 24 hours it's been bought to the my attention that inappropriate comments have been aimed towards a new member of our community that has now left due to comments made to them due to their gender.

In light of this, any member found making comments that any clearly unwanted towards another member because of their race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age is going to be dealt with an outright suspension at the length of Staff's discretion. Members tenure and credibility will not be taken in to account.

We are working tirelessly to promote talkfootball365 across social media to improve our brand and grow the community. A lot of time and effort has gone in to this as we want to be able to provide the best platform possible for previous members of TFF and any new members that come on board.

We have noticed that when a new member arrives, more often than not, they are being singled out by established members which will no doubt make them feel isolated and less inclined to get involved. 

The forum as it stands can only exist with it's member base. At the moment we can only stay alive by ad revenue and donations. Donation money that is also being used to try and bring in new members as well as keep the forum alive. So when a new members comes in, it's not only just letting the efforts of the Staff down, but those who have worked hard and used their spare income to help the forum grow also.

We are passionate about making this community grow and for that to happen we all need to respect all members of the forum, new and existing.

If anybody wants to discuss this matter feel free to private message myself or one of the other staff members.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

About time the Staff stepped up on this one. Fully agree with the approach. Hope this includes anti-semitism because in the past I've reported things and has been clearly ignored

Agreed,

If we are ever going to grow then we are not doing ourselves any favours by discouraging new members in that fashion... Having a pop or a fallout at established members who we have known for some time is one thing as we have a tendency to forgive and forget or take it as the joke it was meant to be but for someone new it can all seem a bit hostile and personal.. I don't expect us to treat people with kid gloves as it is a forum after all and would expect people to stand up for themselves but we should be easing people in and let them get used to us first while they find their feet.. 

If they turn out to be bogus accounts or don't add anything worth while to the forum then we have other ways of dealing with it... 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

All reported posts are investigated by staff and receive punishment where appropriate. 

That's actually not true - certainly not on TFF with similar staff - but I hope this is a turning point. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I can't speak for TFF as I obviously wasn't staff on there (an absolutely travesty I know). I can confirm however that on TF365 we've looked at every single incident that's been flagged up and taken action where needed. 

That's good - incidents I'm referring to generally happened on TFF. Glad initiative is being taken. 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

That's good - incidents I'm referring to generally happened on TFF. Glad initiative is being taken. 

I've seen so many posts deleted. Mine included. I have my nit picks but the staff here has stepped up when needed.

I’ll probably fall foul of this at some point not because I’m abusive outright but because if I’m abused I fire back.

So I have a small issue.

If this is about the Man U fan that spelt like a a teenager texting, then I don’t think asking to post of a decent standard was out of order. I also think that she gave it out initially and running off and crying about it then leaving once she got it back was typical victim hood 101.  I think threatening to ban over this is over zealous. 

I appreciate you want a forum where people can feel safe and don’t want personal abuse but I think you also need a forum where you can’t start telling long established members they need to watch their p’s & q’s when new members get uppity outta the gate and start throwing around insults themselves. 

If it was indeed this particular incident that has inspired this then I don’t think we’ve lost a solid member, I know you wish to grow but you must grow in the correct way with members who don’t just give it out and run off being a victim after. 

As l‘m giving straight as I see it I also found FOYM’s creeping akin to those type of blokes that loiter around feminism groups trying to arse lick their way into their knickers a bit seedy. 

Im not being contrary I’m just calling it as I see it, I’m not looking for a debate over this can staff just note my comments and take them on board when figuring out how best to manage the forum. 

Which granted I appreciate isn’t easy 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I’ll probably fall foul of this at some point not because I’m abusive outright but because if I’m abused I fire back.

So I have a small issue.

If this is about the Man U fan that spelt like a a teenager texting, then I don’t think asking to post of a decent standard was out of order. I also think that she gave it out initially and running off and crying about it then leaving once she got it back was typical victim hood 101.  I think threatening to ban over this is over zealous. 

