talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 13th March - Man Utd (1) 1-2 (2) Sevilla (2nd Leg)

this might be a little off topic ...........

United got Sevilla which always do great in europe.    Spurs got the mighty Juventus.     Chelsea have a date with god-messi and co.

can we agree that City had it easy when they were pitted against the watch makers from Basel ??

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

United got Sevilla which always do great in europe.    Spurs got the mighty Juventus.     Chelsea have a date with god-messi and co.

can we agree that City had it easy when they were pitted against the watch makers from Basel ??

Yes, thats a fantastic point

16 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

4 minutes ago, Asura said:

Yes, thats a fantastic point

Yeah, City had it a whole lot easier but then again most felt that this was the case.  For me the closest tie was the Barça v Chelsea clash because of modern history between the two clubs that can't be ignored. The Real v PSG tie was always going to be favourable towards Real even in their state at the time which was terrible to be honest... I also always felt Sevilla would give United a very difficult two games because Man Utd traditionally do badly against Spanish clubs and only last season they were played off the park by Celta Vigo and we're lucky to progress. Even so I though United would get passed Sevilla because in the second half of the season they've been very up and down with more downs than ups.  Had Man Utd met the Sevilla of the first half of the season the Spanish club would've wiped the floor with United.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, City had it a whole lot easier but then again most felt that this was the case.  For me the closest tie was the Barça v Chelsea clash because of modern history between the two clubs that can't be ignored. The Real v PSG tie was always going to be favourable towards Real even in their state at the time which was terrible to be honest... I also always felt Sevilla would give United a very difficult two games because Man Utd traditionally do badly against Spanish clubs and only last season they were played off the park by Celta Vigo and we're lucky to progress. Even so I though United would get passed Sevilla because in the second half of the season they've been very up and down with more downs than ups.  Had Man Utd met the Sevilla of the first half of the season the Spanish club would've wiped the floor with United.

so now, we have LIverpool.   Madrid.  Roma.  Sevilla.  Juventus.   Bayern.   City.      all that's left is tonight's deciding game against Barca and Chelsea.

what would be a good match in the quarters ??

me, i want to see  Bayern Vs City.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I mentioned this in some thread in la liga few months/weeks back, I dont think Sevilla will be the same from the last few years because Monchi left and its not easy for them to scout great players and run the club fantastically on a small budget. May be the effects are not yet visible because he left recently but in the next couple of years Im predicting Sevilla to do bad, just like Valencia prior to Marcelino.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, bozziovai said:

so now, we have LIverpool.   Madrid.  Roma.  Sevilla.  Juventus.   Bayern.   City.      all that's left is tonight's deciding game against Barca and Chelsea.

what would be a good match in the quarters ??

me, i want to see  Bayern Vs City.

Liverpool vs Juventus
Bayern vs City
Roma vs Sevilla
Barcelona/Chelsea vs Real Madrid

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Liverpool vs Juventus
Bayern vs City
Roma vs Sevilla

i'd take that and if we could have City vs Madrid and Bayern vs BAR/CHE it would be a lot better imo.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Liverpool vs Juventus
Bayern vs City
Roma vs Sevilla

Interesting...

Liverpool v Juventus

This tie has massive historical significance in the European Cup and would be a big match-up were it to occur.

Bayern Munich v Manchester City

What can one say other than recent history with the brand name Pep Guardiola.

AS Roma v Sevilla FC

Monchi and the outsiders...

FC Barcelona/Chelsea v Real Madrid

I can only go by a hypothetical progression of Barcelona to take anything out of this tie with the obvious European El Clásico clash and all that goes with that.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Interesting...

Liverpool v Juventus

This tie has massive historical significance in the European Cup and would be a big match-up were it to occur.

Bans incoming.

On 14/03/2018 at 08:26, DeadLinesman said:

Pogba is genuine dogshit and we should never have bought Sanchez either. Seething.

They're just not Mourinho players. They are exactly the sort of players most managers should want and be capable of working wonders with...

On 14/3/2018 at 03:28, The Palace Fan said:

After seeing how many people in this thread just could not wait to shove it down @Teso dos Bichos throat that United lost shows what a great wum he is without really having to try.

Oi, we all know you'll do the same if Peru loses in the World Cup :cardY:

Archived