talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 13th March - Man Utd (1) 1-2 (2) Sevilla (2nd Leg)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sevilla have conceded 5 times in three games this year. I don't think they can be thought of as a good team for this level, and that shows how bad this defeat is for Man United.

They cannot even compete with a mediocre European side anymore.

2 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Sevilla have conceded 5 times in three games this year. I don't think they can be thought of as a good team for this level, and that shows how bad this defeat is for Man United.

They cannot even compete with a mediocre European side anymore.

I thought Sevilla wasn't a "smaller club"? 🤔

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Stan said:

such an under-rated player. I remember him being overly aggressive when he was here (perhaps due to Stoke's style) but he's flourished even more in Spain. You wouldn't expect a player who played like he did for Stoke to play so calmly and dare I say gracefully in a Champions League side like Sevilla's. Really like the way he plays his game. 

He always caught my eye at Stoke (although I do have the odd player like that, bizarrely the likes of Wes Hoolahan and James Morrison too I rated higher than many) but N'Zonzi really has gone on to become quite a brilliant player. I reckon someone like Liverpool could do a lot worse.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Annoys me to watch Matic plod around the pitch for another team, let alone for Chelsea. This guy is a middle table player at best.

That's weird, because apparently in August he was the saviour of Man Utd and Chelsea were idiots for selling him???????

4 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Try use your 'journalistic' skills to actually read what I write. I mean, I could try and really simplify it for you...

Love it xD

Honestly how good is Lukaku when you just give him constant service? Powerful, technical, the connection to that blocked volley from Sanchez was perfect. He's starved of chances in this United team.

You can't send Rashford down the wing and not have any support. Put Mata on, have Matic hold, allow Lingard to get in the box and play off Lukaku. I realise Mourinho isn't Ferguson, but United for 20 odd years had a style of play, a way of attacking the game. That's why they won so many games late on.

For me a big mention needs to go to Sevillas defence. They've obviously studied United and they were positioned well to intercept the crosses to Fellaini and Lukaku, completely nullified Uniteds attack in the first half. United came on strong in the second and had that Fellaini chance in the first half, but then Sevilla still defended the same, anticipated the crosses, dominated the aerial battles and managed to intercept crosses and passes before they got to their intended targets. That was a brilliant defensive display, quite different to their efforts in the final third where they were shocking all game until Ben Yedder came on.

3 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Wonderful. He's topped Inverted's meltdown from the game on Saturday. 

Yeah but at least every opinion I have about Mourinho is getting progressively proved true as opposed to progressively demolished.

Insane talk about Matic. Struggling to find a more complete DM out there. Mid table player xD

The guy's focus and will to win are incredible. Work rate and skill. His legs aren't the same anymore but an absolute monster of a player when in form. In a good day he'll look as if he's half of your team.

Obviously if he plays 90 minutes literally every game the level won't stay the same. It could explain his superb beggining of season and now this somewhat of a decline, but just last week he had some Liverpool players in his pocket.

The old Man Utd win that tie 3 or 4-0 tonight. The crowd lifts the level of performance and the players cut loose and respond. They probably even get the tie done by half time. That was the Man Utd I used to remember in the Champions League.

That 'fear' and sense of inevitability has vanished completely. I love to mock United obviously and this is brilliant to see, but I am amazed they are still getting this so wrong. 

If Sevilla go to City, Juve, Real, Barca or Bayern tonight, they get out to the sword, simple. Handy team but they have enough vulnerabilities to be exposed.

Mourinho is terrible for the progression of the club going forward but the board are also to blame if not more. When will the thick cunts see it?

Hopefully not for a while yet...

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

You know what is fucking hilarious? An arsenal/Barcelona fan has no room to talk about a genuine fan!! And second, at least have the goddamn decency to tag someone or call them out by their name.... Leave the fucking indirects for the pussies like FOYM

Matter of fact, you and the rest have fun will this brown-nosing infested place. Nicholas ill catch you on the flip side and marc, ill be waiting for the day you come back home !

Peace, TdB

See you next week

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Los Shitasticos

Fantastic post Spike. Combing the word 'Galactico' with 'Shit' is an amazing pun, especially since it is a double pun because phonetically it sounds 'shit-tastic' a pun on 'fantastic' and 'shit'.

Just now, Spike said:

Fantastic post Spike. Combing the word 'Galactico' with 'Shit' is an amazing pun, especially since it is a double pun because phonetically it sounds 'shit-tastic' a pun on 'fantastic' and 'shit'.

Cheers mate. How about that game today? You'd think Man Utd would have won if Mourinho played Pogba. Dynamite in both feet that cat.

Just now, Spike said:

Cheers mate. How about that game today? You'd think Man Utd would have won if Mourinho played Pogba. Dynamite in both feet that cat.

The best part was after the game when he essentially said that 'losing in the CL knockouts' is apart of what United is all about. Insane stuff.

Sevilla completely deserved the win and was the better team in both legs. Great sub by Montella who brought on Ben Yedder who bagged two and could have easily had an hat trick being left one on one with De Gea. 

Overall my opinion is just to #Trusttheprocess

• The topic was unpinned

Archived