talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 13th March - Man Utd (1) 1-2 (2) Sevilla (2nd Leg)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Machado said:

"I've sat in this chair twice before, with Porto - Man Utd out, with Real Madrid - Man Utd out, so this is nothing new for this football club."

Losing is plot? This is a shameful thing to say.

Glorious

Ex Crystal Palace coach Frank de Boer seems to have done the waiting game pretty well after Jose Mourinho criticised the Dutch coach by labelling him the worst coach in Premier League history.

De Boer this morning got the last laugh and hit back with this;

"He may call me the worst coach in Premier League history, but I've never seen or heard of a coach that spends hundreds of millions on talented players to then get them to lose and play such terrible football.  The worst part is the football they play which needs a special talent to get such good footballers to do this."

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Ex Crystal Palace coach Frank de Boer seems to have done the waiting game pretty well after Jose Mourinho criticised the Dutch coach by labelling him the worst coach in Premier League history.

De Boer this morning got the last laugh and hit back with this;

"He may call me the worst coach in Premier League history, but I've never seen or heard of a coach that spends hundreds of millions on talented players to then get them to lose and play such terrible football.  The worst part is the football they play which needs a special talent to get such good footballers to do this."

Please stop Frank, it's like watching an amatuer boxer with one arm going after Floyd Mayweather.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Machado said:

Insane talk about Matic. Struggling to find a more complete DM out there. Mid table player xD

Take your Benfica-tinted glasses off mate.

The defensive midfielder he was up against is one example of a player better than Matic - Nzonzi barely broke in to a sweat. 

Also, Sergio Busquets? Casemiro? Kante? 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Spike said:

Fantastic post Spike. Combing the word 'Galactico' with 'Shit' is an amazing pun, especially since it is a double pun because phonetically it sounds 'shit-tastic' a pun on 'fantastic' and 'shit'.

4 hours ago, Spike said:

Cheers mate. How about that game today? You'd think Man Utd would have won if Mourinho played Pogba. Dynamite in both feet that cat.

4 hours ago, Spike said:

The best part was after the game when he essentially said that 'losing in the CL knockouts' is apart of what United is all about. Insane stuff.

Spike, you okay mate?

Just now, Stan said:

Take your Benfica-tinted glasses off mate.

The defensive midfielder he was up against is one example of a player better than Matic - Nzonzi barely broke in to a sweat. 

Also, Sergio Busquets? Casemiro? Kante? 

No tinted glasses.

That's insane. He's twice the player Nzonzi will ever be and the same goes for Casemiro.

He's a more complete player than Busquets but Busquets' genius serves Barcelona better than any other player could. We'll never know though if he could adapt to a different style and faster paced league.

As for Kante, he's a monster but I would still take prime Matic over prime Kante.

1 hour ago, Machado said:

No tinted glasses.

That's insane. He's twice the player Nzonzi will ever be and the same goes for Casemiro.

He's a more complete player than Busquets but Busquets' genius serves Barcelona better than any other player could. We'll never know though if he could adapt to a different style and faster paced league.

As for Kante, he's a monster but I would still take prime Matic over prime Kante.

He's fallen massively mate,  2014 he was an absolute animal (really really good) but he's never recovered that level since. The closest he got was the first few months of last season where he was playing well but his performances declined after that. He was often one of the scapegoats for Chelsea fans last season as well, a long with a few other players. We could see that 2014 level again or something close in the future, I have no doubt he has that in him still but watching him these days he's a shadow of the player. As you said, Matic at his best, he's everywhere, an animal, counts for two midfielders almost but these days I watch him and he's always just plodding around the pitch and he's lost that intensity to his game particularly on a consistent basis. This is a guy also who Fabregas pushed out of the team in the second half of last season, Matic wasn't even a guaranteed starter towards the end as Cesc was playing a lot better.

11 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Sevilla have conceded 5 times in three games this year. I don't think they can be thought of as a good team for this level, and that shows how bad this defeat is for Man United.

They cannot even compete with a mediocre European side anymore.

To be fair, they have been brilliant in the cups and will be playing Barcelona in the copa del rey final next month, after eliminating some good sides along the way. They do very well in cup competitions and in fact often win trophies these days. United with all the money they spend should beat most teams but it doesn't mean they actually will as spending money alone is meaningless if you just buy any star in sight and there is zero thought process behind it all. This Sevilla side isn't as good at the ones we've seen over the last 4 or so years but they still shouldn't be underestimated.

Apparently scholes said Seville didn't have a goal in them st half time xD What an embarrasment of a pundit. Charisma of a dried up turd. Hope he goes into management. I know he'll fail

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

Not a fan of the double or even triple pivot?

what's the need for a triple pivot though in that French side?

They have attacking quality to burn and with quality like Matuidi and/or Kante as the defensive midfielders, you don't really need a third 'pivot' position. Kante covers enough ground as it is :D 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

what's the need for a triple pivot though in that French side?

They have attacking quality to burn and with quality like Matuidi and/or Kante as the defensive midfielders, you don't really need a third 'pivot' position. Kante covers enough ground as it is :D 

Kanté and Matuidi together would in effect be a double pivot. 

I expected United to breeze through here so I got a nice little surprise when I checked the scores last night. I said after the first leg Mourinho is done as a top tier manager, It seems like the game is passing him by the champions league is a lot different now compared to when he when he won it with Inter, There are a lot more goals and high scoring games now compared to back then, The top sides play on the front foot and try to kill off the tie while Mourinho sticks to his awful defensive tactics he's been deploying for over a decade.

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Kanté and Matuidi together would in effect be a double pivot. 

i know? but that's not what I was saying xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived