talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jamie Carragher Caught Spitting at United Fans

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Fans spitting at their rivals fans is pretty common. His reaction is the result of that culture lingering in the mind and bursting out in a split second. Most of us are probably capable of this fuck up.

Yeah I also couldn't agree less with this.

I've never seen a football fan spit at a rival fan, no way is it common. And I don't believe I would ever spit at anyone either,

1 hour ago, Storts said:

I guess I could just ask every woman on the internet for pictures or talk about my latest break up for kicks but each to their own 

When I start to milk that joke as much as you do with your "fishing shit" then you can come back and use it against me. 

No idea what my posts in the RELATIONSHIP section has to do with this, you that desperate to get on up on me? 

I'll say it again. You sad little man. Its a shame you have three or four hyenas that think your desperate attempts at baiting is hilarious. You'd be completeĺy irrelevant on this forum if it weren't for them.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, FOYM said:

When I start to milk that joke as much as you do with your "fishing shit" then you can come back and use it against me. 

No idea what my posts in the RELATIONSHIP section has to do with this, you that desperate to get on up on me? 

I'll say it again. You sad little man. Its a shame you have three or four hyenas that think your desperate attempts at baiting is hilarious. You'd be completeĺy irrelevant on this forum if it weren't for them.

I'm going to leave it because it's clearly very easy to get under your skin, and it's not really worth it. 

I'm not really sure why or how it gets to you so much - but I hope everything is okay with you. Always assumed it was a bit of light hearted give and take, which it usually is with most people and certainly I thought it was with you previously but obviously there is some underlying issue there with you towards me, so I will just leave it there.

I wish you all the best in your endeavours. 

I actually like you as a member, but it just seems lately like all you've co trubuted is the baiting crap.

Seeing morons like teso laugh and post complete drivel while sucking your cock end becomes massively tedious. I'm all for a joke but turning everything into "reeled in another" is just boring. 

Ps: You aren't under my skin btw, you think far too much of yourself. The only thing that does getsl under my skin is watching the usual suspects in the Liverpool team fuck up and lose us points. Some random fella on the internet doesnt affect my mood at all. 

Adrian Cocking‏ @AdrianCocking_ 21h21 hours ago

Everyone is having a go a Carragher for spitting on that girl, just think about Harry Kane’s daughter has to face everyday of her life

xD

59 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

How easy it can happen? Easy? EASY? I think that says a lot more about you as a person than as an explanation of this incident. Spitting isn't normal, nor is it a regular snap decision for the vast majority of the country. 

Semantic overreaction and further gross misinterpretation.

The neurological underpinning to it is what is easy. You are getting hung up on your own personal scale of particular adjectives.

When the brain is in a relaxed and docile state only to suddenly become alerted to abuse, a threat, the pre-frontal cortex is not prepared, the science shows the amgydala and the mammalian brain fire up with significant brain activity. That activity over powers the pre-frontal cortex (responsible for reason and planning) creating this sensation Carragher describes as a "moment of madness". It is literally a moment in which you become a completely different person to your ordinary self. It doesn't last because activity in the amgydala subsides returning the pre-frontal cortex to control. In the court of law murder can be changed to manslaughter on the very basis of this neurology.

The average man can go a long time, sometimes years, decades, without ever having their amydala fire in public in anything remotely similar. So of course you are not seeing it in your personal scale of "common".

Like I said from the very beginning the act of spitting itself must come from an observation. You don't have to think spitting is ok for that to be the result of a split second mammalian override. What you do have to have observed and understood is that spitting is a way to get at someone. Then it will exist in your brain to be unlocked when the pre-frontal cortex is overridden. It is my opinion, having experienced the Tyne-Wear derby, that spitting is oft used move on both the front line and in general discourse about the otherside and that this can subsquently provide the necessary backdrop to spit at a Man utd fan.

Note, these fans weren't spitting for the same neurology as I am talking about with Carragher. They were and do usually make a premeditated decision to do it. Don't blur the two.

1 minute ago, Kitchen Sales said:

The neurological underpinning to it is what is easy. You are getting hung up on your own personal scale of particular adjectives.

When the brain is in a relaxed and docile state only to suddenly become alerted to abuse, a threat, the pre-frontal cortex is not prepared, the science shows the amgydala and the mammalian brain fire up with significant brain activity. That activity over powers the pre-frontal cortex (responsible for reason and planning) creating this sensation Carragher describes as a "moment of madness". It is literally a moment in which you become a completely different person to your ordinary self. It doesn't last because activity in the amgydala subsides returning the pre-frontal cortex to control. In the court of law murder can be changed to manslaughter on the very basis of this neurology.

The average man can go a long time, sometimes years, decades, without ever having their amydala fire in public in anything remotely similar. So of course you are not seeing it in your personal scale of "common".

Like I said from the very beginning the act of spitting itself must come from an observation. You don't have to think spitting is ok for that to be the result of a split second mammalian override. What you do have to have observed and understood is that spitting is a way to get at someone. Then it will exist in your brain to be unlocked when the pre-frontal cortex is overridden. It is my opinion, having experienced the Tyne-Wear derby, that spitting is oft used move on both the front line and in general discourse about the otherside.

Note, these fans weren't spitting for the same neurology as I am talking about with Carragher. They were and do usually make a premeditated decision to do it. Don't blur the two.

I understood a words.

14 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Like I said from the very beginning the act of spitting itself must come from an observation. You don't have to think spitting is ok for that to be the result of a split second mammalian override. What you do have to have observed and understood is that spitting is a way to get at someone. Then it will exist in your brain to be unlocked when the pre-frontal cortex is overridden. It is my opinion, having experienced the Tyne-Wear derby, that spitting is oft used move on both the front line and in general discourse about the otherside and that this can subsquently provide the necessary backdrop to spit at a Man utd fan.

Well done Harv you have given a detailed description of what I was terming “a moment of white hot anger” earlier 😉. 

A great example yesterday my daughter while climbing over my shoulders and back sank her teeth into the back of my head. I jump up instantly and shouted “ah you little shit” then she got upset because I’d shouted and my raised voice scared her. I didn’t think at all until that point at which I instantly calmed down & consoled her calmed her down and told her you mustn’t bite people (perfectly normal for toddlers btw enjoy it when you have your own lads). 

Does this make me a bad parent? No it doesn’t. 

I’d never think to call her a little shit at any point but I had zero control over my initial reaction. Once reason & logic return I regretted my actions and put her needs above my own. It’s why I have empathy for Carragher (although I’ll continue to take the piss) and I can completely understand Harv’s  point of view that we’re all capable of spitting. 

I’d also question what sort of fans you lot interact with when you say spitting’s not common.

I’ve not been to a ground yet where coins aren’t getting tossed, homophobia, racism, sexism, lewd language, chanting & gesticulating aren’t being practised.  I think everyone’s initial reaction to a conceded penalty is “fuck off ref you cunt!” Before you calm down. 

Spitting is quite minor really on the scale of rival fan behaviour, stand 2-3 rows from away fans you’ll see it in every ground in the country to varying scales of ferocity.  

Football is still very tribal and it brings out a range of emotions some of them not very redeeming.

5 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

It has become the norm now for people in all walks of life to pounce on anything remotely interesting or controversial.. It's not like the old days where what you said or did was just a rumour if the local rags were not in attendance to capture the incident as it was happening... Nowadays everybody is a mini journalist just reaching for the phone in their back pocket to record every detail of what goes on. 

People who are in the media spotlight whether that be Sports personalities or Politicians etc, need to to remember they are nearly always going to be getting attention whenever they go out shopping or to restaurants or functions even if it's unwanted as it goes with the territory.. You say he doesn't deserve it but in the grand scheme of things where we are trying to be better examples to kids it's completely unacceptable. Spitting is the lowest of the low to me... 

Do you think my place of work would find it acceptable if while getting loads of crap from one of the Senior Managers in our morning meeting I decided that as I was not happy about it because what happened was not my fault or that I was not having a good day that on leaving I just gobbed straight at him as a show of my disdain??? I don't think I would be in a job very long no matter how many times I said sorry... I can't think of many that would consider that an acceptable situation in any walk of life... 

What you would think they might have learnt by now which is the most baffling is to hold all that frustration in and be calm under fire then when they get home vent all their anger by kicking a few chairs around, next doors cat or having a good half hour on the punchbag.. We are only human and we all say or do things we regret at certain points in our lives but most of us don't end up plastered all over the internet for doing it.. People like him do

Yeah mate good point.

Guess it's just personal opinion here but I think it's harsh to be sacked for something so heat in the moment.

Andy Gray and Keys I understand why and agree but this I think is harsh, who know's what sort of mood Carragher could have been in and maybe that day the littlest thing could have ticked him off. It doesn't make it right but still.

Hope the driver of that car gets the penalty and fine as well.

1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

You know when you are rushing to the lecture course because you had a late night on the booze and drugs with your mates and got bugger all sleep the night before and rush in t-shirt inside out, smelling like an old sock, take the nearest seat at the back hoping no-one has noticed your late arrival and open your books only to be fronted by this first thing and think to yourself I didn't think studying for my 'Star Trek' degree was going to be this hard.... 

And yes, It's a degree Jim but not as we know it... 

Quality reply though... 

• Subscriber

Gimpy that I can't be arsed having a real dig at a modern day Liverpool icon because I'm actually more bothered about how depressing it is that due to camera phones, social media offering dickheads like this minor celebrity status and the whole SJW/snowflake stance that you can get sacked for an angry human reaction towards someone who themselves was being an utter cunt to you on purpose. Let's not ignore how much of a pathetic little man the guy with the camera is.

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

Yeah mate good point.

Guess it's just personal opinion here but I think it's harsh to be sacked for something so heat in the moment.

Andy Gray and Keys I understand why and agree but this I think is harsh, who know's what sort of mood Carragher could have been in and maybe that day the littlest thing could have ticked him off. It doesn't make it right but still.

Hope the driver of that car gets the penalty and fine as well.

I would agree with that.. All of us at some point have opened our mouths at the wrong time or said the wrong thing in anger or frustration and it does not usually prove to be so costly... And as for the driver it would be a shame to overlook his part in it.. The use of a mobile phone while driving incurs penalty points now does it not?? let alone not paying full attention to the road while his daughter was in the car... certainly doubt his error will be getting the same coverage... 

Clearly an out of character reaction. He doesn't deserve to be fired over this, he's good at his job and what he did was make one mistake. I'd be saying the same if it were Gary Neville before anybody starts. 

We've all had that moment where you react in a way you wouldn't usually do. Its a build up of pressure and something so simple triggered Carr's.

5 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

5 hours ago, Rab said:

I understood a words.

Smiley and Harv right now xD

Being spat at is absolutely disgusting, i'd rather get a punch on the stomach than a spit. At least you can fightback and get back at the cunt, but if you're spat at even if you knock that person out you'd still feel disgusted.

14 hours ago, Berserker said:

Being spat at is absolutely disgusting, i'd rather get a punch on the stomach than a spit. At least you can fightback and get back at the cunt, but if you're spat at even if you knock that person out you'd still feel disgusted.

Yeah to answer the question of who we people who don't think spitting is a natural reaction in a moment of madness (like me) hang out with, I imagine I'd be much more likely to hit someone that pissed me off or throw something at them if they're too far away if they pissed me off to the point of losing all control rather than spit on them. I'd probably say as much hurtful shit as my angry brain could think of too.

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43401015

Former Liverpool and England defender Jamie Carragher has been suspended by Sky until the end of the football season after he spat at a car.

Carragher was filmed spitting from his car towards a girl in another vehicle after Liverpool's 2-1 Premier League loss at Manchester United on Saturday.

He has apologised over the incident.

The broadcaster says the 40-year-old, a Sky Sports pundit, will "get the help he needs to guarantee something like this never happens again".

Sky says the decision was made following an internal review, adding: "Before the start of the next season we will sit down with Jamie to discuss whether he is ready to return to his role."

Following his suspension, Carragher posted on social media to apologise again for a "moment of madness".

The guy who was filming it has also been spoken to by Police, or is due to, anyway. 

Archived