I appreciate you want a forum where people can feel safe and don’t want personal abuse but I think you also need a forum where you can’t start telling long established members they need to watch their p’s & q’s when new members get uppity outta the gate and start throwing around insults themselves. 

If it was indeed this particular incident that has inspired this then I don’t think we’ve lost a solid member, I know you wish to grow but you must grow in the correct way with members who don’t just give it out and run off being a victim after. 

As l‘m giving straight as I see it I also found FOYM’s creeping akin to those type of blokes that loiter around feminism groups trying to arse lick their way into their knickers a bit seedy. 

Im not being contrary I’m just calling it as I see it, I’m not looking for a debate over this can staff just note my comments and take them on board when figuring out how best to manage the forum. 

It was the asking for pictures more so than the way the posts were being made which was not sitting right :) . 

19 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

So I have a small issue.

Mate, are you trying to make me spit my coffee out in laughter? 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

It was the asking for pictures more so than the way the posts were being made which was not sitting right :) . 

In that case then Stan to save people like me getting the wrong end of the stick. Can a staff member not just call it outright there and then to whom it’s directed at and why rather than this passive aggressive style approach after the fact? 

I’m not being awkward I’m just trying to suggest a way that it would work better for us all. Just come in the thread and say “fairy I don’t like that, it’s abusive to so & so please stop or I’ll give you a day off”

personally I’d appreciate that style. Maybe even operate a yellow / red card system over a topic or time period. 

For example you could have said “foym no picture requests yellow card” then he knows to stop, if he carry’s in let him get a red and a 2-3 day ban. 

Anyway I’m just giving you feedback and hopefully food for thought 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

In that case then Stan to save people like me getting the wrong end of the stick. Can a staff member not just call it outright there and then to whom it’s directed at and why rather than this passive aggressive style approach after the fact? 

I’m not being awkward I’m just trying to suggest a way that it would work better for us all. Just come in the thread and say “fairy I don’t like that, it’s abusive to so & so please stop or I’ll give you a day off”

personally I’d appreciate that style. Maybe even operate a yellow / red card system over a topic or time period. 

For example you could have said “foym no picture requests yellow card” then he knows to stop, if he carry’s in let him get a red and a 2-3 day ban. 

Anyway I’m just giving you feedback and hopefully food for thought 

I didn't see it as it happened but if I'm not mistaken, members were told (in general, as there was more than one 'request', so to speak) at the time to cut it out and there were some posts hidden/removed through it all as well.

Appreciate the feedback though. 

I think the fact that we've given this notice can be a yellow card as we need to operate a zero tolerance aspect on it :)

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

I didn't see it as it happened but if I'm not mistaken, members were told (in general, as there was more than one 'request', so to speak) at the time to cut it out and there were some posts hidden/removed through it all as well.

Appreciate the feedback though. 

I think the fact that we've given this notice can be a yellow card as we need to operate a zero tolerance aspect on it :)

I didn’t realise there were posts removed. 

Anyway appreciate you hearing me out on this one, I’ll say no more. 

6 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Did we bully someone out of existence again?

Almost... Spike was picking on me in the Chelsea v Palace thread so I dobbed him in to powers that be but in all honesty I nearly left the forum in disgust.. 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Almost... Spike was picking on me in the Chelsea v Palace thread so I dabbed him in to powers that be but in all honesty I nearly left the forum in disgust.. 

Aren't you a bit old to be doing that?

20 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Almost... Spike was picking on me in the Chelsea v Palace thread so I dobbed him in to powers that be but in all honesty I nearly left the forum in disgust.. 

freakin again?

2 hours ago, Stan said:

I get this and I'm not advocating to broaden it,  but for everybody its also worth considering that people who are new to forums  (or even to a particular forum) are raw and have not gone through the learning curve and maturing process that most users on here have. So we should give them the benefit of the doubt and a bit of time to get up to speed rather than drive them away in a relatively elitist manner if their initial posts are pretty ignorant. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived