talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jamie Carragher Caught Spitting at United Fans

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

Would be sad to see him go from Sky Sports and he probably doesn't deserve to either in my opinion.

It has become the norm now for people in all walks of life to pounce on anything remotely interesting or controversial.. It's not like the old days where what you said or did was just a rumour if the local rags were not in attendance to capture the incident as it was happening... Nowadays everybody is a mini journalist just reaching for the phone in their back pocket to record every detail of what goes on. 

People who are in the media spotlight whether that be Sports personalities or Politicians etc, need to to remember they are nearly always going to be getting attention whenever they go out shopping or to restaurants or functions even if it's unwanted as it goes with the territory.. You say he doesn't deserve it but in the grand scheme of things where we are trying to be better examples to kids it's completely unacceptable. Spitting is the lowest of the low to me... 

Do you think my place of work would find it acceptable if while getting loads of crap from one of the Senior Managers in our morning meeting I decided that as I was not happy about it because what happened was not my fault or that I was not having a good day that on leaving I just gobbed straight at him as a show of my disdain??? I don't think I would be in a job very long no matter how many times I said sorry... I can't think of many that would consider that an acceptable situation in any walk of life... 

What you would think they might have learnt by now which is the most baffling is to hold all that frustration in and be calm under fire then when they get home vent all their anger by kicking a few chairs around, next doors cat or having a good half hour on the punchbag.. We are only human and we all say or do things we regret at certain points in our lives but most of us don't end up plastered all over the internet for doing it.. People like him do

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I actually like Carragher as a pundit so I'll be pretty annoyed if they sack him over this. Idiotic move from him obviously and a strange reaction (I mean honestly who actually thinks of spitting as a reaction before telling someone to fuck off?) and I can see why they'd give him the boot but it's not for the benefit of punditry if we end up with more Jamie Redknapp or Danny Murphy in his place.

I don't see how he can keep such a high profile job at Sky, it's a shame because I like him as an analyst and we will end up with a mouth piece like Redknapp in his place, but he deserves the sack and more.

There doesn't seem to be any talk of police involvement. Surely it's common assault. 

Two things I don't get. As Rando said above who even thinks of spitting?! And all the guy said was '2-1 haha'. If we lose to ipswich i'd have people saying the score to me for fucking months and visa versa. 

Kirsty Gallagher kept her job though so you never know. Oh and the geezer with the phone is clearly a chavvy cunt and deserves his 6 points and a fine, but that shouldn't detract the attention away from the despicable act of spitting.

Just now, Marc said:

I don't see how he can keep such a high profile job at Sky, it's a shame because I like him as an analyst and we will end up with a mouth piece like Redknapp in his place, but he deserves the sack and more.

There doesn't seem to be any talk of police involvement. Surely it's common assault. 

Two things I don't get. As Rando said above who even thinks of spitting?! And all the guy said was '2-1 haha'. If we lose to ipswich i'd have people saying the score to me for fucking months and visa versa. 

Carragher has said there was more than that said prior to filming, whether that's bollocks we'll never know. 

Still, there's no justification. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Marc said:

begs the question if this was all that was said...

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Carragher has said there was more than that said prior to filming, whether that's bollocks we'll never know. 

Still, there's no justification. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

begs the question if this was all that was said...

Well that guy specifically only just beeped his horn and wound down the window so I doubt he said anything else, but the '4 or 5' people before that apparently said stuff to him may have said worse stuff.

Regardless, it doesn't really matter what they were saying, it's no justification

He’s sacked IMO and he deserves it, really. Knows he’s in the public eye and could probably see the camera phone there, too, but then again, this is the bloke that lost his head when someone threw a coin at him. 

I’m not having it that the bloke only said “2-1” repeatedly to him, there’s no way a a bloke who’s played hundreds of games at Premier League level reacts like that from someone saying two numbers. But then again, there’s no way we’ll ever know. If Carragher says it, it just looks like sour grapes and this United fan is going to think he’s got an added bonus by getting a popular Liverpool legend sacked. 

3 hours ago, Storts said:

You were the one I was after so thanks for that.

Plenty of exceptional content has been posted this weekend. I just like to have some fun with you as well, and thankfully Liverpool fans like to take the bait

You sad little man. 

found a better footage ..........

JAMIE !!!!   2-1 MATE !!! 2-1 !!!   UNLUCKY DAY MEE-LAD ?!?!   2-1 !!!!

we don't know if the people inside the car is giving him the Finger but still,  with that so little goading and he let himself blow like that.   it's kinda low.   and he should be used to it by now since he's working in the broadcasting industry.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

what's with the dad's reaction right at the end?!

5000 likes and 2500 re tweets that what that sound was... If he hadn't been driving and holding a camera at the same time he would have probably been rubbing his hands together with devious joy... 

Would be difficult to have him as a pundit now so I can't see Sky bringing him back talking about how players shouldn't react and calling them stupid. It's always hypocritical when most pundits say it but this is too much of an obvious case that will be mentioned everytime he comments on altercations.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, FOYM said:

You sad little man. 

I guess I could just ask every woman on the internet for pictures or talk about my latest break up for kicks but each to their own 

1 minute ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Fans spitting at their rivals fans is pretty common. His reaction is the result of that culture lingering in the mind and bursting out in a split second. Most of us are probably capable of this fuck up.

I really couldn’t agree less with this. 

On a serious note I think white hot anger flares in all of us when we’re pushed and we’re all capable of rash momentary actions we instantly regret as they’ve been actions we would normally class as disgraceful. 

I know I’ve lost my rag and said shit I don’t mean to lash out In anger to hurt someone. I’ve had a few digs come back of it too lol. I’d like to think I’d never spit but in those moments you don’t think it’s the seconds immediately after that you calibrate what you’ve done.  

on that alone I can empathise with Carragher. However he’s done at sky, he has to be society doesn’t allow accommodation for this sort of thing, the righteous indignation of sheeple is at play here. He can’t pass comment on various actions because the supposed moral superiority we attribute to folk on the television has now been stripped away. 

People the length & breath of the country will be saying “fuck off spitting image”and making the wanker sign at him when he’s on tv, & he criticises players in their team. Sky won’t have that, like Angus Deacon in have I got news for you his credibility is shot he’s done. 

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

A man of any age should be able to walk, or in this case, drive, near a Football fan of another team and not feel the need to spit at them. 

That has nothing whatsoever to do with my post. You have grossly misinterpreted an explanation of how easy something can happen as a view that it is somehow a just thing to happen.

14 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

That has nothing whatsoever to do with my post. You have grossly misinterpreted an explanation of how easy something can happen as a view that it is somehow a just thing to happen.

How easy it can happen? Easy? EASY? I think that says a lot more about you as a person than as an explanation of this incident. Spitting isn't normal, nor is it a regular snap decision for the vast majority of the country. 

Archived