talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Important Community Notice

football forum

12 minutes ago, Storts said:

xD

alright perve, even that username screams it. 

Whatever you want to believe. 

My username is this because it's what I was know as on TFF. I was a bellend 18 year old when I made my profile. 👌

But whatever you want to believe.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, FOYM said:

My name mentioned many times but not once with a '@' so I'm notified that I'm being talked about. 

I think everybody would appreciate less of the bullshit beating around the bush happening here. It's clearly an issue with what I said.

Now, I'm going to start off with an apology to anybody who I may have offended by what I said. I wasn't serious, it was clearly a joke in the context of the post BUT I appreciate that it has fallen flat and in turn I'm being made out to be some sort of pervert by many of you on here. 

That being said, I don't believe that I was the reason she left this forum. I think it was @Storts & @DeadLinesman getting on her back over spelling. Not once was it mentioned to her that it was a rule of the forum. Instead, she received some abuse from both members I've mentioned and like anybody she reacted with basically a 'fuck you' and it spiralled.

I've nothing else to say than it was obviously just a bit of banter on my part and that I regret if it's any part of the reason she has left. 

If we’re now counting ‘stop text talking, it’s fucking annoying’ as abuse, please take me off this planet. She told me to ‘grow up’ for telling her to spell correctly. Not going to sit very well with me of all people is it? Again, could have been handled better but her posts looked annoying as fuck and I’m pretty certain you were the first to post that, even before I got involved. 

In fact, the post said ‘Claredactyl is already annoying. U got pic tho?’

I’m happy to admit as staff I could have said ‘it’s the rules don’t text talk’. 100% certain she wouldn’t have given two fucks though. Let’s not pretend the first person to call her annoying wasn’t you though mate. Is that realistically a good welcome? Nah, didn’t think so.

For the record, she absolutely left because of me and that little spat. I genuinely think she glossed over that post from you.

11 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Agreed. Whether people recognise it or not, they subconsciously adapt to posting styles based on longetivity and tend to improve as a result 

I think some people need to look at me as a genuine example.

I first joined TFF at the end of 2013, but I didn't really post very much and I quickly stopped using the site. I came back in 2014, and got a few posts in and decided to stick around. I was new to forums and I didn't exactly knew how they worked. I didn't know the abuse was so evident as well as posting styles, and with me being an immature 16 year old lad, that didn't bode well as I also didn't know it was mostly adults on these sites.

Things didn't go well, and the story doesn't need a retelling as we all know how it went for me. Yelling at well established and more mature members like Moaty acting like a child was a mistake, the long bold prediction threads not knowing how to handle the bait. It wasn't a great time. I bring all this up because I still wouldn't leave the forum, it kind of felt a "one way in, no way out" thing. I established myself on there and found it hard to actually leave. That's gotta be the trick really. It all sounds so silly, and it is but that's just how I feel. Not everyone is going to be the same but once they establish themselves on the board, they'll treat it as another part of social media. Its even better if they have a genuine passion for football, like I had.

Now, I'd like to think I've improved but that's for you guys to judge, not me. I'm just summing up my general thoughts, I was an idiot when I first joined, but it was my first forums and I was still a 16 year old lad in fairness. I'm 20 now, and while I do think I have ways to go, I'm happy with how I have progressed. Not everyone who joins will be that age.

Just now, Stan said:

Which account we talking about Brian? 

And what about the messages on Twitter begging to delete your account or to unban you :ph34r:

Obvious question (the first one)

I stopped those before I turned 18 xD

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Blue said:

Obvious question (the first one)

I stopped those before I turned 18 xD

i don't think you realised (at the time) how annoying and beggy and desperate they were!

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

If we’re now counting ‘stop text talking, it’s fucking annoying’ as abuse, please take me off this planet. She told me to ‘grow up’ for telling her to spell correctly. Not going to sit very well with me of all people is it? Again, could have been handled better but her posts looked annoying as fuck and I’m pretty certain you were the first to post that, even before I got involved. 

I’m happy to admit as staff I could have said ‘it’s the rules don’t text talk’. 100% certain she wouldn’t have given two fucks though. Let’s not pretend the first person to call her annoying wasn’t you though mate. Is that realistically a good welcome? Nah, didn’t think so.

For the record, she absolutely left because of me and that little spat. I genuinely think she glossed over that post from you.

Two font sizes you absolute melt.

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I'm not taking blame away from myself. I think that part of the reason will have been me, I don't think she glossed over it like you said. 

I think we can agree that we all could have handled things a whole lot better.

• Administrator

We're going round in circles now.

I think everyone involved has realised where they went wrong and hopefully everyone would have learnt their lesson as a result. Time to draw a line under it and move on.

:) 

41 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

For some reason this thread has made think of that kid from Nuneaton (I think) who said he’d rather walk to London than get a train. 

Is that little Trinidadian fucker here now? He was a right annoying little arsehole on the old board. 

41 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Yes, @FCBNick

No, the one who said he'd walk to London was our very own CFCLOYAL.

Or that new member was to to fragile. This is the world of Internet !

Look at me being a Pakistani and a Muslim doesn't make one of the most likeable fellows but three years and i am still here but hardly anyone knows me though :coffee:

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived