talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 13th March - Man Utd (1) 1-2 (2) Sevilla (2nd Leg)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta be nice at least a little nice for Spurs fans, because while they were eliminated at least they went down swinging against European giants. United played like cowards against an alright Sevilla side and were outplayed over two legs. Makes you wonder what a manager like Pochettino could do with the players United have and the resources they have to spend.

Come on @Teso dos Bichos don't go into hiding now

25 minutes ago, Blue said:

As a journalist, we are still football fans and I've seen a lot of them that have personal vendetta's and failure to admit in being wrong. That's what makes me different. I can be stubborn I'll admit but I try to be as reasonable as possible. I think the journalists that do that stand out from the rest.

lol

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

the disrespect for Sevilla on BT Sport is utterly disgraceful. 

I've never heard anything like it. I can't take it one bit seriously to be honest.

It just shows how big a bubble there is around English football from fans and the media in this country. The arrogance and delusion about English teams is ridiculous and it's to the detriment of the league.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

the disrespect for Sevilla on BT Sport is utterly disgraceful. 

I do see where you're coming from and it does come across a bit elitist, but Sevilla are fifth in La Liga, a long way short of 4th. United on paper should've comfortably beaten them.

It's why I criticise punditry in this country. The treatment of Sevilla who are a much more successful club over the past 5 to 6 years is embarrassing. They know nothing about this sport and the sooner ex footballers are examined for their footballing nouce the better.

2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I do see where you're coming from and it does come across a bit elitist, but Sevilla are fifth in La Liga, a long way short of 4th. United on paper should've comfortably beaten them.

Why?  Because they're fourth in the Premier League?

Actually that shows something or could do.

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Juan Mata is criminally misused at United.

The man's a fucking marvel and could easily be a valuable player for an elite European side and his prime years have been utterly wasted.

Throwback to the Chelsea days. He has been ruined by Jose.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Juan Mata is criminally misused at United.

The man's a fucking marvel and could easily be a valuable player for an elite European side and his prime years have been utterly wasted.

the one thing I did agree with on BT (think it was Gerrard) - was that Matic and Fellaini weren't needed. 2 defensive midfielders at home when you need to win? Totally backwards logic from Mourinho.

Mata would have been perfect for this game from the start. Would have meant Nzonzi would have more to deal with as opposed to just being a shield in front of the Sevilla defence which he did to a tee but it was so easy for him.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I agree they were favourites but they've treated them like they're Stoke. Man Utd get talked up for winning the Europa League yet Sevilla won it three times before them.

It's all to create this fallacy that the Premier League is stronger than it actually is. It looks now like there will be probably two PL sides in the last eight, which is an improvement but still a way off the top.

This thread is spot on as well. Mourinho had an absolute shocker;

• The topic was unpinned

Archived